“some things need improvements...”

The Lalit New Delhi
Ranked #47 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
cairns
“some things need improvements...”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on my business trip. The lobby area is very relaxing with water fountain and live piano music. 24/7 restaurant is conveniently open all the time to fill my stomach.

There are some things that could be improved to better meet the expectation of travellers.

1. Bathroom
(1) The lighting is not sufficient for me to put my make-up on! Probably I looked like a person who's heading to Gala dinner rather than a business meeting...
(2) Whoever designed that bathroom should have tried to take shower him/herself. The showerhead is so strage you have to step to the far end of the booth in order to take shower. It was very uncomfortable.

2. Executive Lounge
Nice tea and cocktail time, though there was no breakfast at 8am in the morning. I was told at the reception that I could choose between 24/7 and the lounge to take my breakfast. I preferred the lounge as 24/7 is too busy. But no breakfast was served there. Why?

3. Dirty dishes
Some of the dishes were clearly dirty at 24/7 Restaurant. The servers did not even notice about it!

4. Linens
A bathrobe in my room had a hole! Bathrobes and towels looked very worn out.

5. Room temperature
Hallway is fairly warm though once step inside the room, you feel the chill. I don't understand why cleaning guys keep turning the aircon back on all the time when I intentionally turn it off when I leave the room because it is already winter and pretty cold at night.

Overally, the building is a 5-star but the service is a 3-star.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Namaskar !

I am disappointed to learn that we were not able to provide you with service that is basic to hospitality. Please accept my most sincere & profound apologies for the same. We are working on all the points including the lighting, cleanliness, linen, AC. The breakfast at Lounge has just undergone a revamp and I am hopeful that you will offer us another opportunity with your patronage.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are in Delhi and we will ensure you have a flawless experience.
In anticipation

Warmest Regards

Vivek Shukla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I arrived at the Airport to find my hotel transfer driver asleep on the sign with my name on it. The other drivers next to him woke him up for me. It would have been quite funny if you didnt consider the safety aspect of him being tired whilst driving me to my hotel. Upon checking in to my room, I noticed the wardrobe light was stuck on. I was too tired to call Reception so I just shoved towels underneath the wardrobe so it wouldnt light the room whilst I was sleeping.
In the morning, I had a shower and washed my hair only to come out and find there was no hair-dryer. I called Housekeeping and they told me where it should have been - and it wasnt. They then sent an old and melted one up to my room. I then went to iron my clothes for my meetings - no iron or ironing board. Again I rang Housekeeping and they told me where the items should have been. They eventually sent an iron up...no ironing board. They then came back with both items. By this stage I was now running late for my meetings. I went down to the restaurant fro a quick breakfast. I noticed that there were no bottles of water on the tables - I have never seen this before and this is my 3rd month long visit to India in 12 months. On the way out, I asked for a bottle of water to take my tablets with and they said that they didnt have bottled water and I had to buy it from the coffee shop! I was really amazed at this from a 5 star hotel. I then hired a hotel car and driver for the day to ferry me around the city for my meetings. The driver made the most inappropriate and offensive comment about women being safe in Delhi as long as they dressed and behaved in an appropriate manner - this was in relation to the gang crime in December 2012. When I got back to the hotel, I reported this incident and my other experiences over the last 24 hours to the Reception Manager. He said that he appreciated the feedback and told me to email him on my next stay. When I got back to my room I reported the wardrobe light and the maintenance people came and confirmed it was broken but they needed a part to fix it. I requested they disconnect it so the room would be dark when I went to sleep - which they did.I used the gym and once again noticed there were no towels or bottles of water on the cardio equipment - so the water thing must be a cost saver for them?? The only shining star of my stay was the salon/spa staff - amazing service!
Upon checkout the manager of the drivers told me that all the drivers were going through a training course on what is appropriate to say to guests - which I thought was a good outcome. The reception desk manager just smiled and said 'see you next time'. But there wont be a next time as I will definitely stay in another hotel and will be advising my staff to do the same. With a little effort, these issues could have all been avoided.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 1008 unless the problems have been rectified.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Namaskar !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere and profound apologies for the dissatisfying experience you had during your stay at The Lalit, New Delhi.
Your feedback has been shared with the concerned Head of Departments very seriously and we are trying to iron out the multiple irritants which led to a disappointing stay.
I request you to offer us another opportunity to win you back as a fan of The Lalit

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Manoj at club lounge was very much to give me a comfort zone. I was really impressed with his personal responsibilities at Lalit. I have been coming to LALIT since past 20 years and more when it was not LALIT but known ax other names. I has privileged to mr Suri many a times. The experience is overwhelming and I thin even the present staff including Manoj who used to be in bar and nor in club lounge is keeping the spirit going.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Manish A
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Namaskar!
Thank you for your kind words of appreciation towards our team member Manoj. We are indeed very proud to have him with us and your feedback motivates us all to do better.
Please write to me vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are in Delhi and we will ensure you have a great experience yet again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I checked the reviews of the hotel for a last minute trip with my mother to Delhi. Decided to book the hotel for the 2 of us. It turned out that my father accompanied us and when we reached the hotel the staff was kind enough to accommodate us without any additional charges. The stay was very pleasant with an extremely courteous staff. Clean rooms; however, the a/c wouldn't stop and it was freezing in our room. The breakfast was sumptuous.
Although the staff was very nice i had a very unpleasant and racist experience while getting breakfast in the morning. The remarks made me so angry and upset that i was trembling. I told the manager and a few people apologized to me and my family. It could have been dealt better than that.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade once you reach or perhaps for some discount vouchers for the spa. Also, ask for a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Namaskar !
I would like to thank you for taking out the time and giving us your feedback. It is feedback like yours which help us improve and grow. Your overall wonderfull experience was marred by one incident which was taken up very seriously with the concerned team member. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same. We are an Indian chain of Hotels and very proud of our origin, and treat all our guests in the same professional manner.
I hope you will treat this incident in isolation and offer us another opportunity to serve you better
Please write to me vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are coming to Delhi and we will ensure you have a flawless experience

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My friends recommended the Lalit Delhi and I really appreciate it because it was my firs trip to India. The staff was very friendly, the hotel have a good location, breakfast is delicious. My stay coincided with diwali they sent sweets, The massages are excellent,. Wifi should be included.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Clara16Patricia
Namaskar !
I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. The team at The Lalit, New Delhi joins me in taking a bow. We promise to provide you with a flawless experience everytime and your kind words go a long way in boosting the morale of the team.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are coming to Delhi and we will WOW you once again !

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is really top quality. The rooms, breakfast, checkin, staff are all excellent. We checked in at 9:30 am and no probs, room was ready. Asked for a 3:30 pm check out, again no probs. The bed was fantastic. But they charge Rs 300 per hour of wifi. Why I ask? Especially when club/executive suite customers get free tea and snacks at 3:30 pm and free alcoholic drinks (excellent smirnoffs, beers, whiskeys and anything else you wish) and excellent finger food at 6:30 pm. Dharam and Wasim who run this affair on the 20th floor are great hosts and bring drinks refills to the table. The food is also extremely good. This must cost the hotel quite a packet so to charge for wifi seems churlish. Loved the hotel and will definitely go back. One other gripe...you need to leave more toilet paper..!! The supplied roll is tiny and definitely insufficient

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Namaskar !
Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. The team at The Lalit, New Delhi works tirelessly to ensure esteemed guests like yourself have a flawless stay!
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are in Delhi and we will ensure you have a fantastic experience yet again.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future

Paris, France
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at the Lalit Delhi twice, for several days each time, in late Oct 2013, on business travel. It was a most unpleasant experience. Going by the front desk for anything takes a minimum of 20 minutes. EVERYTHING is billed (50 rupies for a one page print out, 200 rupies for an hour of WIFI connection), even though the room rate is already very high. Service is poor, and the attitude of management is rude and uncaring (especially towards women travelling alone). The porters and wait staff are nice and try to be helpful, but they cannot make up for the negative management. Rooms are dirty (black water marks dried on the back of the bathroom door, stains on the floor, nuts and random food scraps on the bedroom floor at check-in...). Room service is hit-or-miss (50 percent chance of getting what you ordered) and the "Instant Service" button on the phone is a poor joke. On the bright side, the spa is wonderful, and the esthéticiens are expert and efficient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Martha H
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Ma'am,
Namaskar !

At the outset, i would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had at The Lalit, New Delhi.
It is indeed very shocking for us that such a treatment was meted out to you. Our Indian culture teaches us to treat women with respect and we take pride in the fact that our top leadership consists of very dynamic ladies.
I request you to treat this incident in isolation. Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are coming to Delhi and we will ensure that you have a wonderful experience.
In anticipation