“Nice shopping” 5 of 5 bubbles

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a very crowded area, but there's a lot of great shopping that can be done. Also, there are nice little cafes, but it's mainly a site to see only if you're interested in shopping for handicrafts.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nina55555

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dharamsala, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cheater hotel OM , Hotel Grand Plaza DB Gupta Road, Paharganj, New Delhi”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Dont stay in this hotel, they are cheater!!!!! hotel OM , DB Gupta Road, Paharganj, New Delhi
Behavior and services are worse......
I first contract with Hotel Grand Plaza person amit by telephonic ( Mob No 9560987374) but after my arrival over there no such named person was present and staff say he was in leave and say that they make my arrangement in his partner hotel OM ....
both are Cheater ... please be aware to both.......

1 Thank poor393
Bareilly, India
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Paharganj Revisited”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hi freinds, 23 reviews and 36 helpful votes eggs me on to write more. Although I have travelled to Goa, the Himalayas, Delhi , Pune , Nagaland and Kolkata since my last review , I haven't had the flow to write. Paharganj , does not fail to inspire me . Now we have a Sub way outlet and another good restaurant called the Sams. There are four new Hotels. What I tasted this time was vegetarian Indian Dhaba food. One can have a really good tasty food cooked right in front of our eyes for anything between 1 USD to 2 USD. Fantastic is the word. I usually stay in a hotel where I pay about 51 USD a night but believe you me , the rooms are really nice. If only we could sensitize the shop owners and the street vendors a little more , we will have a much cleaner place. I see a great future for Paharganj over the next five years. I will keep giving you the updates. So keep watching.

Doha, Qatar
172 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“Worth visiting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

It a nice crowded part of newdelhi but full of goods temples and shops so it is must see area ,hotels are good and cheap so why pay more when you can pay less.

australia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A taste of real india”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Why would you want to stay anywhere else? Here is a taste of real india with everyday life, with all its colour and chaos going on around you. Having breakfast on a balcony overlooking the Main Bazaar was a great way to start the day as the streets below come to life with locals shopping, ox carts & donkeys carting goods and cows stopping traffic. Tourists here are in the minority. We were fortunate to be here during Diwali and each day got crazier & crazier - this was one of our favourite stays during 3 weeks in India and despite the reputation, we never felt unsafe even with our 2 young daughters.

Visited November 2013