“Best place we've stayed in an Indian city”
Review of Tatvamasi Homestay

Tatvamasi Homestay
Ranked #1 of 1,062 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Almora
“Best place we've stayed in an Indian city”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Many Indians providing services to guests recite the mantra of "Guest is God" then you treat you like anything but. Pankaj is the opposite, he lives "Guest is God" without saying it. The two major problems with accomodation in India are cleanliness and quality of service, not a problem here. Its where we'll be staying when we return to Delhi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jesse798
anandabandb, Owner at Tatvamasi Homestay, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you !! see u soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My 7 year old son and myself stayed at Ananda BnB for 6 nights.
1) It's the cleanest room I have come acrossed in the whole of north India
2) the room charge is super cheap compared to other hotels in the vicinity
3) the owner and his staff are very hospitable and provided us lots of assistance and information which saved me tons of rupees
4) cable tv and wifi worked beautifully
Overall I tremendously love this place and would be my first choice whenever I am in Delhi!

• Stayed May 2013
anandabandb, Owner at Tatvamasi Homestay, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks Maam. It was great to have you with us. See you again !!
Leeds, England
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days and found the rooms very clean, the owner was very helpful. We were very close to all the amenities of central Delhi therefore found this place to be value For money. Overall we would recommend this place to anyone and had a very comfortable stay. Can't wait to go back on our next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
anandabandb, Owner at Tatvamasi Homestay, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thanks a ton. I had a great time conversing with Sunnyji.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I spend a bit of time passing through Delhi on business and have begun to think of Ananda bed and breakfast as my happy base in the city. I also recommend this to friends and clients whose reviews you see on this site. I totally recommend this as a safe, friendly and comfortable stay for women traveling alone in Delhi. Pankaj is a wonderful host and his staff go beyond the call of duty!
I like this place because I can walk to nearby restaurants, its safe to move around at night, there are some great beauty parlours in the same shopping area.

Room Tip: In summer ask for a room that does not face the sun
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
anandabandb, Owner at Tatvamasi Homestay, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you. I learn so much about my business talking to you.
Jaipur, India
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at Ananda Bed and Breakfast for one day and one night, and it was nothing less than luxury at an affordable price.
The room was big and clean with a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom and a bigger than expected size TV with DTH.
The Air Conditioner and internet worked just fine.
The owner - Mr Bajaj- is a very courteous person and would not shy away from making you comfortable or giving away directions and information about Delhi.
The place is located near a park and away from the hustle of the city. Nehru place is just 2.5 KM away and Greater Kailash is 10 mins walk.
it is safe as well!

although they do not serve any breakfast or lunch, there are so many places close by where you can go and eat .. they even have a a file full of restaurants that will deliver almost any cuisine at your doorstep! If you want a 'dabba' sort of arrangement, they have that too!!

I throughly enjoyed the stay at Ananda Bed and Breakfast and would recommend it to anyone who wants a comfortable stay at an affordable price, so close to above mentioned business centers... Home away from home I would say!
But if you are looking for something fancy and a room service every 15 minutes, go look someplace else!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
anandabandb, Owner at Tatvamasi Homestay, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you Himanshuji.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were Delhi on two previous occasions and in 3 different places, I did not look forward to staying in Delhi again as the stays were far from memorable though the accommodations were not in the budget category.
After some careful consideration we considered Ananda B&B for our third trip from references and value for money. We had a little one undergoing medical treatment at Nutech Mediworld Greenpark and for a big family (the support group) from south India Pankaj's offering seem to be perfect, and by any standard it has by far exceeded my expectations. I was a bit apprehensive but all fears... were just fears. For once we had found a gem of a place. If I were to come again to Delhi this would be the place I’d want to stay and I’d recommend it to anyone.
We were very comfortable and well looked after during our 4 week stay. Pankaj is great host and one has the feeling that you are at your own home. The in-house amenities, locality, proximity to parks, markets, eateries/restaurants and temples makes it a perfect choice for families. The only thing one can accuse Mr Pankaj is for being too helpful and I mean that in a good way. Keep up the good work Mr. Pankaj. Delhi is not an easy place to negotiate and not having to worry about the place of stay simply bought a nice sense of semblance to our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
anandabandb, Owner at Tatvamasi Homestay, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks for such a gracious review.
Vasco da Gama, India
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had stayed earlier at Ananda B&B, but this time (17-21 Mar'13) it was for 4 nights in a row, so I had a chance to really experience the stay. It was excellent. The room furnishings, the facilities and most of all, the hospitality of the host (I prefer that term to 'owner') was something to be savoured. All in all a very comfortable stay and full value for money. Fully recommended to all seeking a great place to stay in Delhi.

Bhaskar Sikder, Goa

Room Tip: To get the front rooms on the first and/or second floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 354baski
Thanks Sir & many thanks for the intelligent conversations full of wisdom.