Review Highlights
Wonderful class and market tour!

Our group had a lovely time with Jyoti. We enjoyed visiting the spice market and learned a ton... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2020
jmkirby15
Amazing Evening - Worth It

I absolutely loved Jyoti. Her knowledge and passion for Indian cuisine made for the perfect evening... read more

Reviewed January 5, 2020
alstaristravelin

All reviews indian cooking cooking class spice market recipe booklet highly recommend this class home cooking market tour local street food short notice an amazing experience jyoti knowledge techniques lesson cauliflower delhi cuisine
Selected filters
Reviewed December 16, 2014

Having been overwhelmed by the chaos that is New Delhi, I completely enjoyed the down-home cooking experience with Jyoti. She arranged transportation for me as finding her place would be quite hard on my own. Her class was well organized and very informative. She has a great knowledge of Indian cooking and answered all questions. Most importantly, the food was fantastic!

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed December 10, 2014

I love Indian food and have been cooking it for years. This class gave me some new and very useful guidance for my next cooking exploits! The food we cooked was really delicious and I can't wait to try cooking them myself at home. We also received printouts of the recipes for all the dishes we made. Jyoti is warm and friendly and was a great host and teacher. It was a very sociable and friendly gathering as well - a really nice diversion from typical sightseeing activities.

Reviewed December 9, 2014

I recommend this cooking class for anyone who is looking for a genuine, non-touristy experience. I had a great time learning to create Indian dishes with Jyoti in her home. She is an intelligent, interesting woman with a huge range of recipes to share. I attended the cooking class solo, so we had more than enough food! We discussed life in India as well as the US and took a tour of her local market to see where all the produce and spices come from. I returned home with a booklet of recipes and the confidence to use them.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed November 27, 2014

Highly recommend cooking class - Jyoti will show you how to cook a huge range of dishes and explain lots of spices and the range of food across India. We got to help cook and eat everything, which was all delicious. Can't wait to try and cook it ourselves when we get home. Jyoti is also great to talk to and gave us great shopping tips.

Reviewed November 26, 2014

My son and I had the most fantastic experience to finish our trip round India on. If you are seriously interested in Indian cooking then you will find this a rewarding experience. We covered a tremendous amount of ground in our afternoon, which ran well over the intended time. I have tried one dish at home so far and it worked very well indeed. Jyoti is a natural communicator and is passionate about her food, even some techniques that might appear quite daunting are shown to be easily doable. The outcome of our class was some amazing dishes that I found quite different to the usual UK restaurant fare. This course is about Indian home cooking and we were welcomed as guests into Jyoti's home. A big thanks to a super lady!