“1 of the Best HOTELS we ever stayed in from 26/06 to 29/06/14”

The Lalit New Delhi
Ranked #40 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This LALIT HOTEL in New Delhi was the finest and best hotel I ever had, We have travelled far and wide has stayed in most 4/5 star but nothing compared to this place,
the excellent staff at breakfast time really make us welcome,then there is this Lady her name was
PARUL I think her role was guest relation,she gave good advice on where we can shop and where to visit n see ,she was talking with my wife and told we have visited,South Africa,Dubai,
Nepal,Kashmir after here to Goa was my birthday gift,
She actually sent a Birthday Cake and a flowers to our room,

Room Tip: Our room was on 20th floor was very efficient
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Namaskar !
Thank you for such a flattering review. We are indeed very honoured and humbled at the same time. It is our constant endeavour to meet and exceed our Guest's expectations and I am delighted we were able to make your stay a memorable one.
I hope we will be your hotel of choice whenever you will travel to Delhi in the future
I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed 2 nights and loved the rooms hotel and buffet and as well excellent staff especially we would like to thank ms Kalpana Foshi she teçreated us so nicely and we felt at home also nice location for business and sight seeing as well. Also we got the airport pick up

Stayed: July 2014

Namaskar !

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, especially towards Kalpana. Its very reassuring to learn that our team members are committed to ensuring Guest Delight. Your review certainly goes a long way in motivating the team to do better. I hope you will continue to patronize us and also recommend us to your friends, family & company.
I look forward to welcoming you back to your HOME in Delhi

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed for a night on 13 July 2014. Husband and I wanted a short break from work. Swimming and FIFA finale were our 2 priorities. Lalit was one of the very few places, screening the late night final at the 24/7 bar so we zeroed on it.
It took them full 40 mins to check us in. Upon reaching the room,We realised they didn't give us a smoking room as requested. I was already a little irritated by waiting for so long in the noisy lobby and this further irritated me. After another 30 mins of communicating and waiting, finally reached our room. I pulled away the curtains and my anger faded away. It had been raining and delhi roads looked clean and green. U look down and u can see the swimming pool and the famous modern school across the road. The welcome tea and biscotti were nice. Went for the Sunday brunch at the 24/7 restaurant. It was a nice and I quite enjoyed it. ₹ 2200 + taxes per person. Please include sugar free desserts for diabetics.
The pool is big and clean, enjoyed swimming BUT when I reached the changing room for a shower I almost got burned. The water was scalding hot and there was not even a single attendant around. Somehow managed to wash out the shampoo from my hair and came out. My husband said it was the same in men's washroom as we'll. the pool area in-charge said a few sorries, asked our room number ( I dunno for what) and went away.
24/7 bar was too crowded with football fans, they specially opened the SALON at their night club "kitty su" for fans. That was a nice touch. But we mainly saw the match in our room with our friends.
Room service and house keeping is quick. They say at least 30 mins for room service but our order came within 15 mins.
Could hear the faint sounds of the Marchpast drums and " left right left" from the school across the road, early in the morning.
Breakfast spread was lavish. The staff at the 24/7 restaurant is very nice, specially Yashvendra/ yarvendra ( don't remember the name exactly). He fed us so much on both the meals that I could barely get up from the chair. Got everything for hot and fresh for us on the table. Special cheers to him. Food is awesome at this hotel. Will try the WOK and Baluchi on our next visit.
Check out was quick and swift.

Room Tip: Scary wind sounds on 21st floor. We were allotted 2135 earlier, the sounds were really scary.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Namaskar !
Thank you for taking out the time and writing about your stay at The Lalit New Delhi on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful overall stay barring the delay at check-in. Please accept my apologies for the same. I understand how tedious it can be after a long travel to further wait at the reception counter. Please be assured that this is our focus as well & my Front Office Manager is committed to ensure 100% swift check-in for all our guests.
I hope you will offer us another opportunity where we can showcase our Brand Promise of Limitless Hospitality.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The location good, staff friendly , but has some maintenance issues, AC hardly works and turns off and on at night. The response of maintenance staff is very lethargic. Housekeepers are not bothered about up keep of rooms, lamps, switches, telephone, have some problems all the time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit. It is from feedback like yours that we learn and grow. I have discussed this with my Chief Engineer & Executive HouseKeeper for immediate corrective action & training

We hope you will continue to choose The Lalit New Delhi, as your HOME on your next visit to New Delhi. Please do write me an email at vshukla@thelalit.com of your future visits to ensure we look after you better. Look forward to meeting with you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Lalit Hotel in New Delhi always given me the amazing memories. I always stay there on a business trip with my business partners. Last month, I went on my own and the management knew that I was coming. The minute I landed at the airport, I was greeted by the Lalit hotel's staff member, Mr Gurtej Singh (Airport Exceutive Officer) who escorted me to the hotel and he made sure that I was comfortable. I also met Mr Ramesh K Bali (General Manager-Airport) and Mr Ramesh Thapliyal (Asst. Manager-Airport). their warm welcome at the airport touched my heart.

I must say that The Lalit-New Delhi has the excellent staff, who goes an extra mile to make their customers' happy. A special thank you to Mr Vivek Shukla (General Manager- the Lalit), who always try his best to make us comfortable.

In Baluchi restaurant, special thank you to Mr Tyagi, Mr Mukesh Singh Rawat and our beautiful hostess Jaya. Also thank you to Manoj, Wasim and Dharam, due to their hospitality and excellent service we come to the Lalit.

Overall, a great experience was felt on my each stay. I would strongly recommend anyone and every one to stay in the Lalit. I am sure you have a great experience of Indian culture. The Lalit is my second Home.

Nandini

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Namaskar !
Thank you for your most kind words of appreciation. Your feedback indeed serves as a motivation to the entire team of The Lalit New Delhi to continue on the path of Limitless Hospitality. Your recognition of Gurtej, Mr. Bali, Ramesh, Mukesh, Chef Tyagi, Jaya, Manoj, Wasim & Dharam is very kind and the reason for me to shine through. All the credit goes to them !!
We hope to be your preferred choice of hotel whenever you plan to come to Delhi next and also recommend us to your friends, family and company.
I look forward to welcoming you to your HOME in Delhi
Warmest regards

Reviewed July 8, 2014

A very old property but are maintaining good. The energy level is low , I felt, but that does not matter much. I am a Indian food lover but the Indian food at this place is not good even at Baluchi (their Indian Cuisine Restaurant).....the Breakfast is well spread as in other Hotels......I felt that Lalit Touch is missing here.......

Room Tip: Network of mobiles are weak at higher floors and is quite astonishing n surprising. Its a centre mos...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank agrawalshiv

Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit. I am concerned to note that you did not experience "Limitless Hospitality" which is our commitment to our esteemed guests.

Please be assured that we have taken your feedback constructively to improve on our services. We hope you will continue to choose The Lalit New Delhi, as your HOME on your next visit to New Delhi and also recommend to your family, friends and company.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel is located at prime place in the central of Delhi, Its good for business and holiday. The staff is very cooperative at check in and all kind of guest services. Ms Pragya Gulati at Club Lounge was perfect in her job in handling speedy check in formalities and guiding the facilities in Club Lounge, Room and Hotel. Mr Manoj at club lounge was a happy and smart boy at your service. The facilities at Club Lounge are more over satisfactory except they can improve in variety of breakfast items.

Room Tip: Club Corner Suit is a good choice but check the air ventilation and air-conditioning as per your tas...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit. We are indeed proud to have Pragya & Manoj as part of the team. They manage our exclusive Club Lounge very well and we will certainly recognize them on your behalf. Your kind words go a long way in motivating them to do even better.