“Good enough for one night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel The Spot

Hotel The Spot
Ranked #96 of 1,053 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Budapest, Hungary
“Good enough for one night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

The hotel is located in the middle of an old market area, so it can be very crowded, full of all the dirt and smell. Compared to this the hotel is all right.

We arrived in the morning, but still we were able to do an early check-in with no extra charges, the staff was very kind.
The hotel and more the room itself could use some refurbishment. There was free Wi-Fi (most of the time it worked well).
All in all, for this money I was happy with my stay, it's okay for budget travelers.

Room Tip: A/C in some rooms is very old, installed in the window, so the street noise is added to the unit'...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Pulkit K, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thanks for taking out time to write a review of our Hostel in Delhi.
We are glad that you enjoyed staying at The Spot . I am especially happy that we were able to help to take back wonderful memories of India.
Pulkit Katyal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was our first visit to India, and our first hotel. We were picked up from the airport on time and didn't know what to expect. We arrived in the main bazaar of Paharganj and it was very very chaotic and noisy, but the hotel was on a small side street. It was still a bit noisy at night, but this is because it was Diwali and people were celebrating (and rightly so!), I'm sure normally it would be quiet compared to the main street. The staff, especially Pulkit were very friendly and helpful, and if we needed anything they were happy to give it to us. The wifi only worked downstairs and not in the rooms, which is not really an issue as we could just access our mails on our way in/out.
The rooms were fine, clean enough and had everything we needed to rest comfortably. Some people have commented it could do with some refurbishing which is true, but this didn't really bother us.
If you really want to be in the heart of all the crazy Delhi action, I'd recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pulkit K, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Terrace, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here my first two nights in India, owner Pulkit was a great guy and helpful with airport pick up. His son ( I think ) was cute and welcoming, gave us water and towels. Staff were not pushy at all but would get you what you need. Location was excellent, the bizarre was fun... Hotel is located in a narrow street beside Citibank ATM. I will be staying there again if in Delhi.

• Stayed November 2013
Pulkit K, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Before anything, I just want to point out something about the location. It is good, because it is in the heart of New Delhi, but the surrounding area, the Main Bazar, is quite a dump. It's a dirty place with little to no hygiene and not a very pleasant smell. That said, the hotel itself is ok. The rooms are clean enough and well ventilated. The air conditioning does its job well. The room I stayed in was quite big and had a desk which was helpful to me. The Wi-Fi is good, especially by Indian standards (where you mostly get dial-up speeds). It's a quiet place despite a lot of noise and fuss going on outside.

The price is good, even though you have to pay extra for the air conditioning. You can find cheaper places around but less clean and with worse conditions. I had a couple of friends that stayed in a next door hotel invited to my room and their first reaction was "wooow, this is a nice place" while looking around, so you can draw a conclusion from that.

I was weary if it is safe or not at first, but I found out it is. I left my laptop and all of my stuff in my room without fear of being stolen.

The staff is great. The guy in charge there, Pulkit, is a great guy and very helpful. It helped with pickup from airport, booked me tickets, get a phone number and make a itinerary for my traveling in India. Even after a month I stayed there I called him and he helped me book a taxi to Agra at half the price of what other offers I had.

Overall I think it is a good choice to stay there in New Delhi, if you can cope with the mess around the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here for a month and a half over the summer, from early July until mid-August. Although the location isn't necessarily the "best" or easiest to find, it's not in an abjectly bad or scary area. For those of you who are thinking about booking, you can find Hotel The Spot near the mosque along Paharganj's Main Bazaar, located at the corner of the alleyway that has an ATM facing the actual road. You can walk to the New Delhi Railway station in less than five minutes, no rickshaw or additional services needed; the entrance to Ramakrishna Ashram Marg Metro is a little farther in the opposite direction, offering a tight but quick ride to CP.

So far as accommodation went, I was quite pleased with what I paid for. 800 rupees a night got me an extremely large bed, flat-screen television with cable, air-conditioning, and a private bathroom with Western-style toilet and bidet. The AC in my room wasn't overly effective, but I was always comfortable, save during the black-outs that sporadically affect all of Delhi. Nobody ever tried selling me a service or product I didn't explicitly ask for (water or food, for example), and the staff was always helpful. When I needed to start saving money and had to downgrade, I was offered a non-AC room at a rate that seemed competitive with what other hotels in Paharganj might have offered.

I didn't have any significant complaints and would recommend Hotel The Spot to anyone on a budget who's looking to get the most bang for their buck.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Visited this place for my business trip. Hotel seems to be at walkalble distance from New Delhi Railway Station, even a cycle rickshaw can be hired as the entrance to the hotel is thru a narrow lane. Rooms are small, furniture is ok, toilets are average/old fittings. Best part is cooling, AC's are very much new, LCD TV in working condition and Internet connectivity is very good (wi-fi)
No inhouse restaurant, still the staff helps you in getting all kind of food.
Few rooms on 1st floor are renovated. If you are lucky you may get one.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on 1st floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Baguio, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Don't know if I was just lucky with my room but the AC was nice and quiet and there was not much street noise. The room was small but the water was always hot cable tv and there was good natural light. Had some of the best night sleeps that I have had in India. The staff are helpful, will get you food, beer etc of course expecting to be tipped but I've yet to come across anywhere that they don't. Only slight negatives for me were the staires. As one of the previous reviewers mentioned it is slightly hard to find. Thanks to his directions I found it fairly quickly

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip