“Very Good Hotel”

Ranked #43 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very Good Hotel”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotels that are 4 stars and above in India are generally world class. The level of hospitality of Indian Hotels has no need for superlatives and unnecessary ranting and raving. The criteria of choosing a hotel in India then falls on the objectives of one's visit and hence the location. Lalit is central to all the shopping and restaurants. Therefore from my visits to Lalit all these years I will sum it up as follows:
Food: above average breakfast spread. Most F&B outlets in the hotel are of decent standard. The Indian/Afghan restaurant is worth dining in.
Room: clean and comfortable
Gym: adequate
Spa: average
Heated pool: wasn't working the last time I was there. Generally ok.
Conclusion: Very Good Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit. It is from feedback like yours that we learn and grow.

Please do write me an email at vshukla@thelalit.com of your future visits to ensure we look after you better. Look forward to meeting with you on your next visit.

Vivek Shukla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Lalit Hotel in New Delhi for a month and a half, from the beginning of March to mid April 2014, while working on a journalistic project. I can only say that my experience while at the Lalit was excellent; they made me feel completely at home, providing me with really top rate service, the best I’ve had in a long time. This included everything from their 24/7 buffet-a la carte restaurant (one of the few available in Delhi) on the ground floor, where I had delicious breakfasts every morning attended by staff who were genuinely friendly and very attentive, to the hotel concierge, who helped me with local information and the mailing of complicated packages back to my home residence, and the good-natured room attendants who were impeccable in cleaning my room. Not to mention the warmth and the efficiency of the Manager and Assistant Manager, the Head of Corporate sales, the Assistant Front Office Manger and of course the reception staff.

We chose the hotel initially partially because of its location and warm interior decoration. It is about 10 minutes on foot to Connaught Place, one of the largest financial, commercial and business centers in the city and 5 minutes to the Barakhamba Metro station. It’s also 5 minutes from the Bengali market -- if you want to do basic shopping or perhaps have a snack at the Bengali Sweet House – and, in general, very near to a number of cultural centers and historical monuments.

Since the Lalit is one of the taller buildings in downtown Delhi, the views from the upper rooms are great, and if you want the best view, then go to the rooftop Grill for European cuisine and an incredible view of Delhi. Speaking of food, the Lalit’s Baluchi restaurant is one of Delhi’s best.

The only improvement I can suggest would be for long term guests like myself: it would have been nice to have more closet or wardrobe space for hanging clothes, suits, etc.

I look forward to going back to the Lalit when the opportunity arises!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Namaskar !
Thank you for your most kind words of appreciation. Your feedback indeed serves as a motivation to the entire team of The Lalit New Delhi to continue on the path of Limitless Hospitality.
We hope to be your preferred choice of hotel whenever you plan to come to Delhi next and also recommend us to your friends, family and company.
Do write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com before your next visit and I will ensure you have another memorable experience.
I look forward to welcoming you to your HOME in Delhi
Warmest regards
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks in June and I really enjoyed the location of the hotel. Being centrally located there is easy access to nearly everything. The staff really shine in this hotel and you will feel like they generally care for you all the time. The Baluchi restuarant is very good and the breakfast buffet caters to all. I would ask that they make their wifi free as it costs about $100 USD a week, even though when booking from a website it says free. To get free you have to book through the hotel and not another site I was told when I enquired. Anyway it is the 21st centry and every hotel has free wifi so it needs updating in that aspect because one gets the feeling they are nickel and diming so to speak. Another thing is don't worry to much if the power goes out when in the elevator and it stops it will come on in a few minutes.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view and as high as you can for the best views of the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roddybuck
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest:

Namaskar !

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed a meal at our award winning Pan Indian restaurant - Baluchi. I invite you to experience our other gastronomical delights from Woks & The Grill or enjoy our NightClub - Kitty Su which is one of the best night clubs in the world !

We hope you will continue to choose The Lalit New Delhi, as your HOME on your next visit to New Delhi and also recommend to your family, friends and company. Indeed, if you book through our website you get free wifi.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have stayed at the Lalit a number of times and will do so again. I like its location close to Metro and CP and the services it offers. The food served in the 24/7 Restaurant is of excellent quality and variety. The customer service team are very helpful. However ...

The Lalit reminds me of a Bollywood star of a "certain age." It is faced with a similar challenge ... How to keep working in the face of competition from younger, more attractive contenders. Although it still gives a great performance, it's age is beginning to show. It is the hard work of the support team that allows the actor to remain working ... Hairdresser, makeup artist, sympathetic cameraman. So too with the Lalit, it is the dedication of the staff that overcomes the difficulties posed by faulty plumbing and tired fittings.

The individuality of the Lalit stands out. Although primarily oriented towards the business market, its welcome is wide enough and warm enough to welcome all travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LooksWest
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest:

Namaskar !

Thank you for your most wonderful feedback towards the services and experienced by you, specially from our wonderful team who we will certainly recognize. We are proud to be a hotel serving its esteemed guests for more than 25 years. Product renovation & refurbishment is a way of life for us and I hope to show you our newly renovated wing of rooms on your next visit.

We hope you will continue to choose The Lalit New Delhi, as your HOME in New Delhi and also recommend to your family, friends and company.

quepos
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at the Lalit at the end of our two week vacation in India. It was definitely the highlight of our trip. The rooms and facilities are all excellent, and there is an attention to detail that really makes the hotel feel like home (complimentary fruit and water in the rooms, chilled bottled water in all the hotel cars, excellent cosmetics in the bathroom, like colgate toothpaste and separate conditioner which our daughters totally appreciated, and an adorable box filled with post-its, paper clips, tape and all sorts of other items that make you feel like you are at home at your desk and not in an anonymous hotel room). But what really makes this hotel stand out is their phenomenal service. From the moment we walked through the front door, we felt as if all the staff members were completely invested in making every element of our stay as perfect as possible. Manoj and Dharam in the lounge remembered our favourite drinks, Ramesh the airport manager rescued our son when he was flying home on his own early to catch an exam and his flight was cancelled, and Sunil the room manager went above and beyond to make sure our children could be in adjoining rooms, and that all our other special requests were attended to. And the shining jewel award goes to the hotel concierge, Rahul Mittal, who mailed our postcards, helped us plan shopping excursions, provided ongoing tips for navigating our way through Delhi, and gave us invaluable advice and help when planning various sightseeing trips. Personally I get a tiny bit uncomfortable when faced with so much obsequiousness, but there was a sweet sincerity to all the staff members which made me able to stomach it. We would definitely stay here again, and we were pleased with our decision to splurge for our last few days in India.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite which was very spacious and comfortable. We found it to be better valu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kfamilycr
Namaskar !!
Thank you for such a glowing review. Words cannot express my gratitude and how humbled we at The Lalit New Delhi feel on reading your feedback. It comes as a resounding reassurance to me that my team, especially; Manoj, Dharam, Ramesh & Rahul are walking our brand promise of Limitless Hospitality. I hope you will also recommend us to your friends & family.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com, whenever you plan your next visit. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you back to your HOME in Delhi.
Silvassa, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, India
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have stayed at LALIT for some business trip to delhi. The property is located inside the city and the best thing is that the hotel entrance is directly connecting to the DELHI METRO. Delhi metro is the best travel media in delhi and you can reach almost all majour places through the metro.
The stay was very good and restaurant and food quality was excellent !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank santhoshlantec
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, June 24, 2014

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We opt to stay for a better type of room for few nights in Lalit in February 2014.
The room turned out to be a simple room which is small, with sad view and didn't include free
Wi-Fi. The only good part was breakfast was good.
We left with the feeling that as we were staying in a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Namaskar !

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Lalit New Delhi during your recent visit and giving us your valuable feedback. We regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us to the fullest. Please be assured that it is our earnest endeavour to showcase our brand promise of Limitless Hospitality to our guests.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com whenever you plan to your visit to Delhi in the future and I will personally ensure you have a wonderful stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Warm Regards