“Mixed emotions”

The Lalit New Delhi
Ranked #37 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Well let me see how to put this:
1. The reception guy looked like he had a bag day, his service was not up to standards
2. The restaurant on the top floor had excellent food and service.
3. The concierge in front was always good getting taxis for me
4. I asked a man in front desk or concierge desk next to it if they could help me arrange car to Jaipur. He answered that only the hotel car. I asked if I could be helped reserving hotel in Jaipur and buying air ticket, he said NO. I asked if they could direct me to travel agency, the answer was again No.

For some reason several employees did not seem happy with their jobs, like they are there to do their time, get paid and go home as fast as possible.

The hotel was alright the food was very good including the breakfast buffet but I would not stay there again, I just felt kind of negative energy or a bad feeling about the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Namaskar !
Thank you for taking out the time and giving us your valuable feedback. It is very disturbing to note that you got negative vibes in the hotel and from its people. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the entire team and I personally will ensure that you have a diametrically opposite experience next time. I request you to give us another opportunity to change your views. Please write to me the next time you plan to come to Delhi and we will ensure you have a fantastic stay.
vshukla@thelalit.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,317)

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for one night with my family of four persons. The hotel and it's Grill restaurant were really nice. The staff was very friendly and made us all feel welcome. Pick up from railway station and drop off to airport was a great arrangement. The room was spacious enough for the whole family. They also served a good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014

Namaskar !
Thank you for your kind words towards our team and services. At The Lalit New Delhi it is our endeavour to meet & exceed your expectations. I hope we will be your preferred choice of hotel in times to come. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I normally don’t write reviews but travelling around India and visiting different cities, our stay at Lalit at the end was the jewel of our hotel stays in India. On our arrival as we stepped out of our taxi, both the doorman’s at the foyer of Lalit greeted us with a warm gesture “Welcome Back”. Returning to Lalit after one year I initially hardy recognised them, but it felt so friendly and welcoming.
It is the staff with their warm hospitality and friendliness that make this place somewhere you want to return to… particularly Rahul and Surinder at the concierge service, Sunita in the Spa and Jatinder at breakfast.. they all recognised us from last year.
The hotel itself is an oasis of peace and tranquillity shielding the guests from the hustle and bustle of Delhi yet situated central in New Delhi at the edge of Connaught Place.
Our room on the 20th floor was comfortable and luxurious; the breakfast buffet was delicious and had everything we could wish for. The restaurants in the hotel catered well for both Western/European and Asian cuisine.
During this stay, we felt hugely welcomed & I will come back just to stay here.....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tejman G

Namaskar !
A heartfelt "Thank you" to you for the most wonderful feedback. It is feedback like yours that motivate the entire team of The Lalit New Delhi to do better each day. We will certainly convey your appreciation towards our Doormen, Rahul, Sunita, Surinder & Jitender. They are our Stars !!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Airport Transfer was probably the best experience in the entire stay.

Had booked for a King-Bed but was told only Queens beds available. Accepted but the room provided was a twin-bed. Upon enquiring back with the front desk, was told there are none available. Requested to speak with the duty manager who told me that there are no Queen Bed rooms in this hotel! Now quite perplexed found that weird as this is what was conveyed by the front desk upon check-in. Duty manager (DM) challenged me and was as blunt as stating that I was lying and called up the person who had checked me in to verify this. Luckily there was another guest with me checking in at the same time and he too was told only Queen Beds were available. I was appalled at this entire episode. Requested for the General manager's contact details, this was assured by the DM but never provided. I could go on but it was disappointing that a hotel does not know how to treat and respect its guests.

In summary, don't waste your time. Its the last thing you need when on business a hotel which does not respect its guests and where you need to challenge everything that you require to make it a perfect stay. The Lalit is a done and tired hotel. Suggestion would be to go stay at the nearby Shangri-La which is brand new and at the same price range.

Room Tip: This Lalit has lost its charm. Unless on a tight budget and purely to sleep, I would NOT recommend...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Kaulrk

Namaskar !
At the outset please accept my apologies for the mis-communication leading to your dis satisfactory experience. It is sad that i could not connect with you while you were in the hotel. I hope you will treat this incident in isolation and grant us another opportunity to be of service.
Please write to me the next time you plan to come to Delhi and we will ensure you have a faultless stay

Reviewed March 29, 2014

For anyone with food allergies and just seeking the joy of Indian culture and hospitality, the hotel staff was amazing. The chef greeted me and made sure I was able to have gluten-free and vegan meals. The hotel staff made sure we had everything we needed and more.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Namaskar !
Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, especially towards our Chef. It is our endeavour to meet & exceed your expectations. I hope The Lalit New Delhi will be your preferred choice of hotel whenever you are in Delhi.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I'm not a fan of this type of hotel, I prefer the heritage style, but there is not much to fault if a smart modern hotel is what you are after. Reasonable size room, clean & comfortable, good service, high class eating.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil P

Namaskar !
Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. At The Lalit New Delhi it is our endeavour to cater to needs of all our guests whether they are on business or leisure.
We look forward to welcoming you back real soon

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have been staying at the Lalit for quite a while now and find that it is slowly losing its shine. The staff is great..the reception concierge services etc but small cracks are beginning to show. Still a great value and compared to what one gets for the price in the US or Europe, it is a gem. So folks, go to the Lalit now, while the going is good !

Room Tip: Make sure to ask while booking or checking that your room has a window ! I understand there are a fe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Namaskar !
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is heartening to know that our staff could meet & exceed your expectations. Yes we are a 26 year old hotel but planned & phased renovation & refurbishment is part of our daily life. Your feedback is important to us and we will expedite our efforts to take care of these little snags.
We look forward to welcoming you back