“Excellent in every way”

Gourmet Desire
Ranked #5 of 205 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jyoti Agarwal - the culinary wiz behind Gourmet Desire, for the last few years, has held exclusive cooking classes in Delhi along with other food and cultural experiences for people visiting Delhi from around the globe. GD offers unique and curated homely experiences which make memories for life. We understand that 'time is money' and no one has leisure hours to spend in the kitchen therefore the idea is to make a delicious wholesome authentic Indian meal in a jiffy. Visit our website today to view our popular itineraries which can also be customized to suit individual requirements. So come sample the sights, sounds and aromas of Delhi with us!
Reviewed August 21, 2015

We had a fantastic experience on the last day of our tour of India with Jyoti, talking, learning, cooking and eating some tremendous Indian dishes. All the preparation had been done, all we had to do was cook, talk and eat. Jyoti is extremely knowledgeable about all things Indian and if you're a foodie the time will fly and you will come away having had the best time. I wish we'd managed to do this at the start of our tour as we'd have learned all sorts of insights that would have helped us get off the beaten track more as we visited Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur. We had a wonderful time but could have made even more of it with Jyoti's advice to hand. Ask about her very charismatic son who will show you some Delhi nightlife that you'll probably not get to see without him.

All reviews
"wonderful afternoon"
"chicken rogan josh"
"mustard oil"
in 3 reviews
"vegetarian and non vegetarian"
"an amazing cook"
"delicious dishes"
"learn how"
in 7 reviews
"north indian"
"learning how"
"cooking course"

Reviewed July 28, 2015

I am visiting India for 3 weeks and was given an afternoon and evening with Jyoti learning about Indian cuisine and culture. It was beyond description. I had an introduction to Indian spices, cooking techniques and a meal in addition. It was a lifetime personal favorite experience. Jyoti has travelled a great deal and has a breadth of knowledge of the world. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Liz4949
Reviewed July 28, 2015

Jyoti was a very helpful, informative, interesting teacher. She told us a lot of history regarding indian cooking styles and also showed us loads of insiders trick and traits to perfect the perfect home cooked indian meal. All if was really easy to understand and once youve got the base you can alter lots of recipes to your desires. She also enjoy baking and making chocoate if that is something you would be interested in learning. I would highly recommend her when you are in delhi and have time to spare.

Reviewed July 14, 2015

I have been to the Delhi area on multiple occasions for work and was looking to do something different and came across a review on Tripadvisor for Gourmet Desire. I've always enjoyed Indian food and thought it too difficult to cook on my own. Jyoti, the owner/instructor, was able to make Indian cooking something that I would want to do on my own.

We cooked about six dishes together. It helped that there is someone in the kitchen who takes care of the chopping and dishwashing so it was very possible to complete these dishes in about three hours. Afterwards, we sat down and ate and, not only enjoyed the food, but each other's company as well.

I also opted to take an excursion to the spice market where she took me to the purveyor whom she herself uses.

In addition to teaching Indian cuisine, Jyoti also specializes in teaching how to cook chocolate and desserts. She will also host a meal in her home, lead shopping tours, and do a tour of street food vendors. It is definitely a different way of experiencing Delhi.

The next time I return to Delhi, I'm calling Jyoti and requesting a home-cooked meal.

1  Thank Klikes2travel
See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2015

I went to Jyoti's class with a group of 10 girls. We arranged short notice and Jyoti was very accommodating! We all really enjoyed her class. She has a beautiful home and was very welcoming when we arrived. She is funny and was a wonderful host. She had helpers in her kitchen who cut up/prepared the fixings to save time and after she was done showing us the ropes of Indian cooking, Jyoti and her helpers set up the table with all the dishes we had made and enjoyed a delicious meal. Her class made me feel like I could go home and recreate her dish as she went through the steps and also provides the recipes! I would definitely recommend Gourmet Desire!

1  Thank J4d31111