“Biryani is out of the world”
Review of The Golconda Bowl

The Golconda Bowl
Ranked #639 of 12,935 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hauz Khas Village
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've had a lot of biryanis but this one is simply out of the world. Paradise Hyderabad is highly over-rated and doesn't stand a chance in front of Golconda's biryani. I bit my fingers twice while eating. Make sure you order the haleem. the brown roasted oninons on top of the haleem make it worth every slurp.

5  Thank Tanshu

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hauz Khas village is known to have a number of restaurants n bars in the narrow lanes and by lanes apart from the designer studios but this place is definitely worth a mention..

Gosht biryani was indeed 1 of the best i've had so far in Delhi NCR. Served along with Mirchi ka salan, it changed my perception about Hyderabadi food completely. The Lasuni Gosht was a new delicacy to me and enjoyed it completely.

The manager was quite interactive and seemed quite knowledgeable. He made suggestions while we were ordering (it was his suggestion to order a naan to relish the lasuni gosht!!). Some ppl might find it intruding though!

A couple of points:
1. the portion size was quite less as per the price charged for it.
2. the music in the restaurant was not matching to the theme
3. The menu card presented was torn. Not expected from a restaurant like this.

Over all, the place is definitely worth a second visit!

5  Thank Sumit402
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Lunched at Golconda Bowl last Sunday. Reached there to discover we were the only ones. We were led to a table but after sitting for a while, we were asked to move to another table by another staffer. I wanted to leave but we had really wanted to visit the place for long. We ordered an appetiser (patthar ka gosht) and for the main course kacchey gosht ki biryani and settled back to wait. Meanwhile except for another couple, there was no one else, which left the waiting staff with little to do except hang around uselessly, talking and joking with each other. The kebabs, when they arrived, were delicious but the biryani was nothing like the biryanis I've eaten in Hyderabad. But I guess it works for Delhi. Usually we don't do desserts but here we decided to have their khumbani ka meeta, which was rather good! Overall I would recommend the food but not the service.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went there with couple of colleagues for lunch. Were just exploring the streets when we came across Naivaidhyam South Indian restaurant.

Decided to eat there but there was a waiting there so we decided to explore more. There just behind that restaurant tucked inside a winding street we found Golconda. With the intent of savouring an Authentic Hyderabadi biryani we decided to go in.

The ambience was good. Nothing to dressy but just about ok to make you settle down. The staff was ready to help and made us understand a couple of things we wanted to know about the dishes. We ordered veg biriyani and paneer preparation and breads. The presentation of food was inviting & the service prompt.

The preparations were tasty and not as spicy as we had expected which was fine with us as none of us was a big fan of too spicy food. The food is a bit overpriced [45 bucks for a roti!! and 250 buck for a kheer] and portions tad smaller than one would expect but overall it was nice experience.

The total bill for 5 ppl came to be 3K. Well its worth a visit

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am an avid lover of fine cuisines and this love for food takes me out of my house every night. My trip to Golconda Bowl was one of the best dining experience I have had in many years. When we walked in, the place seemed like any other restaurant in Hauz Khas Village, but it was the food and service that set it apart from the rest.

The starters are to die for! For starters we ordered a Chicken (Murg Laal Mirch Tikka) and Patthar ka Gosht". The Gosht was one of the best I have ever had!

Being a Hyderabadi restaurant we had to order the biryani and it was simply sublime. Unfortunately we did not have any space left for desserts but next time (in the very near future) we will try the sweets too.

To sum it up: Great food, excellent service and value for money!

1  Thank ujjwalhanda