“"Good Location, Very Clean & Efficient Staff" "Perfect"”
Review of Hotel The Spot

Hotel The Spot
Ranked #87 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Phuket, Thailand
“"Good Location, Very Clean & Efficient Staff" "Perfect"”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Hotel is Brilliantly located and quiet. The Room was very clean & spacious also the bathrooms are newly made. The Staff is very helpful & very friendly through out our stay. Also the Pick-up service from the Airport have worked perfectly, even at the most unpleasant times in the middle of the night. The Wi-Fi worked very well , breakfast was good. however, I think has been ultimately been worthwhile.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Pulkit K, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thanks for taking out time to write a review of our Hostel in Delhi.
We are glad that you enjoyed staying at The Spot . I am especially happy that we were able to help to take back wonderful memories of India.
Pulkit Katyal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent two weeks in The Spot as part of our 5 weeks explore in India. Delhi can be a bit alien, but the staff in the spot made it as much as a home from home as it could have been. They really couldn't do enough to make our stay the best, and it makes such a difference. Its situated in a busy market so you can get everything you need as well, and with its new refurbishment, there's no other hotel like it. I can't recommend The Spot enough if you're wanting to visit Delhi.

Room Tip: It's in a busy area, so take your earplugs if you're a light sleeper. Don't put your tis...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pulkit K, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Lucknow, India
Reviewed May 17, 2013

we booked this hotel based on information and recommendation from tripadviser and makemytrip website... but it turned out to be our worst experience... i dont know how tripadviser recommends such hotels without checking facts... the hotel was dirty smelly dusty... no proper water supply...room was very congested, small and totally different from what they have shown in photos on net..bathroom was dirty...dont ever book this hotel..shame on tripadviser

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank jai R
Pulkit K, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
This Review by Mr.Jai is a Fake Review with Fake name just to spoil the Goodwill of our Hotel. It Might be a trick used by our competitor .

If he stayed in our Hotel, send a scanned copy of the Bill he received at the time of Check –In -Out!!!

1. Please compare the other Reviews with Mr.jai Review are no where similar to his Review.
2. In our Check –In Register Records Mr.jai is not Arrived in our Hotel in may 2013.
3. This person, we don’t know why he used such a un-parliamentary language!!!

More Over, from he booked our Hotel Room from make my trip, If he booked through make my trip Please send the Reference Number and the confirmation mail send by us.

Every one is happy with that wonder what made you unhappy. Your review of our place is most unfortunate.

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

london
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I feel very bad for the delay in posting this review as I've been meaning to say what a great stay I had at the Spot in February 2013. I stayed for nearly a week and the guys were really nice and helpful. An all-male set-up but - a single female traveller - I was never made to feel uncomfortable. The room was clean and reasonably quiet for Paharganj. I had unlimited use of the internet in their internet cafe in which the guys are super friendly, helpful and knowledgable and the internet always worked fine. The wifi in the hotel also worked for me (which was important as I was here on a business trip). The taxi to the airport was good value although one they booked me for a trip across town was not.

The only small comments I have is that, whilst the hot water mostly worked, you do sometimes have to ask them to turn the heater on which is a bit of a pain (only if you're not in Delhi in the summer of course!). The all inclusive breakfast is nothing to write home about.

I've been to Delhi on many occasions and have stayed in various places in Paharganj. This is a bit more expensive than the most budget, but for me it was completely worth it. And it is a LOT better than plenty of others charging the same price. The service and wifi connection were better than some of the hotels my colleagues (who sniffed at Paharganj and went for more "upmarket" places) stayed in for 5 times the price I paid.

Overall I would strongly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Get them to show you a few rooms - I've forgotten which room I had but there was quite a bit of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank galaxyjo
Hyderabad
Reviewed April 30, 2013

had a 4 day stay at hotel the spot...on an average the stay was quiet good...for low budget people its a good choice...the locality isnt that good but if you are planning to stay near cannaught place, this may be one of your choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Jaipur, India
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hotel The Spot is a just wonderful place in this hectic area of town.I got Room No. 17.Very nice people, superb clean rooms. I've stayed there 2 nights, booked the city tour of Delhi and it was just great. Having arrived from United States in the middle of night, airport transfer was waiting. Day after, city tour was just great, very nice and honest driver, no cheating at all. This place is just a heaven in this busy area. Walking distance to the railway station, Canaught Place. Room are perfect clean, management superb, good breakfast. It's THE place to stay in this area of town. Don't get cheated by taxi/tuk-tuk/riksha drivers but insist they take you there. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Muzaffarpur, India
Reviewed April 26, 2013

So many call 2 cleartrip for avail this hotel stay with all facilities availabile on my voucher, like Ac room, breakfast, & others , As per hotel , I have avail Only non Ac room .Hotel is value for money , , provide a wifi & in house internet , with best Location so its a best buget hotel in this area

Regards, Abhishek kumar

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Pulkit K, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, April 28, 2013

Thanks for taking out time to write a review of our Hostel in Delhi.

First of all , As per the Voucher we got from Cleartrip & the costing of your room was Rs.599 (Which is the category created by us known as ROOM ONLY CATEGORY)
This category only shows that we just have to provide a Room (Excluding of other services like Air-Condition / Breakfast / Internet etc).

So as a Customer if we go to any other Hotel you cannot get an A/C room with Breakfast in Rs.599.

As per our policy these services were not to be served , but we served! As we didn't wanted your stay & experience in our Hotel bad. we just keep a thought when the customer Checks-Out , he should leave behind memorable memories!.

We will try not to loose cordination & could maintain everything.