“Angel of Delhi”

Ranked #314 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Angel of Delhi”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Early check in was no problem at all. We booked this hotel for the close commuter connections (trains) it has although it turned out we needed the nightbus to get to Haridwar and not the train as they were all full over Easter weekend. No bother.
For budget travel in India this hotel is fine in terms of comfy bed, hot and new shower, mossie free etc etc..... the reception area and dining rooms are being re-vamped but they ordered us a delicious take away. Also, we were in Delhi which we were learning did not have many English speaking people. Luckily for us Jalbot at the hotel did speak English and was VERY kind...he helped us to book our bus tickets and a taxi and even offered the driver his number just in case there was confusion at the bus station - which there was.....he gave us advise about how to travel around the country and on tipping and how to handle certain situations but he took no money for all this wonderful assistance and advise. Also we had a great laugh with the guys who work at the hotel despite the language barrier. They were teaching us hindi and we taught them some English. A smile and a bit of positivity go a long way! Many travellers would do well to open their eyes whilst their on the road instead of expect senspa creature comforts for (in truth) shoestring costs.
Thank you Jalbot for helping us to make our way forward on a journey which went round India and ended in Goa. Without you I don't think we'd have started it! Thank you and good luck with your business :)

Room Tip: Ask for the best available!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nataliastefanos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Granville Ferry, Nova Scotia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 nights at the start of a business trip to India, so we could have a day to acclimatize. Things started off badly when the car we had arranged for (through hotel) was an hour late picking us up at the airport, and required 2 phone calls by helpful MakeMyTrip staffer before it materialized. After what seemed like an hour long drive we pulled up to the hotel by the side of a highway construction site and surrounded by.....nothing! Two young men greeted us, made us fill out a book-length registration form and finally showed us to our room: large, windowless, visibly dirty. By now it was 11 pm and we were ravenous. Could we get some food? Yes ma'am seemed to be the answer to everything, and a crumpled menu was produced. We ordered dal and rice which did indeed appear at 12:30 am. The next morning we went downstairs looking for breakfast and the advertised Wi-fi. There was an empty hall where staff apparently slept but no sign of tables, chairs, coffee urn, anything resembling a dining room or any other guests. The two young men appeared again to say that breakfast was to be served in the room. Then there was the confusion over the Internet password; was it mr. Dimpy or just Dimpy or Dimpy1011? This required a phone call to someone who spoke English. The two young men tried hard to help, but the language barrier proved unsurmountable. When we finally got it sorted, we booked another hotel, swallowed the cost of a second night at the Royal Mirage, and beat a hasty retreat. Agoda please review this hotel again, it is not for non-Hindi speakers, nor for India newbies!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank tileduck
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed March 20, 2013

this place is really value for money, rooms are nice, comfortable and clean with clean bathroom, hotel staff is very helpfuland always has a pleasant smile on there face, i have a wonderful experience there , i will recommend this place

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank arron r
Reviewed March 18, 2013

For the price I think there should be better hotels closer to the center of town. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere.

A number of issues with my stay:
Toilet paper: They left me with about 10 squares. On asking for another roll they provided me one but it was filthy.
Cleanliness: There are noticeable stains, dark marks and long hairs on the bed (pictures attached). Walls are marked. There was an ash tray in my non-smoking room.
TV remote: didn't work.
Safety: Fire exit is locked.
Food: breakfast took 45 minutes for an "omelette toast".
High speed internet: It's actually a wifi dongle. And it wasn't available in the morning.
Staff: most don't speak English. In fact from what I can make out. Only the one fellow spoke English.
Location: middle of no where. The market that is close to the hotel is for produce. Nothing that tourists would find particularly useful.

Would I stay there again? No chance in hell.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BlueChan
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was a wonderful experience to stay at hotel Royal Mirage. It really a value for money. I felt hotel staff gives a personal attention to all the guests. Ambiance of the hotel is good including rooms. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. The service was quick. Overall its a good hotel at less rates.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank sapchd
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am Nisha Sarna, visited Royal Mirage a month before and had a wonderful experience. I had been dere for one of my friends marriage and enjoyed a lot with commendable services given by the Hotel staff. All the rooms were very clean and a they had a good staff too. Thanks for everything you provided us during our stay.

Room Tip: There rooms are very clean, so you can book anyone.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NishaSarna
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I came to delhi for a short visit to spend some time with my friends and one of them recommended this hotel to me. I decided to book it and I must say it was a good decision. The check-in was an easy and quick affair. The staff were eager and helpful, always with a smile on their faces. The rooms were clean, fresh and comfortable. The over all environment was one of warmth and friendly. The room service is good. I even enjoyed the two meals I ordered in during my stay. The prices of this hotel are definitely a catch. Moreover, their transport arrangement is fab. They are also very astute in catering to their clients in a special manner. I like flowers and always found a new arrangement in my room for the 2 days that I was there. Their hospitality and consideration gave me good memories and an A for customer satisfaction!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends