“Dehli's best kept secret” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Srivastav Inn

Srivastav Inn
Ranked #249 of 1,049 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Dehli's best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Arriving at Srivastav Inn after dealing with the mayhem that is Delhi is like reaching an oasis of peace and tranquility. The warm welcome continues during one's stay as Sigrun and her daughter ensure your every need is met and all your questions answered. There is a small market within walking distance with a couple of restaurants and many other eating establishments only just a little further away, or if you prefer you can have food delievered to the door. The bedrooms are spacious, the bathrooms spotless and the communal living area extremely comfortable. I cannot wait to return next month when the weather will be cooler and I will be able to enjoy breakfast on the balcony.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jo W
SrivastavINN, Owner at Srivastav Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review Jo. We are looking forward to seeing you again in November. Wishing you all the best with the workshop. Coralie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great location, great hosts,I stayed at SrivastavINN for 5 nights, in a very spacious and comfortable room.The house is very clean, there is fresh breakfast made everyday by a grt cook.Hosts were very helpful, and informative abut anything I needed to know to get around in Delhi. The location is very easy to find. Its situated in a very posh area of Delhi, with an amazing open park right next door and several eateries within 10 mins.Its very safe for single travellers like myself. I had a very comfortable stay and would definitely stay here once again when in Delhi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Priyanka C
Thank you for your fabulous review. We are glad you enjoyed the Jahanpanah forest opposite our flat. It is one of its kind! Culinaire is the best Thai eatery which is visited by people who live as far as North Delhi. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Coralie
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was looking for a place in Delhi before leaving India and this was just perfect. Mrs. Srivastav was happy to accomodate me on very short notice in this beautiful guest house. The room was pretty, spacious, air-conditioned and perfectly clean. For all the questions I had about getting around, airport transfer etc. I could rely on Mrs. Srivastav and her daughter, Coralie. Even though I didn't get the chance to see much of Delhi, this must also be one of the prettiest neighborhoods. On top of everything, I had the pleasure of enjoying an excellent Bengali dinner, prepared by Lakshman, the in house chef, who also took great care of me at breakfast. Overall a very pleasant stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Matthias P
Thank you for your very beautifully worded and well thought out review. It was truly a pleasure having you with us only for a day. Next time we hope you leave more time for Delhi, it is a fantastic city with lots to see. See you again soon, Coralie
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I highly recommend SrivastavINN as one of the best bed and breakfast places in tow! Situated in a posh part of GKII (South Delhi) I found it easy to get around quickly to the places I needed. Taxis had no trouble finding it, and there were amply auto rickshaws available too.

The house itself is very spacious, with very comfortable beds, and decorated very well with various sculptures and wall hangings. Impeccably clean were the toilets and linen, making my stay as comfortable as home! Mrs. Srivastav and her daughter Coralie were very warm, friendly and welcoming, and made my stay extremely comfortable. The food was delicious, home cooked by Laxman and served on time. On the whole without any exaggerations, I would say that I felt right at home at the Srivastav INN, and recommend it wholeheartedly to all! Enjoy your stay there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Imebenezer
Thank you for giving us a very good review. We value your opinion as you work in the travel industry. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Best wishes Coralie
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here with my wife, daughter and mother for 6 nights and we enjoyed our stay very much. There are only 2 rooms in this B&B and we rented both rooms so it became our own serviced apartment in Delhi. The rooms are big and well decorated. Bathrooms are clean and big as well. There is big dining plus leaving room where you can relax as well. Both host of the B&B are very helpful and supportive. They always offer us their help. The owner did not charge us for our early morning arrival (around 3 am) and I like to give special thank to owner for this. This will never happen if I chose a hotel.
The breakfast is according your choice either Indian or continental with fresh fruits. You can order lunch and dinner as well which is great advantage because many B&B do not offer this. The cook prepares delicious food. Most of the time we had our dinner in B&B. The location is also very good. There are nearby shopping arcade with different types of shops, restaurant s and spa. You can walk there in 10 mins. The owner can also call radio taxi for you which usually take 30 mins to come. There are Tuk Tuk available on front of the B&B. But nearby metro station is quite far. We enjoyed our stay in this B&B and we will love to stay here again. I also like to recommend this B&B to family travelers with young kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank omidhaka
Thank you for your fabulous review. It was a pleasure having your family staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for the lovely presents and Laxman enjoyed the achaar you left him. Best wishes, Coralie
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Went to Delhi for the first time for a business trip for several days and stayed at the Srivastav Inn. I was incredibly pleased with my entire experience here. This B&B is basically two bedrooms in a home owned by a lovely German woman (who has lived in India for a very long time) and her adult daughter. Their own living section is sectioned off from the guests so you do get your own privacy. The rooms and bathrooms (there are only 2 in the home) are comfortable, clean and well-decorated.The food was GREAT - the amazing/kind cook Laxman makes you eggs to order in the morning, and the table is full of fruits, yogurt, muesli and toast - but the best part are the home-cooked Indian dinners he makes! Better than any of the restaurants we ate in Delhi - delicious! My first morning there, after telling Sigrun that I wanted to find a place to run, walked me to the jahanpanah city forest (a few blocks away), a huge green forested park with trails where I was able to run every morning. Sigrun and her daughter were very helpful and accommodating (without being overbearing), suggesting activities and even offering to book things for us. One day when I unfortunately fell ill, Sigrun made me some home made chicken soup! Doesn't get any 'homier' than that! My room had a lovely balcony where I could sit outside, TV/AC and a ceiling fan, a big bathroom with heated water, a safe in the room, and reliable wireless internet. Overall, our experience here was fantastic and I look forward to staying here again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank wanderer109
SrivastavINN, Owner at Srivastav Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your thorough review and for appreciating Laxman's fantastic breakfasts. It was a pleasure having you staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit, where we can introduce you to more of this incredicle city we live in. Best wishes, Sigrun and Coralie
Phoenix AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! We chose it primarily due to the good reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. Sigrun and Coralie were professional and friendly right from our first contact, they stayed in touch and helped us even as our plans changed multiple times. On arrival we felt welcome and very much at home in the comfortable room - we booked the larger back room as our two children (aged 5 and 7) were with us and an extra bed was put in the room for them. We were concerned that they would not feel comfortable in a room on their own, but in fact they also felt totally at home from the moment we arrived - so next time they can have a room of their own!
The apartment is beautiful, marble floors and bathrooms, spotlessly clean, comfortable beds and seating, a desk and great wifi connection in the room, individual air conditioning controls in the room, and - best of all - Sigrun's fabulous sculptures. She is a very talented and well-known artist in Delhi and also a writer and illustrator of marvellous children's books, so a wonderful resource for anyone interested in the cultural side of Delhi.
Breakfast was delicious, fruit, eggs, toast, tea... Laxman cooked omelettes to order, delicious! We also ordered food to be delivered one evening (there is quite a collection of menus from local restaurants!) and were made to feel very comfortable at the dining table to enjoy this - it really seemed as though nothing was too much trouble for our wonderful, charming hosts.
Sigrun and Coralie also helped us with advising us on train tickets for Agra (and explaining how the system would work, so that when we were at the train station to buy tickets we knew exactly what to do), where to go, restaurants, parks with good playgrounds for the children, shops, etc.
The location was perfect for us, a good residential area with local shops nearby as well as parks, and fairly easy access to other popular areas of New Delhi.
We have already recommended Srivastav.Inn to all our friends and family and will certainly be staying there again on our next trip to Delhi!

Room Tip: There are only two rooms, the back one is larger.