I would have given a very good review for this budget hotel if it weren't for their train ticket scam. So first the good, then the bad:
1. Room: Our room was clean and quite spacious, and the shower worked well. For just over Rs. 2000 a night, this was a great deal in Delhi. The Indian breakfast was hot and delicious. Location was just steps away from the Karol Bagh market and the metro, yet it wasn't very noisy (by Delhi standards).
2. Airport pickup: my emails for the pickup were promptly replied and the pickup went well. However, I assumed the pickup was free since my room was called "deluxe airport pickup room". We were charged Rs. 450. This is actually a very fair price compared to taking a cab, but the room name was misleading and this cost was never mentioned anywhere in their emails. We can live with this though.
3. The SCAM: the morning after we arrived, a young man working at hotel told us we must check our train tickets, since the web site we bought them from (Cleartrip) has been having errors. This was all done in front of the hotel owner, who said nothing. The young man took us to a "travel agency", where the agent phoned "Indian Railways" and then told us our tickets are not valid. The agent then tried to sell us a costly car trip. This didn't feel right so we turned them down. Later we saw that they also tried this with other foreign tourists who stayed there. The owner must be well aware of it.
Bottom line is: this isn't a smart way of doing business. Good budget hotels in Delhi are not easy to find, so the hotel would do much better to gather good reviews with the nice rooms they already have, rather than turning people off with obvious scams. We felt uncomfortable afterwards and cancelled our later bookings with them. What a pity since the rooms and most of the staff were nice.
If you are on a budget, this place is still an excellent deal. Just avoid the scams.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and clean BnB in city centre ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.