“Excellent”

Ranked #44 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Moment you enter the hotel, welcome given by the doorman, handling of the baggage, smile of the front office executive who is ready with the reservation details having assigned the room I have stayed during my last visit & handling over the keys.

Room Tip: first room on 20th floor close to elevator facing Modern School is the best room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Namaskar !

The entire team of The Lalit New Delhi joins me in gratitude to your kind words of appreciation. It is our endeavour to delight you each & every time you stay with us.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com, the next time you are in Delhi and we will ensure you have yet another memorable experience
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future

Vivek Shukla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I've ever been too! I had a lot of fun there, the food in the buffet restaurant was fresh & delicious! The best thing for an Australian was that they had Vegemite!!
The room was spacious, neat & clean. It was a shame we had to pay for the wifi though.
Above all excellent hotel and I recommend this to people traveling to Delhi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yasmeen470
Namaskar !

I would like to thank you for your extremely kind words of appreciation. Your feedback goes a long way in boosting the morale of the team of The Lalit New Delhi.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com, the next time you are in Delhi and we will ensure you have yet another fabulous experience.
I look forward to welcoming you in the near future

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel is excellent including the rooms,service and buffet restaurant! The food was fresh and plenty of it. The Room was spacious,bathroom was very clean and had everything you needed. The only inconvenience was that we had to pay for the WIFI which should of have been included in room price!!! Overall I really enjoyed my stay at Lalit and would recommend it to everyone who visits Delhi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rukhia9
Namaskar !

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about your recent stay at The Lalit New Delhi. It is indeed very heart warming to know that our efforts have made your stay memorable.
I would just like to bring to your notice that we have internet inclusive room packages that you might want to consider the next time you stay with us.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com, the next time you are in Delhi and we will ensure you have another wonderful experience

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is of the highest standard, the rooms are excellent along with the service. Everything is emasculate , with every service you need. Shame you have to pay for WIFI, but you can’t have everything!! The hotel is ideal for both business and leisure. The 24x7 buffet restaurant is excellent whether it be breakfast for dinner

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Namaskar !

Thank you for the glowing words of appreciation, we are truly humbled. I would like to bring to your kind attention that we also have internet inclusive room packages that you might want to consider on your next visit.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com, the next time you are in Delhi and we will ensure you have another great experience

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Mixed experiences here. We stayed at the begining and end of our hols. Had a lovely room at the start, lovely pool and staff. The two restaurants were excellent but totally unpromoted. I cant understand why hotels lke this that have genuniely good restaurants dont make encourange more guests into its restaurants. Our negative views are: its actually really expensive to eat in the buffet - overpriced. When we eventually found the bar, it was TWICE the price of Jaipur! However, the fnal night we stayed there, we were put into a room that was just AWFUL. It was meant to be a delux room, but it was substandard. Hubby bashed his knee trying to walk around the bed it was SO small. There was a smell there also, but we so tired and we were there so late, we just slept. We did say this on chekc out, but zero attention paid to our comments. Pity as the hotel has a lot to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Namaskar !

At the outset I would like to thank you for taking out the time and giving us your valuable feedback. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfactory experience during the second time you stayed at The Lalit New Delhi. I urge you to treat this as an anomaly and offer us another opportunity by staying with us on your next visit.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com, the next time you are in Delhi and we will ensure you have a great experience

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

It's hard to rate a 4 star: by definition the room and bathroom are good and so are the facilities. This was verified also with the Lalit, which gave us a very large room with king bed and seating area (small table) and I can confirm the rooms are perfectly sound proofed as we didn't hear anything from the popular disco that's hosted in their building. They even gave us breakfast included in our room rate, which was not in my reservation.

However, the package is not enough in these establishments: if you want a rating above average you have to show some effort, and the reception desk really lets this hotel down:
- the desk is normally manned by 3/4 people, however none of them seems to be allocated to a specific terminal, so you may be queueing at desk #2 and your man may just leave (never to return) to help his colleague at desk #3
- upon check-in it took us almost 15 minutes to reach the counter. What's unbelievable is that there was no queue. There was just an asian family checking-out, looking at a 3 page bill and counting their money. The whole of the staff was there, just looking at them, rather than starting to serve us, which were right behind. This is what I would expect in a 4 star, no matter where it's based
- upon check-out, we decided to try and explain the concept of express check-out: after breakfast we approached one of the receptionists and asked him to prepare our bill while we were coming back down with our luggage. Poor fools, when we got to reception 10 minutes later the guy had gone, no one had news of our bill and what's worse no one appreciated the mean figure they had just done. Needless to say it took another 10 minutes ("one minute m'am") to get the bill and pay: they had problem with all the printers at the desk, as clearly the three of them tried to print the bill at the same time to speed up the thing

I appreciate India may have a different approach to life, I would appreciate if a 4 star hotel could teach its staff what efficiency and sense of urgency mean though. The review is not for poor only because of the package, which was indeed quite a relief, coming from a guesthouse on the river in Varanasi ..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Namaskar !

At the outset I would like to thank you for taking out the time and giving us your valuable feedback. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfactory experience during your recent stay at The Lalit New Delhi especially at the Front Desk.
I have taken this up very seriously with the concerned Head of Department for immediate corrective action. I am hopeful you will offer us another opportunity by staying with us on your next visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have visited repeatedly this Hotel and I am much impressed with the hospitality which I have received from the Hotel staffs and homely atmosphere which starts from warming welcome. I am sure the Guests who will visit hotel The Lalit at Barakhamba near Cannaught Place, New Delhi, will surely experience the cleanliness, the prompt service and quick response by meeting the charming personalities of staffs who are always in action and quick to respond viz. Mr.Vivek Shukla, Ms.Deepmala Chaudhry, Ms. Fagun, Ms. Kirti Chauhan, Mr. Robin and so on..... Last but not the least, the Breakfast and the food, I am sure, it is one of the best quality and the same also add in the feather of success to the Lalit. Overall, I can not forget the warming and homely atmosphere which I have received in my all visits to Delhi. Surely, I always recommends The Lalit to my friends and family members because I am sure, you will also experience that its more than the money you paid to the hotel.. Wishing more success and better future ahead...

Room Tip: Select the Club rooms and if choice is available then select the Top floor rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr Kotak,
Namaskar !

Thank you for the glowing words of appreciation. It is indeed very heartwarming to know that we are your preferred choice of hotel in Delhi and that you are our Brand Ambassador!
We hope to welcome you back very soon