“Excellent hotel with a friendly staff”

Hotel Delhi Aerocity
Ranked #125 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Pune, India
“Excellent hotel with a friendly staff”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a night with my parents. The room was in neat and well furnished. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The room service was excellent. ANIL, the hotel staff looking after room service, was in particular very helpful. He served promptly and was very well spoken. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
uk
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This review is written from the point of view of a single female British traveler who is almost middle aged ;-) I always travel respectfully, my shoulders and knees stay covered, I wear loose clothing with my hair tied back, and I wear a wedding ring.

I stayed here for one night purely because it was close to the airport and I had already toured Delhi. I felt safe, my room was clean, the wifi worked perfectly, the TV had some English channels, and the water was hot. It suited my needs perfectly.

I would not venture outside unaccompanied because of the area it is situated in, but then I didn't need to. I took a cab to the place I wanted to go to the next morning before going on to the airport. Interesting standing on the balcony watching the streets wake up the next morning - a real view of Delhi at work.

The hotel staff were very courteous and respectful, they only knocked on my door when it was necessary and didn't try to enter my room (as a female solo traveler in India sometimes the staff seem to constantly knock on your door to "show you the bathroom" "show you the TV" etc etc. all unnecessary).

The staff were happy to get me things I wanted that they didn't have in the hotel and service was prompt. Food was nothing special, but perfectly edible.

They allowed me to print off my boarding pass with no extra charges using their reception computer. The friendliness of the staff is what made me rate this hotel so well.

I would stay here again for an overnight airport stop, but not as a base from which to explore Delhi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is 2nd time I have stayed in this hotel Very convenient location and good room service with helpful staff with reception especially PAPPU I have dealt with been real helpful. Would recommend to especially international fly outs. Cheers!!!

Saharanpur, India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

It is surprising that hotel is rated 3 star while it is not even 2 star in quality. Breakfast was very hopeless and disappointing. The dining room was not clean and was dusty. Service was poor. Tea cattle was not in room. On asking twice, they provided a cattle which was horribly unclean, having rotten food particles stuck inside.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Sudhakar A
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before a flight from Delhi Airport. The hotel is very conveniently located for the airport, but the neighbourhood is very shabby and the hotel overlooks a flyover. The room itself was actually quite nice - clean enough and nicely furnished. The bathroom was small and wet room style, so not very practical. The window in our room would not shut properly so it was freezing cold and noisy. We asked for a heater - it was very old and caught fire when we plugged it in! The room filled with smoke so the window had to be opened which made the room even colder. We asked for another heater, but it never arrived. During the night, the window blew open, so we had a very uncomfortable stay. The dining room was grim - filthy carpets, not very clean, a depressing room. The breakfast buffet was poor. We could not wait to leave. In fact, we checked out early and hung out at the airport instead! I would recommend paying a bit more money and staying somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a window that shuts!!
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 9, 2014

After booking this hotel, I immediately received an e-mail from the manager confirming my stay, with the address and directions to the hotel. He was a great communicator as we arranged airport pickup. When we arrived at the hotel, the manager and especially Anil and Mahesh were very accommodating. Each person made sure we had access to the wifi, knew how to work the TV, hot water, and were so kind to carry all of our heavy bags to our room. The hotel is nice. It was a tad cold when we arrived in late December. I guess heating is not something most hotels provide there? Otherwise, the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant, but not during their normal hours. Our experience was OK, not great. Perhaps it would have been better had we eaten between 7pm and 10pm during their normal dinner hours. We did not eat the breakfast. The only annoyance was that one of the managers was quite pushy about me writing a TripAdvisor review- his name is listed here in other reviews, so there is no need to mention it. He even broke out his laptop and told me what to write, how to write it, and that he would get a certain amount of money according to how many reviews he got, etc. With a bit more tact, I could have maybe been persuaded to include his name here, but I was put off by his pushiness. He even asked me if I had written the review the night before I checked out of the hotel when my experience had not yet even been had. Other than that, I had a great experience here, and if I needed a place to stay for a night in transit again, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pitselehkm
Tinsukia, India
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed in this hotel enroute to dehradun after reading the reviews in this forum !!!! Is veri convenient from the airport, we had opted for the pickup facility and it was a veri prompt one.For a short stay it is nice though the morning breakfast is one which u would definitely like to avoid !!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family