“Grim!”

Ranked #118 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
London
“Grim!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before a flight from Delhi Airport. The hotel is very conveniently located for the airport, but the neighbourhood is very shabby and the hotel overlooks a flyover. The room itself was actually quite nice - clean enough and nicely furnished. The bathroom was small and wet room style, so not very practical. The window in our room would not shut properly so it was freezing cold and noisy. We asked for a heater - it was very old and caught fire when we plugged it in! The room filled with smoke so the window had to be opened which made the room even colder. We asked for another heater, but it never arrived. During the night, the window blew open, so we had a very uncomfortable stay. The dining room was grim - filthy carpets, not very clean, a depressing room. The breakfast buffet was poor. We could not wait to leave. In fact, we checked out early and hung out at the airport instead! I would recommend paying a bit more money and staying somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a window that shuts!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 9, 2014

After booking this hotel, I immediately received an e-mail from the manager confirming my stay, with the address and directions to the hotel. He was a great communicator as we arranged airport pickup. When we arrived at the hotel, the manager and especially Anil and Mahesh were very accommodating. Each person made sure we had access to the wifi, knew how to work the TV, hot water, and were so kind to carry all of our heavy bags to our room. The hotel is nice. It was a tad cold when we arrived in late December. I guess heating is not something most hotels provide there? Otherwise, the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant, but not during their normal hours. Our experience was OK, not great. Perhaps it would have been better had we eaten between 7pm and 10pm during their normal dinner hours. We did not eat the breakfast. The only annoyance was that one of the managers was quite pushy about me writing a TripAdvisor review- his name is listed here in other reviews, so there is no need to mention it. He even broke out his laptop and told me what to write, how to write it, and that he would get a certain amount of money according to how many reviews he got, etc. With a bit more tact, I could have maybe been persuaded to include his name here, but I was put off by his pushiness. He even asked me if I had written the review the night before I checked out of the hotel when my experience had not yet even been had. Other than that, I had a great experience here, and if I needed a place to stay for a night in transit again, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pitselehkm
Tinsukia, India
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed in this hotel enroute to dehradun after reading the reviews in this forum !!!! Is veri convenient from the airport, we had opted for the pickup facility and it was a veri prompt one.For a short stay it is nice though the morning breakfast is one which u would definitely like to avoid !!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Western Springs, Illinois
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel was good value for the price and very conveniently located (close to Indira Gandhi International Airport). One of managers, Pappu Pareva, was especially helpful. He wrote out a list of useful Hindi words for me, making a point to go into detail. I'm sure I will be using it in the future. The room comes with a free bottle of water (crucial if you forget this right off the bat as I always do), and the chai I ordered was delicious. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who was flying into Delhi from abroad.

Room Tip: Every room has A/C and WiFi. I think the noise from the street is unavoidable, so be prepared for t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Hotel Delhi Aerocity is a very nice place to stay when you are out to India. Hotel Delhi is a good value for money when you stay there. All staff is very polite,pleasenant and frienly especially Pareva Pappu the receiption manager who is always ready to help you with a good smile on his face. He is a very polite,pleasant and professional receptionist and manager.
Niroosh Verma is the security gaurd and he is full of respect towards the guests. He will always wellcome you to the Hotel and help you if you need help or if you have heavy or small baggage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Nainital, India
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Called mr. Pappu pareva at the reception. Very helpful guy and got a room though the hostel was full. And got an executive room with excellent facilities. Also called for taxi and the taxi came in time by one call from mr. Pappu

Stayed December 2013
Brazil
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hotel is very close to airport, room (executive) was fine and spacious. Big bed and comfortable. Staff very gentile and cordiale, made our stay very pleasant. Pappu Pareva and manager were very polite and offered us some free extra bottled water, free late check-out and free airport drop-off.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple