“Such a Jerk!”

Ranked #86 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Neptune Beach, Florida
“Such a Jerk!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'll never suggest anyone to come here! it sucks! my time! and management is also poor! Better try another hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Ambrish D
, Owner at Hotel The Spot, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
This Review by Mr.Amit k is a Fake Review with Fake name just to spoil the Goodwill of our Hotel. It Might be a trick used by our competitor .

We feel so because Mr. Amit K is a Indian Name but he lives in Florida & more over he came India for the Business purpose.

If he stayed in our Hotel, send a scanned copy of the Bill he received at the time of Check –In -Out!!!

1. He stayed in our Hotel in March 2012, & giving a Review now which is really very strange.
2. Please compare the other 6 Reviews with Mr. Amit’s K Review are no where similar to his Review.
3. In our Check –In Register Records Mr.Amit K is not Arrived in our Hotel in March 2012.
4. This person, we don’t know why he used such a un-parliamentary language!!!

More Over, from which website he booked our Hotel Room , If he booked through any website or Direct Booking , Please send the Reference Number and the confirmation mail send by us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Spot is the best budget place I have stayed in New Delhi. I stayed with friends the first time, and our room was the most comfortable room we had stayed in in all of India. I then went back 3 separate times on my own and each time the staff remembered me and made me a good deal on the single room. Though the single was a very basic budget room, the room was comfortable enough and well shaded from the Delhi heat. The staff is the best part of the hotel… they don't try to sell you tours and provide you with what you need. I'm always comfortable when I stay, even as a solo female, and will go back as long as I'm a budget traveler!

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows or have windows blocked by cooling units. If this is a concern for...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

It is a good, clean and cheap hotel with nice people.

We were able to check in before time and also kept our lugage for a couple of days. Thanks a lot for that!

Recomended

Room Tip: 14, 24 are bigger.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Francisco A
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

excellent management of the rooms, WI FI, location, booking train and bus tickets, the owner ashuk is a nice person and will help u to fill good in crazy main bazar. Enjoy your trip (:

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Ofri_Uziel
Barcelona
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This place is just next to the Hotel Namaskar, a little more pricey but we thought the rooms were quite a bit better. Everything was very clean, the AC is from window units and frankly they could do with a service as they are not especially effective, but between that and the fan it was OK in Delhi in April (38 degrees out). The bedding provided was an undersheet and a blanket so you need to bring your own oversheet - the pillowcases and undersheet were clean but if you are fastidious your own undersheet would be a good idea too as the one on our double was a bit thin and small. We had to ask for towels but they provided them at no additional cost. Laundry was reasonable and returned same day when we handed it in early, and they changed money for us (actually at the place next door so we could have done it ourselves) at a good rate.
The guy on reception was very friendly and helpful without being pushy.
The reasons I am not giving this a 'very good' are as follows:
(1) there is a roof terrace but it is not really geared to guests - it's full of junk with only a few crappy chairs and tiny side tables, and NO shade, so completely unsuitable for sitting out in summer. The included breakfast was quite OK (but if you don't take sugar in your tea and coffee be sure to make this VERY clear!) but you have the choice of eating in your room - not very nice - or on the baking hot and scruffy terrace. It would take very little effort to tidy it up a bit, put up a canvas awning for shade, a few plants, and some cheap furniture to make a pleasant breakfast spot.
(2) the staff except for the main guy on reception need to be trained rather than just employed. They have a bad habit of coming to your room on some pretext and then hanging around the open doorway making inane conversation - this is REALLY annoying.
(3) we paid the boy to take our bags downstairs when we were leaving. When we got down, EVERY single zip that wasn't locked had been opened. They really let themselves down on this one - nothing was taken but that was completely unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sparklebcn
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have stayed in Paharganj before and I wish I knew about The Spot back then. It was a great price (rs400 for single, rs500 for double) and so much better than other rooms in the area I paid the same or more for. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was a great size and had a large LCD TV with good cable. They have free wifi on the 2nd and 3rd floors. (The 2nd floor signal reaches the first floor but is weak.) They also have an internet cafe in front for a small fee.

I had breakfast one morning on the rooftop, but so far they do not have tables up there. I had to use another chair to place my food on. Hopefully soon they will have tables. And they have room service, but it would be helpful to have menus in the rooms. I used it only for ordering bottles of water.

I have had problems with other places allowing my Indian friend to share a room, but they allow Indians to stay as long as they do not have a Delhi ID. Whenever I return to Delhi, I plan to try to stay here again.

For directions, turn down the alley when you see Nirvana Cafe in the middle of the Main Bazaar.

Room Tip: First night I was in room on first floor at top of stairs but it was noisy. They were nice to move m...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kerri K
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I came to this hotel after a bad experience in another one in the same area; an Irish lady told me it was a good hotel and that it was cheap, I saw some rooms and I decided to change. My room was clean, with fan, air cooler and LCD TV, all this for 400 rupees! The staff was kind and helpful, they also have room service (I didn't need it, because it's full of little shops and restaurants around, but you can order almost everything, from a bottle of water to a complete dinner at cheap prices!)
You can reach it by metro from the airport, it's very fast, but then to reach Main Bazaar you have to go through New Delhi Station, that is always crowded and there are lots of security controls, I had to open my backpack at the exit.
The last day I booked a taxi to go back to the airport and it was not too expensive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo