Review Highlights
Wonderful class and market tour!

Our group had a lovely time with Jyoti. We enjoyed visiting the spice market and learned a ton... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2020
jmkirby15
Amazing Evening - Worth It

I absolutely loved Jyoti. Her knowledge and passion for Indian cuisine made for the perfect evening... read more

Reviewed January 5, 2020
alstaristravelin

All reviews indian cooking cooking class spice market recipe booklet highly recommend this class home cooking market tour local street food short notice an amazing experience jyoti knowledge techniques lesson cauliflower delhi cuisine
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2015 via mobile

Jyoti's cooking class was awesome.. She made us feel very welcome, she taught us an array of mouth watering dishes which she made quite simple to follow. It was a delight for me!

Reviewed May 1, 2015 via mobile

Last week I was in delhi for quick visit and I was very lucky to get to do a cooking class with jyoti from gourmet desire.
I still can't find the right words to describe this experience it was just beyond my expectation the highlight of my trip and memories from Delhi..the cooking the spices the smell were all succulent. For sure I cameback different from this experience..I've been foodie for so long but this unique experience teach more about how to taste food not only eat it..and for sure I enjoyed every bit of it, and meeting jyoti another for lunch couldn't make me much more happier..for sure I will be back and in your kitchen again

Date of experience: April 2015
2  Thank Myjourneyinindia
Reviewed April 15, 2015

We enjoyed a wonderful cooking lesson with Jyoti on the last day of our holiday. We are a family with three teenage sons and my father, and we all love cooking. Our cooking experience with Gourmet Desire was the perfect ending to our holiday in India and we learnt so much. Jyoti was extremely helpful answering all my emails before the lesson, giving us lots of choice as to what sort of dishes we would like to cook, and she demonstrated and explained everything in her lovely home, making us feel very welcome. I would recommend this cooking experience to anyone wanting to learn more about the culture and the food of this fantastic country.

Date of experience: April 2015
3  Thank Anon7300
Reviewed April 2, 2015

i recently signed up for a one day cooking class with jyoti in delhi. i went to her house in a nice neigborhood in delhi and spent a day with her cooking northern and southern indian recipes. what a great time! we started with northern indian recipes. she got me actively involved in creating several recipes...she offered multiple tips/tricks and i took copius notes! after we enjoyed the creations we cooked in the morning, we took a ride into delhi to buy spices in the spice market. then, after a quick side trip to a delhi tailor to get a custom suit jacket made for me, it was back to jyoti's house to cook a few southern india recipes and enjoyed a nice dinner with jyoti and her son before it was off to the airport to fly back home. she tailored the class to be exactly what i requested....overall a great day, something completely different from the normal tourist type of stuff...cooking all day with a local in her house...what a great time. jyoti was great! i could not have asked for a better day in delhi !!

Date of experience: March 2015
3  Thank Rob O
Reviewed April 1, 2015

Jyoti cooking class was great.
After emailing her and booking our trip, she organised her driver to pick us up from our hotel (highly recommended) to take us back to her place to get cooking.
The dishes we cooked reminded me of food my Mum used to cook when I was a kid.
We also did the Spice Market and Shopping tour of Dilli Haat markets.
Highly recommend this cooking class.

Date of experience: March 2015