HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION POSSIBLE. The best hotel experience I've ever had. And, despite the fact that I've stayed at many glorious hotels around the world (including the Taj), saying as much still feels like an understatement.
IN BRIEF: For those just scanning these reviews, let me start off with a quick summary. For details as to each of these three points, see the sections below. (1) The rooms are incredible: stylish and modern yet cozy and comfortable. (2.) The customer service is so outstanding that the Lalit has created a new precedent; they are in a league all their own. (3.) The pricing tiers for rooms at the Lalit are definitely low relative to other hotels with such knock out rooms. If you want a great room at a good price, you CANNOT beat Lalit. That is not to say that you cannot end up spending a considerable amount more than your base room rate at the Lalit (see cost vs. value below). But additional costs for additional amenities is optional and a stay at the Lalit without any of these add-ons is still nothing short of fantastic.
Here are the details as to why the Lalit far and away surpasses all others:
• THE ROOMS—the Lalit offers incredible rooms with just the right mix of modern style and comfort. The rooms are compact but rich: the glass walled bathtub, the giant flatscreen HD tv, the rain shower, the insanely comfy bedding, the JBL sound system, the ethernet port, the oversized chairs and little table, the mini-bar, the hidden-wall closet w/ laundry service & iron, the 24-hour hot water… NOTHING is left wanting in these rooms. And the view! My fiancée and I requested a high floor with a view of Connaught Place and were given a room on the 22nd floor with an incredible view at no extra charge. We had a fantastic and romantic weekend at the Lalit in no small part owing to the room itself. Check out their website for 360º panoramic views of the rooms.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE—I have never in my life seen such outstanding customer service. I have stayed at plenty of upscale hotels, B&B's, etc. in the USA and the customer service is usually just fine. But the Lalit sets a whole new standard. We were picked up from the airport by chauffeur AND a hotel manager who were not only there to greet us despite the fact that our flight arrived 40 mins early, but also took over all bag-handling duties, put us in a beautiful, quiet, frosty cold (we arrived in the Delhi summer heat) luxury car with bottled water and snacks awaiting each of us in the back seats. They told us about Delhi, the weather, etc. and took us on a brief detour (after asking first, of course) of Parliament and the presidential palace which are very close to the hotel itself. Upon arriving, the manager escorted us to the front desk and took care of check in for us while a small army of bellhops wrangled our bags up to our room. The manager personally introduced us to the concierge and apprised us of the various services the concierge could offer (all free of charge). At every turn, from the doorman to the wait staff at the restaurants, to the operator and room service the ENTIRE STAFF at the Lalit were gracious, smiling, and eager to help without being overbearing, intrusive, or annoying. Everything above was plenty enough for me to put the Lalit in a class of its own. But, there was one thing that topped it all. For the THE ULTIMATE moment in other worldly customer service, see the * below.
• THE HOTEL—Though not much to look at from the outside, don't let the facade fool you. The Lalit, in addition to featuring everything you could want in an upscale hotel is also just downright beautiful on the inside. As to features, there is nothing lacking—a spa; a fitness center w/ new up-to-date machines and gear; a business center; a rooftop pool (only outdoor heated pool in New Delhi) w/ oversized towels, large and comfortable cushioned lounge chairs (including some floating ones anchored in a row along a 1 ft. deep shelf on one side of the pool!), a private-club style (warm woods and carpeting) locker room w/ showers; several restaurants; a bar w/ great ambiance; gift and goods shops; and one of the most famous night clubs in New Delhi (unobtrusively located underground and away from the rooms; we would've never known it was there if the staff hadn't told us about it). In addition to all these offerings, the Lalit is a gorgeous hotel whose beautifully structured interior (layered layouts w/ balconies and glass elevators, etc.) is accented with an impressive collection of exquisite modern art (much of it with classic Indian themes). Indeed, the hotel features an art gallery across from the spa. Finally, the location is hard to beat. Close to the metro, right next to Connaught Place, centrally located. Oh, and don't miss the Sikh temple located just off of Hanuman Rd. near the YMCA; amazing.
• COST & VALUE—The pricing tiers for rooms at the Lalit are rather low relative to other hotels of similar calibre. The difference is, with the Lalit you get knock-out rooms. If you want a great room at a good price, you CANNOT beat Lalit. HOWEVER, that is not to say that you cannot end up spending a considerable amount more than your base room rate at the Lalit. The mini-bar items are expensive as are the restaurants and room service. The airport pick-up service was costly and the WI-FI is wildly overpriced; the one truly outrageous cost in the hotel. (The spa services are actually lower than most I've seen in India at posh hotels.) BUT, I must say that cost versus value for most things at the Lalit is right on par. The airport pickup service was so amazing and our journey through Delhi so enjoyable that we underpaid if anything. The mini-bar features top quality name-brand imported goods. The chocolate was German and orgasmically delicious. The red wine was an Australian shiraz with perfect balance and tones. The restaurants and bar are overpriced but the complimentary breakfast was astonishing in magnitude of selection and nothing short of delicious. The point is this: you get so much for your money without the add-ons. These options are there if you want them but your stay is not diminished without them. The spa is affordable, the pool, art gallery, and fitness center, cable television, hot bath, view, and awesome customer service are included in the base room rate. If you are trying to maintain a stricter budget, then simply don't partake of the mini-bar, the airport pick-up service, or room service. Connaught Place, the biggest shopping district in New Delhi is an easy walk from the hotel. You can get any kind of restaurant, street food, internet cafe, night life, bar, etc. you want there. I think Lalit did it right by keeping their base rates low and allowing you to choose which amenities you'd like to add for an upcharge.
* THE ULTIMATE moment in customer service came when we mentioned a certain debacle to the manager during our trip from the airport to the Lalit. A travel pouch containing my ID, bankcards, and $55 in American cash had been confiscated at the security checkpoint of the airport we had departed from in coming to New Delhi. The airline handled the debacle extremely well, sending an employ straight to the security checkpoint to investigate the whereabouts of the pouch (security had thus far insisted that they did not have the pouch). The employee found the pouch and entrusted it to the crew of the very next flight to New Delhi (thanks Spice Jet, you saved me from a nightmare!). So that we might get our romantic weekend underway and not have to bother with returning to the airport, finding and meeting up with the Spice Jet crew, etc. the Lalit sent a representative for us! He arrived early, waited for several hours, contacted the Spice Jet ticket counter, customer service, and lost baggage to make sure he would be able to get the pouch if it was sent to any of these locations. Despite the late hour, the Lalit representative came back to the Lalit straight away and personally returned the pouch to me. All cash, ID, and bank cards were in place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The LaLiT Hotels in Delhi, one of the best luxury hotels in Delhi India, stands tall right in the middle of city’s premier business and commercial district – Connaught Place. Being the central luxury business hotel in Delhi, it is located right next to lively shopping centres, office complexes and colourful streets, the hotel is 24 kms from the international airport and just minutes away from government offices, cultural centres and international trade fairgrounds. With the largest room sizes amongst all luxury hotels Delhi, The LaLiT New Delhi offers a total of 461 five star hotel rooms. The bedrooms are all well tailored to the needs of both a business traveler as well as a vacationer and accompanied by hotels modern amenities and elegant decor. Guests at our luxury hotels, have an option of choosing from a Deluxe Rooms, LaLiT Luxury Rooms and the suites. Serving cuisines from both the world of east and west, The LaLiT, hotels New Delhi offers four fine dining restaurants serving food to suit all types of palate. For those enjoying traditional Oriental food, The Woks serve authentic Oriental food while The Grill serves European food. And if guests want to taste food prepared in the traditional Indian way, we invite them to try our Indian cuisine at Baluchi while our multi-cuisine restaurant and Bar – 24/7 is the best place for guests who enjoy food while also interacting with chefs of the restaurant. At 24/7 guests have an option of choosing variety of food at the buffet or being selective through the elaborate a-la-carte menu. At The LaLiT, luxury hotel Delhi, guests can be at comfort both at work as well as leisure. Ideal for all types of events, The LaLiT New Delhi offers a total of six banquet hall. Guests can organize all types of events with us - from small top-notch corporate events to private party events and from big conference meeting to huge wedding ceremony. Enough to accommodate upto 800 people, hotels' banquet facilities are added advantage amongst all hotels in Delhi. So whether the event is corporate or if it is a planning a wedding at hotels, The LaLiT New Delhi hotels offers just the right kind of banquets and meeting space for the hotels in New Delhi. Other world class hotel facilities at this 5 star luxury hotels Delhi include 24 hour Business Centre, Hotels Concierge Desk, Foreign Exchange, Limousine Service, 24 hour In-room Dining, Laundry Service, Valet Car Parking, Shopping Arcade, Doctor on Call, Rejuve – The Spa and a well equipped Gymnasium so that the business traveler feels more productive and rejuvenated. At Connaught Place, the center of the city - is The LaLiT New Delhi - an 18 story edifice with easy access to the city’s commercial complexes, conference centers, shopping hubs and historic sights. Wonderful interiors, immaculate service and fine cuisine combine to make The LaiLiT New Delhi is an eventful address of the city. Amongst other five star hotels Delhi this luxury hotel is within close proximity to historical landmarks like India Gate, Jama Masjid and Red Fort. Located at the city center, The Lalit New Delhi is just 35 minute drive from the airport and is merely 5 minute from the railway station. The city is well connected through air and rail links apart from two of the national highways which connect New Delhi to all the major cities in the country. The Hotel is also 10 minute drive from the trade fair ground and merely 15 minute drive from several embassies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lalit New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit New Delhi
- Hotel The Lalit Delhi
- Lalit Intercontinental Hotel
- Intercontinental Lalit Hotel
- The Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit Hotels Delhi
- Hotel The Lalit New Delhi
- Intercontinental Grand New Delhi