“Best Cooking Experience Ever!”
Review of Gourmet Desire

Gourmet Desire
Ranked #5 of 205 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jyoti Agarwal - the culinary wiz behind Gourmet Desire, for the last few years, has held exclusive cooking classes in Delhi along with other food and cultural experiences for people visiting Delhi from around the globe. GD offers unique and curated homely experiences which make memories for life. We understand that 'time is money' and no one has leisure hours to spend in the kitchen therefore the idea is to make a delicious wholesome authentic Indian meal in a jiffy. Visit our website today to view our popular itineraries which can also be customized to suit individual requirements. So come sample the sights, sounds and aromas of Delhi with us!
Reviewed December 17, 2014

We've taken cooking classes in many different places. Jyoti and Gourmet Desire is the best ever. She is delightful, warm and oh, does she know how to make the most delicious dishes! She makes it all seem easy, because she is so sensible about her advice. We've now tried making some of the dishes at home in New York with amazing success.

We recommend Jyoti heartily!
Niki and Joel H

"wonderful afternoon"
"chicken rogan josh"
"mustard oil"
in 3 reviews
"vegetarian and non vegetarian"
"an amazing cook"
"delicious dishes"
"learn how"
in 7 reviews
"north indian"
"learning how"
"cooking course"

Reviewed December 16, 2014

Having been overwhelmed by the chaos that is New Delhi, I completely enjoyed the down-home cooking experience with Jyoti. She arranged transportation for me as finding her place would be quite hard on my own. Her class was well organized and very informative. She has a great knowledge of Indian cooking and answered all questions. Most importantly, the food was fantastic!

Reviewed December 10, 2014

I love Indian food and have been cooking it for years. This class gave me some new and very useful guidance for my next cooking exploits! The food we cooked was really delicious and I can't wait to try cooking them myself at home. We also received printouts of the recipes for all the dishes we made. Jyoti is warm and friendly and was a great host and teacher. It was a very sociable and friendly gathering as well - a really nice diversion from typical sightseeing activities.

Reviewed December 9, 2014

I recommend this cooking class for anyone who is looking for a genuine, non-touristy experience. I had a great time learning to create Indian dishes with Jyoti in her home. She is an intelligent, interesting woman with a huge range of recipes to share. I attended the cooking class solo, so we had more than enough food! We discussed life in India as well as the US and took a tour of her local market to see where all the produce and spices come from. I returned home with a booklet of recipes and the confidence to use them.