“Highly satisfying and reasonably priced”
Review of Gourmet Desire

Gourmet Desire
Ranked #5 of 205 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jyoti Agarwal - the culinary wiz behind Gourmet Desire, for the last few years, has held exclusive cooking classes in Delhi along with other food and cultural experiences for people visiting Delhi from around the globe. GD offers unique and curated homely experiences which make memories for life. We understand that 'time is money' and no one has leisure hours to spend in the kitchen therefore the idea is to make a delicious wholesome authentic Indian meal in a jiffy. Visit our website today to view our popular itineraries which can also be customized to suit individual requirements. So come sample the sights, sounds and aromas of Delhi with us!
Reviewed May 8, 2015

I wished to learn some of the unforgettable flavours that I experienced, especially in South India, during my magical 4 month stay in this great country India. Jyoti consulted me on what dishes exactly I would like, which vegetables I would prefer, etc, as she can give classes in South and North Indian cooking and adapt to people's wishes. I had a private lesson that went for over 3 hours. This included a delicious meal of what we made including coconut and tomato chutneys, sambal,idli, dosa, lemon rice, and it cost the equivalent of AUD$120. This is good value compared to doing a South Indian cooking class back home in Australia. Jyoti has a brisk talking and cooking style and can cover a lot in a small space of time. All ingredients are laid out neatly and everything is shown in such a way to help beginners such as myself feel they can succeed in their own kitchen.

2  Thank Abi T
"wonderful afternoon"
"chicken rogan josh"
"mustard oil"
in 3 reviews
"vegetarian and non vegetarian"
"an amazing cook"
"delicious dishes"
"learn how"
in 7 reviews
"north indian"
"learning how"
"cooking course"

Reviewed May 3, 2015 via mobile

Jyoti's cooking class was awesome.. She made us feel very welcome, she taught us an array of mouth watering dishes which she made quite simple to follow. It was a delight for me!

Reviewed April 30, 2015 via mobile

Last week I was in delhi for quick visit and I was very lucky to get to do a cooking class with jyoti from gourmet desire.
I still can't find the right words to describe this experience it was just beyond my expectation the highlight of my trip and memories from Delhi..the cooking the spices the smell were all succulent. For sure I cameback different from this experience..I've been foodie for so long but this unique experience teach more about how to taste food not only eat it..and for sure I enjoyed every bit of it, and meeting jyoti another for lunch couldn't make me much more happier..for sure I will be back and in your kitchen again

2  Thank Myjourneyinindia
Reviewed April 15, 2015

We enjoyed a wonderful cooking lesson with Jyoti on the last day of our holiday. We are a family with three teenage sons and my father, and we all love cooking. Our cooking experience with Gourmet Desire was the perfect ending to our holiday in India and we learnt so much. Jyoti was extremely helpful answering all my emails before the lesson, giving us lots of choice as to what sort of dishes we would like to cook, and she demonstrated and explained everything in her lovely home, making us feel very welcome. I would recommend this cooking experience to anyone wanting to learn more about the culture and the food of this fantastic country.

3  Thank Anon7300
See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2015

i recently signed up for a one day cooking class with jyoti in delhi. i went to her house in a nice neigborhood in delhi and spent a day with her cooking northern and southern indian recipes. what a great time! we started with northern indian recipes. she got me actively involved in creating several recipes...she offered multiple tips/tricks and i took copius notes! after we enjoyed the creations we cooked in the morning, we took a ride into delhi to buy spices in the spice market. then, after a quick side trip to a delhi tailor to get a custom suit jacket made for me, it was back to jyoti's house to cook a few southern india recipes and enjoyed a nice dinner with jyoti and her son before it was off to the airport to fly back home. she tailored the class to be exactly what i requested....overall a great day, something completely different from the normal tourist type of stuff...cooking all day with a local in her house...what a great time. jyoti was great! i could not have asked for a better day in delhi !!

3  Thank Rob O