“great value for money”

The Lalit New Delhi
Ranked #35 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed July 25, 2013

my most preferred hotel in delhi. great hospitality with traditional and genuine namaskar by every staff member. nice spacious clean rooms. great choice of foods served in different restaurants. i love balluchi and woks on rooftop.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Namaskar !

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us at The LaLiT New Delhi, India.

Your kind words of appreciation about the various hotel services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.

Please write me a mail at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are visiting New Delhi so that we can really look after you well.

We look forward to your support and patronage to The LaLiT New Delhi and also welcome you back to your home.

Vivek Shukla

Write a ReviewReviews (4,215)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is one of the best properties we have stayed on. Starting from the check-in process to friendly bell boys to spick & span clean room to hotel ambience.... every thing was amazing. The breakfast had mind blowing variety of international dishes.

Would rank it as one of the best hotel experiences in New Delhi. 5/5 all the way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Siddharth_Balasaria

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the Lalit on the 16th and 17th of July when I visited Delhi for business. I really liked the helpfulness of the front desk executive. The meeting rooms were at the basement so there was an issue with getting mobile phone signals, but in a way it was good since we could work on without any disturbance. My room was on the 25th floor. It had a great view of the Connaught Place, and the round structure of the shops nearby looked magnificient from the height.

The 24*7 coffee shop is good and so is room service. Specially liked the grilled club sandwiches.It has a happening nightclub called Kitty Su. The best advantage with this hotel is its proximity to almost everything. It is only about half an hour's drive from Terminal 1D and about 45mts away from T3. The railway station is just a stone's throw from here.

In the evenings, one can walk down to the Bengali market for sweets, chaats or shopping. The shops of Connaught place and Palika Bazar are also not very far from here.

Usually my mornings are busy with catching up on emails, taking business calls etc. In the past, hotels like ITC and Taj have brought me up some food from the breakfast buffet on request. However, when I placed a request, Lalit was unable to help. I had to literally hurry down to grab some food before running in for my first meeting of the day.

We were dropped back to the airport by a driver (I think his name was Makhan Singh) who had just won an award for best customer service. Well that was great...however, he was going for an overkill. When we reached the airport, we were in a hurry to check in. However, he would not allow us to get off the car till such time we were met by the Lalit airport manager. Twice when my colleague tried to open the passenger door, he shut it right back, which was extremely annoying. We had no business with the airport manager and were keen on checking in on time...so much so for customer service!!!

Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Namaskar !

We have also noted your feedback with regards to the breakfast and driver issue and the same has been taken up with the concerned head of departments for immediate corrective action. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our room was in the corner of the hotel with very limited light coming in. The bedsheets were stained and the bathroom had not been cleaned properly. There is a £10 charge for internet which rarely works.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Bhav M

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to Housekeeping services.

This incident is unfortunate and regrettable and we understand the anguish and dissatisfaction experienced by you.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

I hope to welcome you back to The LaLit New Delhi in near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the nights of 25 and 26 june 2013. The hotel is just an average five star hotel nothing to boast off much. I had booked my room through their website and upon check in time the receptionist asked for deposit about 25% more than the room tariff, when i asked her to charge only the room tariff and extras will be paid upon check out , she was very confused and said its their policy to hold and amount over and above room tariif which i failed to understand ,asif i was running away without making payment.
i asked if my driver can be accomodated in any dormatiory, her reply was no five star hotel in delhi offers dormaitory to drivers, as if i have never stayed in a five star earlier.

The room allotteed to me was on 12 th floor and was stinking with a bad view from window , i asked for change of room , her reply was i will come to room and see to myself and if am satisfied that there is smell only then room will be changed, its only after that i told her that will speak to your General Manager she shifted me to better room on higher floor with pool view.

Room service is slow and my order took more than 40 minutes. Service was too slow in their restaurant baluchi,where i had.
my dinner on the first day, after this i did not had any food in the hotel.

i recall my stays in the hotel when Mr. suri was alive the standard has gone far below now.

The only plus point of this hotel is this that it is centrally located near bengali marked and cp. As many options available in delhi, i will prefer to stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: on upper floors rooms are renovated and good
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank amitpartap

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to the Hotel services.

Please accept our most sincere and profound apologies for the annoying and dissatisfying experience caused to you. The feedback has been taken up strongly with the concerned head of departments for immediate corrective action.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance we look forward to working towards regaining your faith and confidence in our brand.

I hope to welcome you back to The LaLit New Delhi in near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

After staying here last year there was no doubt for me and my family to choose the lalit again for our stay. It's a great hotel in a great central location, kids love the pool (open till 22:00 so you can finish your day there). Hotel is always busy but you don't feel the crowd and the service is personal and excellent. Ask for upper floors room facing south-they have wonderful views.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Courteous reception at the entry, warm welcome at the reception easy and hassle free check-in and escorted to the room with a smile. A breathtaking clear view of most of the delhis prime buildings with a mix of very old and the latest and the main avenues of the heart of the capital city. The room is very carefully equipped to take care of all possible personal needs with a choice selection of tea/coffee and a fully stacked bar and complimentary plate of fruits and choclates. There is provision also of a weighing machine for checking levels of fitness after a swim or workout at the gym with latest gadgets.
When i walked into the lounge the ambience was very good and the design of the spacious contours was very soothing, but the warm and sincere greetings of Manoj was the most relaxing. Excellent care was taken by him to ensure that i had a great evening and it was almost unbelievable the way he would anticipate my requirement along with his great tips on what would be the best selection. He also displayed a keen intelligence and a wide understanding of the world much in advance of his years in the limited conversation we had on my prompting as he did not want to intrude on my privacy . The genuine concern of Manoj for my comfort made my evening a very memorable one and was a major reason for making my stay at the hotel a very pleasant one.

Room Tip: Try to pick the highest floor over looking the swimming pool side as they have an amazing view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Namaskar !

Your kind words of appreciation about the various hotel services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team especially Manoj to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.