“Real bread and real cheese!”
Review of Brown Bread Bakery

Brown Bread Bakery
Ranked #331 of 12,580 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: International, Italian, Indian, Israeli
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Pahar Ganj
Description: Restaurant 24h open with German Bakery and Cheese Shop. Brown Bread Bakery and Organic Food P.Ltd is the very first organic bakery with restaurant in India with branches in Varanasi and Delhi. Since 2015 we started also a Vegan restaurant Varanasi. The company supports the projects of Learn for Life by using the profits for funding the school and to provide fair working conditions for all the staff. We use as many organic ingredients as possible for our products. All our bakery items are made from different kinds of organic grains which are always grinded freshly. The grains, the rice and the lentils are produced by certified small farmers which we visit and check regularly.
Ladakh, India
“Real bread and real cheese!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Maybe there are a lot of places to get real bread and real cheese in Delhi nowadays, but I don't know where they are, and this one is near my hotel in Pahar Ganj.

The breakfast buffet looks so enticing, with real bread of various types, real cheese of various types, yoghurt, fruit salad, and several other things like a nice hummus etc. I'd love to eat it for dinner, but it closes at noon. As somebody pointed out the food sits out so it's probably best early -- I saw it at 8 am and it was gorgeous.

To the person who prefers Wengers in CP, I say go there. Wenger's bread is all white flour even if coloured differently. I don't find it much different from any generic tasteless fluffy white bread but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Brown Bread Bakery is different: the bread is the real thing, a bit heavier, some is sour, some has crunchy seeds.

I got bread and cheese to take to a friend for a gift. I also came in the evening and had an ordered meal, which was nothing special but okay, typical tourist food. Wifi and an unhurried atmosphere are good. The service is a little crummy but normal for Delhi.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Resident_N0n_Indian

Milan, Italy
“GREAT!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant is really different from all the others i've tried in pahar ganji. The food is very good and the atmosphere is relaxed. The bread is simply DELICIOUS!!! Try the honey fermented bread, is special. And the buffet breakfast is a great alternative to all the others i've tried...there is cheese and the yogurt is like cream. Go for it!!

• Visited May 2013
Varanasi, India
“Evergood”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Back in Delhi. After my experience in the brown bread bakery in Varanasi I couldn't resist to visit the Brown Bread Bakery in Delhi again. I just realised that you can even order food for your continuing travels...imagine...bread which is bread with cheese which is cheese? How can you resist?

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Valerie1801
Varanasi, India
“good place - excellent food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My first day in india, i had my dinner at the brown bread bakery and it was really good. You should defintly try out, its a good place to stay and to have dinner because the atmosphere and the people around are very nice.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank sophia378
Stuttgart
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Organic food was good for my health...”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the Ajay Guest House for about two weeks. I was eating every day for three times in the restaurant. I tried most of the meals. After a week I had about 10 favourite meals. So I decided not to try all meals instead of my favourite meals. After all there was only once a minus. The bread basket was mixed with sweat and normal bread peaces. But it`s not a real minus because the bread basket was every time for free. It was the 5th time that I visited India. The fist times I felt myself often tired. Even after 2 weeks. But now I was eating only organic food in this restaurant and I felt myself vital all the time. My skin got also much better. I had pimples on my back and chest. After two weeks 90% of them disappeared. I think it could only be because of the organic food. If I will visit India again than I will eat only in this restaurant. I tried to eat before in many other restaurants and finally it is enought for discovering. The probability is not that high to find an other restaurant which can offer you a good taste and health food that can full you up for fair conditions.

• Visited November 2012