$112
Radisson Blu
$121
$109
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$141
$128
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$179
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

$88
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

The Oberoi(New Delhi)
$425
$185
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

$185
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
$110
$154
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you are traveling by train through the short distance to Delhi Main Station is the only positive point for this hotel.
Not very clean, noisy, complains are not taken care of at all, although the manager is asking you about your oppinion of the hotel. Stil the room was not cleaned, towels not changed, beds not made up. I was wondering why he asked!!!
I had the impression that nobody in the hotel knew what do do and how to do it properly

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank mareike h
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is the most terrible dirthole we've seen during our trip through India (staying in the 1500-3000 INR range). Room smells of urine, furniture is shabby, water is cold (including a wet floor because it's constantly dripping), bedsheets were stained, we were promised (but not delivered) a heater 3 times, window to the loud road can't be closed, AC doesn't work. We had a prepaid voucher, but when we saw two cockroaches crawl across the bed, we decided to write off that money and check into one of the numerous other hotels in the same road. Met another guest at the reception who had similar complaints, so probably not just bad luck with our room.

There's so much better value for money in the same road... I really can't understand how people can give a positive review to this hotel. Unless...

Room Tip: Just chose a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jorge12345
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had booked for a twin bedded room and was provided one with all kinds of facilities.... one of the best i would say.... I could not find any negatives in the hotel. Excellent food. Thanks to Atul of Shivdev, everything went on quite fine. It was a very pleasant stay in Delhi. Looking forward to stay again over there. Thank You.

Room Tip: Twin bedded rooms are really good. AC works absolutely fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank JestinMJ
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked an Executive Room via a booking site 6 months in advance of my stay. I got a good rate as a result but the room we were allocated was nothing like the Executive Room description on their website. We asked the staff on reception who assured us on a number of occasions that we were in the right room and in the end they conceded that the website contained false information.

To compare the website to reality, it states the following (with the reality in brackets):

"A spacious split level room (no split level) with a cabinet partition differentiating the living area and the bedroom (no partition). This 250 sq. ft. room (possibly but I doubt it) has got the following highlights.

¨ Wall to wall lint free carpeting. (no, a tiled floor)
¨ Writing desk with Internet connection. (no writing desk, wireless internet is provided however)
¨ Refrigerated mini-bar. (there is a fridge but nothing in it)
¨ Wardrobe. (yes)
¨ Direct dialling local/Intl. with voice mail. on process (cannot comment)
¨ Interactive TV. (there is a TV .. not sure about Interactive)
¨ Complimentary mineral water bottles. (nope)
¨ Shaving kit, Dental kit and Bath kit. (nope, we got soap & toilet roll only when we asked for it)"

We didn't even have one of the nice hanging chairs that we saw in some rooms.

Alongside this, we found the service to be poor. For example, there was no hot water one morning so I had to have a cold shower. My husband called reception who sent someone up. "Just run the water for 5 minutes and it will be fine" (he just wasn't listening when I said that I had run the water for 10 minutes in the process of having a cold shower.) Eventually he decided that the diesel for the generator had run out. When we asked Reception how long it would take to fix the problem, the guy plucks the figure of 10 minutes out of the air, without even asking anyone what the problem is. As is often the case in India, the staff tell you what you want to hear rather than telling you the truth.
We also got contradictory advice about taking a taxi to the Grand Prix Circuit which resulted in us missing the Practice Session on Thursday which we planned to see. We got to the Circuit but we were too late

Breakfast was included in our rate but this was a badly organised affair ... cold food & frequently running out of cup, bowls, milk, hot water etc.

The stay hit rock-bottom when my husband walked into a glass door to the restaurant which had no markers identifying it as a glass door. It took an almost broken nose for the staff to put some tape on the door.

To balance this review, the room was an OK size, fairly clean and the shower was hot most of the time. It's true that the location isn't the best but it is close to the Railway Station & Connaught Place

Room Tip: Just don't base your choice on the website
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

During my stay in Hotel Shivdev for 6 nights, I couldn't find any major backwards in room condition and the service. I was very much satisfied during my stay and since this is my first time traveling to New Delhi, it's just like the hotel has given me the first impression of Indian hospitality. All requests were attentively taken care of and the standard room which I booked for turned out to be the best room I've ever stayed in a budget hotel, with clean sheets, beautiful interior, and also a unique hanging chair inside the room. The location might not be so eye-catching and preferable for common tourists who want to have some quiet personal time since it is located in a dense and crowded little alleyway near New Delhi Railway Station.

In short, I like the warm service from the hotel and little bit dislike the location.

Room Tip: Do not pick room that straightly heads the road side if you prefer a quiet resting time.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo