Book In Advance
Tours from When In India Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience When In India Tours
from $40.00
from $38.00
from $30.00
More Info
All reviews rickshaw tour spice market guide ritu great tour sounds and smells india tour old dehli highly recommend this tour red fort full day tour chandni chowk felt very safe golden triangle tour street food agra and jaipur wii commentary
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our beautiful guide,Ritu,gave my husband and I an amazing 3 hour information packed tour through Old Delhi.Our rickshaw driver worked so hard and we felt very safe with him.
This is the only way to see old Delhi.We learnt about the religions, the people and their way of life.We finished up in a small restaurant and had some very tasty Indian food,ordered by Ritu, which we really enjoyed.
Thank you Ritu.See you again

Penny, South Australia

Old_Delhi, Owner at When In India Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Penni, thanks so much for your sweet review, kind words and the strong recommendation. We try hard to showcase the real Delhi from a locals perspective to guests visiting India so that they understand this fascinating city better. It was a pleasure to meet you guys and we are glad that you had an amazing time and felt comfortable and safe. Hope to see you again. :)

Ritu & Taruna

Reviewed July 18, 2013

As two girls traveling alone, this was a safe and fun way to experience Old Delhi. I don't think we would have ventured this much into Chandini Chowk on our own, or even known where exactly to go if we were looking around by ourselves. The tour-guide shows you pictures of what the place was like years ago and tells you the History of how it has evolved, which I found very interesting. I'd say this tour is great for those who aren't very confident/familiar about the region. If you're already quite familiar with India's/Delhi's history, then you might find the tour a little repetitive, as you might already know a decent amount of what the tour guide tells you. Overall, I'd highly recommend this tour if you're new to Delhi/India!

Dear Anita, thank much for taking out the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to meet and your friend and explore Old Delhi with you guys. We are glad you had a fun time. I would like to add that our route and commentary are customized based on the interests, background, age group etc of the guests. We do get quite a few Delhites. Expats, NRIs in addition to international guests and the tour is designed in such way that there is something new for everyone. Again I thank you for your sweet review and I hope to see you again.

All the best!
Thanks

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently took this tour with my husband while on a long holiday in India and it turned out to be one of the highlights of our whole trip. Before this tour, we traveled independently around different regions and sites in northern India for nearly a month and saw a lot of amazing places, some with guides and some on our own. We explored most of New Delhi on our own and we really wanted to wander through and explore Old Town Delhi, but were worried about being overwhelmed, lost, or just plain confused. So, I decided to sign up for a paid tour. After searching around a bit I found 'When In India' on-line and zipped off an email to Ritu asking if she could arrange a tour for the next day. Her response was quick and efficient. We decided to take one of the private tours and Ritu did a great job of finding out what types of things we were most interested in and molding the tour to fit what we wanted. Old Town Delhi is a warren of narrow winding lanes, full of shops, people, monuments and worship places. It would have been very difficult to navigate on our own and impossible to understand all that we were seeing without the help of a local guide. Ritu was excellent, taking us through all the major places of interest in old town and also showing us up, around, and inside of many places we would never have found on our own. She provided us with both historical and modern insight and knowledge about the area. By the end of the tour I felt like I was being shown around a favorite neighborhood by an old friend. The rickshaws were comfortable and the drivers safe and pleasant. I loved the audio transmitter headsets she used, which let her ride in a different rickshaw but still talk to us about everything we were seeing as we rode through the streets. She even made sure we had plenty of water and ended the tour with some delicious India food. My only disappointment was that I did not insist that our teenage daughter accompany us on this day, and I think she really missed out on a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone with half a day in New Delhi.

2  Thank TSV_13
Old_Delhi, Owner at When In India Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hi, thank you so much for saying that our tours were the highlight of your India trip and for selecting us to show you the charming old Delhi. Our customized tours are designed to show you what interest you the mos,t and we are glad that you enjoyed the tour, the insights, rickshaws and audio transmitter headsets. It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope to see you again and meet your daughter as well.

Best
Ritu & Taruna

Reviewed July 13, 2013

History, religion, food, way of life. And no shopping. This was a great way to set the context of today's Old Delhi behind the scenes, with it's old treasures and delicious street food- all safe to eat. Fascinating and highly recommended.

1  Thank njramsey

Dear N, thanks so much for the sweet and succinct review and the strong recommendation. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and I am so glad that you guys had a good time. You are right Old Delhi is a great city with its old treasures and delicious street food and I hope to see you again to explore a different side of this amazing city.

Thanks

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was visiting a friend in Delhi before heading down to Agra and we decided that to cover the most ground possible on a tight timeline and hit the highlights we needed an expert. We sure got one! The tour was easy to set up, email communication was very quick and efficient and we got to tailor the tour based on our interests. We had such a blast in the back of the rickshaw taking in the sights, sounds and smells of Old Delhi being safely driven through the small alley ways and busy streets. Our guide Taruna was exceptional - you could really tell that she is an expert in the neighborhood and her knowledge of the history made it that much more exciting and real. I highly, highly recommend this tour and experiencing Old Delhi from the rickshaw whether you are alone or in a group!

Hi! Thanks a lot for taking out the time to write this review and the strong recommendation. I had a great time with you and Elizabeth as well, Old Delhi is a great place and you guys were so fun loving and easy going. I hope to see you again, on your next visit to India.

Best wishes