“a well budgeted stay in delhi”

Hotel Shiv Dev International
Ranked #563 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Ulsan, South Korea
“a well budgeted stay in delhi”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had a very good time here, Stayed with my family, rooms were well maintained and the staff was very helpfull and reaching up to our needs most of the time. The quality of breakfast served was good.I have stayed in many hotels but the care this hotel gave was excellent. They will take care of all your travelling needs and get u the best deals for sightseeing. rooms were quiet spacious and well maintained. If it Delhi again then definetly am going to stay here and also recommend the same.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank manojkumar2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am surprised to see others who have given Shiv Dev a good rating. I stayed there for four nights this year and hated every moment of it. My group had three rooms and the important thing to note is that this property essentially has two separate sides. There are even separate staircases and elevators. The husband/wife couple had a double room in the better side, and their room was pretty good with a clean floor and bathroom. I was on the slum side and everything was literally filthy, including cockroaches in my bed and an overall terrible smell. After three nights I could not stand it anymore and asked to be moved to a room on the better side of the hotel for my last night. They said that, if I moved, they would charge me a higher room rate and would apply that higher rate EVEN TO THE PREVIOUS NIGHTS I had spent in the hellhole of a room I had been in. I could not believe this! Two of us changed US Dollars to rupees at the front desk, and we both got shorted on our exchange by what appeared to be intentional miscounting. If you think getting a dirt cheap room is your goal, then you can get it at Shiv Dev. If you want trustworthy staff and cleanliness, look elsewhere. Travelers should be aware that Shiv Dev is in a slum neighborhood and Delhi can be quite a surprise for middle class Europeans and Americans who do not know what to expect. Half a block away from Shiv Dev there is a Bloom Rooms hotel. It is spotless--the manager showed me a room there, and I should have moved to that location.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay there in spite of my review, at least demand a room on the "cleaner si...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Chuck D

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 31, 2013

i recently stayed in shivdev for 3 days with my wife. it was an official trip which was changed to holiday trip. the hotel staff were pathetic. rooms were congested. dont go by tripadvisor reviews. i was made a fool of it. really worst stay. i booked through yatra for a studio room(deluxe a/c) which itself includes complimentary breakfast. but they told there is no mention in eticket. then i argued with them and got my breakfast. there are many hotels near railway station which are far better than shivdev. so, just avoid shivdev.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank praveendvm
Broendby, Denmark
Reviewed April 19, 2013

they will not give the room I paid for. I paid 2 time to get my room. they will not give you the room, you paid for. they didn't pick me up from airport, they didn't give my free bearkfast. they don't care. the area near new delhi train station was very dirty. 90% of hotels was there. the price of tickets was very high for turists. no big shoping centers. I will never visit india. and I will never invest in india. every things was dirty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Said Z
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had been to this hotel with a large group of law students from Pune. We had visited Delhi for our study trip and stayed in this hotel for 3 days. We had a very good experience. We had complimentary breakfast which was served on terrace. We had a problem with our bed. But once complained they changed our room to a better one. Person named Maamu was very helpful and took good care of all the guests. If you are visiting delhi for some work this is a nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Kimaya_Pai
Noida, India
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When you think about hotel that would so comfortable rooms , excellence services and friendly staffs ,Hotel Shiv Dev International is the best one. For myself i have been occupied for short times but the hotel more convenient to connect with other places , in the hotel staffs so friendliness , room so comfortable and cleanliness . It's so valuable for budget. I would prefer this hotel for future accommodation during my trip to delhi.

Room Tip: Better choose this hotel and go for prior booking as no one is left untouched with the grand service...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank papiya644043
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Well Guys this Hotel is Really Nice in terms of Quality n Service for the Price as also has WiFi in Hotel.
We booked here Deluxe room for 3 days for Rs:1500 per day including tax from 28th feb to 2nd march 2013,also u could get Standard room which also has set-topbox t.v and a.c for Rs:1100(Just bargain).
They also have RoofTop restaurent which was Good.
Its very close to New Delhi railway station.
Worth it for the Price.

Room Tip: Standard is also Nice but I stayed in Delxe which have LCD+A.C and Small fridge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple