“Luxury in the heart of Delhi”

The Lalit New Delhi
Ranked #44 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Chandigarh, India
“Luxury in the heart of Delhi”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had opportunity to stay Hotel Lalit,Rajiv Gandhi Chowk,N Delhi.The hotel has great ambience,facade and lobby.The rooms too are well done up.The service and catering standards are commensurate with five star facilities

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
TheLalit, Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Namaskar from the Lalit Hotel New Delhi!

On behalf of our entire staff here at The Lalit we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

New Delhi - 110 001, India

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Croatia
Reviewed December 11, 2011

When you are welcomed with such arrogant and unfriendly attitude by reception staff it is hard to forget this and to be objective to writte a rewiew.
Behaviour of the hotel staff is definitely one of the most important things which make your stay enjoyable.
Location of the hotel is central, easy acces to most sites by car.
Rooms were modern, sufficent in size and equipment, comfortable. Windows can not open! Cleaning of the windows which are teribble dirty would help a bit to have a better views. Lower floor which we were assigned at arrival would give you a view on the wall and terrace above wich was full of pigeon dirt. They changed the rooms without problems, it was no option for us to sleep there.
Noice was not a problem for us. But yes, you can hear the trains and a street noice even on the higher floors on that side of the hotel.
Breakfast was nice, service good.
Would I come back? No. Not even for the lower prices they offer compared with other city hotels of a same class.

Room Tip: High floor, pool side. Noice on the other side.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sanja B
Dear Guest,
Namaskar from the lalit Hotel New Delhi!

On behalf of our entire staff here at The Lalit we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We appreciate the feedback and, as a good will gesture, we wish to offer you a complimentary upgrade of your room type and a dinner experience at our fine dining Indian restaurant - Baluchi for yourself, during your next stay with us.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further with me, please don't hesitate to call me at the phone number listed below.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed at the Lalit for one night as I was en route from Delhi to another city. The Hotel's driver was at the airport waiting for me, even though my flight got in almost an hour early. Right from the driver on, I had a great experience. He was a great guy and he let me use his cell phone so that I could call up my family members in Delhi to let them know that I was on my way to the Hotel, where we could meet. The car was really nice and I was welcomed with mineral water and a cold towel. The drive into the city took about 40 minutes at night. The location is great as it is right in Connaught Place. The Hotel itself looks quite huge and impressive from the outside. I was slightly amazed by the security protocol at the Hotel - the car was thoroughly checked before we were let in, even though it was the Hotel's car! Once inside, check-in was really smooth and fast, as they had been informed by their driver that I was on the way. I love it, when they are ready for you :).
Now for the room - the room was one the bigger side with 2 queen sized beds which were VERY comfortable. The bathroom was nicely appointed as well. There was a big writing desk as well as couches and a coffee table. I had 5 guests visit me and there was plenty of room for us all to hang out. They also had complimentary fruit, water and chocolates :). I ordered room service for dinner and the Kati rolls were absolutely fantastic. I slept really well. In the morning we ordered room service for breakfast and had good variety. I did also peep into the breakfast buffet as I was checking out. My room had come with the breakfast buffet, so I grabbed some pastries for the road. On my way back to the airport, I mentioned to the driver that I forgot to pick up some Indian sweets on this trip. He made a nice little pitstop on the way to the airport, where I was able to pick up a few pounds of hgih quality sweetmeats. All in all the whole stay was fabulous. The service and the people I met were absolutely great. I like that I had a 5 star experience without all the pretension and hoity-toityness that many other luxury Hotels in India can have.
I will certainly be back...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
dudyan, Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
Dear Tripadvisor member

At the outset I would like to thank you for your recent stay at The LaLiT New Delhi. I am glad to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and found our services measuring up to your satisfaction.

Chennai
Reviewed November 28, 2011

stayed in the lalit for a week in oct 2011 on a business trip, my experiences
Sleep - as the room i had overlooked a train station was woken up everymorning at abt 4.30 am thanks to the trains that pass by.
room service - overpriced and terrible food, while the chinese restaurant on the roof is worth a mention for its good food. also the break fast buffet had a good spread
service in general-
at check in and check out - terrible - i was told my room would be ready in 5 mins ...took abt 30 mins to get a room
the hotel blocked my credit card for 110% of the room tarriff upfront and when a colleague (that i was paying for) checked out for a night in the middle they refused to unblock my card instead swiped my card for her room rent in addition to the already blocked amount.
at the breakfast table had to ask atleast 5 hotel staff before they could show me where the tomato ketchup waas available!!!
not staying at this property again if i can help it.

Room Tip: dont stay here.... but if u have too request for a room far away from teh station
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank amniktalwar
Namaskar from the lalit Hotel New Delhi!

On behalf of our entire staff here at The Lalit we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We appreciate the feedback and, as a good will gesture, we wish to offer you with a complimentary Upgrade of your roomtype durig your next stay with us.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stayed here last week on an official trip. My secy made a reservation for me on a breakfast inclusive rate. I normally travel to delhi and have stayed in almost all five star hotels in delhi but this one has been the best hotel. Rooms are modern and comfortably designed. I had my meals at coffee shop & indian restaurant at it was simply sumptuous. Hotel is located in the middle of the city and close to all the embassies.

Room Tip: Great hotel for business travelers.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
dudyan, Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Dear Mr. Sanglikar,

Siliguri, India
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The LaLiT Hotels in Delhi , one of the best luxury hotels in Delhi India, stands tall right in the middle of city’s premier business and commercial district – Connaught Place. Being the central luxury business hotel in Delhi, it is located right next to lively shopping centres, office complexes and colourful streets, the hotel is 24 kms from the international airport and just minutes away from government offices, cultural centres and international trade fair grounds.

The LaLiT New Delhi offers a diverse dining experience through its 5 star restaurants serving a variety of delectable cuisines ranging from Chinese to Continental. The menu at all the restaurants is carefully designed by our master chefs such that these best restaurants can offer best dining experience to our guests.

Guests have an option of dining at The Grill, serving continental food while Woks catering to the Chinese palate. And for guests who would like to be introduced to the true Indian cuisine, we welcome them to Baluchi. However, for those who like to taste food from different cuisines – 24/7 Restaurant and Bar. Guests can also enjoy the luxury of their favorite drink/ cocktail at any time of the day or even night at our 24/7 Bar.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

North West
Reviewed November 20, 2011

It is only when we got to our room that we realised there was a huge difference between the public areas and the rooms.

On entering the reception area, we were impressed, however in comparison, our room was lack lustre and in need of some tlc. In addition the room had a very musty smell, and we could hear noise from other guests and the nearby railway station all night, so did not sleep well at all.

We only stayed for one night so did not have the opportunity to use many of the facilities, just a quick drink in the bar. This was VERY expensive.

Would I recommend this hotel? No.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelaholic_8
Dear Tripadvisor member,

Firstly please accept our sincere apologies for inconvenience caused during your stay. It is the feedback from our esteemed guests that helps us improve our procedures. It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments and will ensure that we do everything posible to make sure that every guest finds The Lalit , thier home in Delhi. We at the Lalit Suri Hospitality Group take great care that our esteemed guest don't face any inconvenience.

If you have any further queries, please contact us on newdelhi@thelalit.com

Looking forward to welcoming you back.