“Decent stay.. Avg food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel The Spot

Hotel The Spot
Ranked #102 of 1,054 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Decent stay.. Avg food.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hi all,

4/5 for location, 4/5 service, 2/5 for food, 5/5 for comfy check-in check-out times. 4/5 Wifi

I stayed here with my colleague for over 5 days in Feb 2013. The hotel is best for budget travellers. Specially for the ones who want to feel and taste the local Delhi around. Perfect location between 2 very near Yellow line and Blue line metros. Loved the locality around. Perfect blend of hustling market trying to woo the foreign travellers wearing Indian kurtas and beads staying around in this locality.

Please avoid ordering food from the attractive menu card they give. Take hours to serve you. Food is not prepared at the hotel. Tea is not good unless you hot sugary syrup.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pulkit91, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking out time to write a review of our Hostel in Delhi.
We will Try our best to refurbish the services we were delayed in.
We are glad that you enjoyed staying at Hotel The Spot. I am especially happy that we were able to help to take back wonderful memories of India.
Wishing you all the best.

Regards

Pulkit Katyal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Bangalore, India
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for a night.

You can pick this place if u r a person who likes to have a confirmed hotel booking before travelling to that place.

Liked:
-> They allowed early Checkin
-> Response on Phone was good
-> I could keep my luggage for few hours even after my checkout
-> Good TV in the room with lot of channels.
-> They let me use Internet for a while (for free).
-> Close to New Delhi railway station (if u take correct road)
-> Few minutes walk to RK Ashram Marg METRO Station

Disliked:
-> I didnt like the food. its is not tasty and over-priced.
Breakfast was horrible, and they charged a lot for it.
-> There was just one switch board functional & had a tough time charging my 2 mobiles.
-> No ventilation or source of air for Non-A/c rooms
-> Location: had a tough time to find this hotel. But later found out that its very close to Main Baazar road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bangalore
Reviewed March 2, 2013

For a budgeted hotel this is good. Locations is apt, nearest metro station is less a km. Cycle tonga's charge 10 INR to drop at RK ashram metro station.

Rooms are small and cramped. Specially for double occupants. Didnt order much food here, tea being served is very bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Location is a short walk to a metro station & New Delhi Railway station if you want to explore Delhi on your own steam. There is an ATM nearby, and many shops & restaurants. The man who owns the place is a kind gentleman, and the manager in charge of the reservations is helpful. The wifi worked well, though a little slowly. Not every room has a window, ask for one that does. Room was very clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was nice, and they were happy to provide boiling water and tea when I asked at other times.

Great Great Staff I Highly Recommend this Place for Every One who Want to Stay In Safe Place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Dint have a very long of stay.. but whatever 6-8 hours that we stayed in - the servvice was excellent.

The touts at the railway station or on the way to this hotel would discourage you from hiring their service, mainly because I am being told they are not offered any commision.
Please ignore them.

2-3 minutes from the New Delhi Station - location would be difficult to search for firsttimers.

Allowed us early checkin - breakfast was okay - accomdation price very very reasonable..
Was offered a bigger room at the same price as room I booked was unavailable.

Loved it ! highly recommanded !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
notts
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel page on cleartrip showed this hotel in a totally different light to how it was. On arrival the staff were helpful, but the room was not as shown in the photos. This was not a surprise, but the tv didnt work and this took soome persuasion to sort, there wasnt 24 hr hot water....you had to call reception to have this turned on for 10 mins...and the breakfast was nothing short of poor. overall the hotel was cheap, but I am sure some of the other options on cleartrip would have been better value. I wont choose this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank NottsEggmanfoo

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Truly a home away from home, It was a bit hard to find in the beginning but once we got there, we were made to feel so welcome & it was a comfortable stay throughout.
Ignore the negative ratings for this hotel. It is a safe and happy respite from the hustle and bustle of Delhi. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and caring. Transport and travel requirements are well catered for. The Taxi from the airport arrived on time. The inclusive breakfast is very good.
The best part of the deal is the location. The hotel is a short walk from the Metro & New Delhi Railway Station.
If you plan ahead and keep an open mind you will find this a great choice of accommodation in Delhi Paharganj.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends