“Good place to unwind”

Ranked #47 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Chennai
“Good place to unwind”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Lovely property. Helpful staff. Too many mosquitoes in the lobby area during the evening. My door card didn't work twice. Good buffet spread. Not close to Delhi tourist attraction. Good place to unwind. Would recommend for sure.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rohit_BAJPAI, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Mr Sunny,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi - Dwarka.
We thank you for your valuable feedback, we have noted all the points that you have mentioned, not only of encouragement but of improvement, also.
We hope to welcome you soon to our property.
Rohit Bajpai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a night in April 2014. The property is good , but the rooms are a little small. Also rooms facing the courtyard have no privacy as every room opens unto other rooms and the curtains need to be drawn at all times. This makes the room very claustrophobic. Luckily we only spend a few hours here .
Situated approx 15 ams from Delhi airport.My husband had the buffet breakfast and was very satisfied with it. In-room dining quality was good too. When I compare this hotel to Taj Vivanta where we stayed the next day, it pales in comparison. Also when we booked this hotel through makemytrip.com, breakfast was included. However we realised on checking in that this was not part of the package as per the hotel. So when we end up paying up additionally for breakfast it is not really value for money. For almost the same price we get a better deal at the Taj.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms which open into the courtyard. One cannot keep the curtains open at any time as all room...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LataV
Rohit_BAJPAI, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings form Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka.
We would like to thank you for your feedback.
I have noted all the points in your feedback which need improvement and assure you that we will take all steps necessary to overcome them as soon as possible.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Radisson Blu Hotel at Dwarka is located at Sector 13 in Dwarka, which is a satellite city of Delhi. It is about 12 kilometres from the International and Domestic terminals of New Delhi airport, which may take 30 minutes by car, at an average. It has a metro rail station within walking distance of 400 metres to get to most places in Delhi.

The Hotel is well within the city, but does not have markets nearby. There may be a need to take a taxi to visit tourist centers or your place of business in the center of Delhi.

It has a large and pleasant reception area and the check in was prompt. The décor at the entrance is good and bright.

The rooms are large and spacious with a large and comfortable bed and pillows. The washroom is large enough and well done. TV and intercom facilities are good with prompt room service. They also have a ‘One Touch Service’ button on the intercom to place any requirements. The rooms overlook either the neighbouring buildings or inside the hotel.

The basement of the building has a shopping area, with shops of ‘Pantaloon’ (for clothes and dresses), ‘Bata’ (for shoes and leather goods) and ‘Croma’ (for electronic goods).

At the Lobby Level is 'Spring' the 24-hour coffee shop that has buffet service for all three meals. Ala Carte orders can also be placed here. ‘Rice’ is an Oriental cuisine restaurant that serves Chinese and Japanese food during lunch and dinner and is not open on Tuesdays. Similarly, ‘Dvar’ is a Indian cuisine restaurant available for lunch and dinner. ’Zeppelin’ is a well-equipped bar and ‘Atrium’ is a Tea Lounge available at the same level.

There is a Conference Room called ‘Crystal Room’ that is used for meetings, get-togethers and social functions. They plan to open a night club by the name ‘Club Voos’ in the month of June 2014.

On Level 2 is a well-equipped gym that primarily houses equipment manufactured by Italian firm TechnoGym. ‘Anantaa’ Spa next to it provided all kinds of massages, scrubs and wraps. Neighbouring ‘Affinity’ is a salon that has facilities for haircut, facials, pedicure and manicure.

On Level 4 is a medium size open air swimming pool with maximum 4 ½ feet depth. A room adjacent to it has facilities for Table Tennis, Pool and Foosball (hand football).

The staff are pleasant and efficient, the food offers reasonable variety and is good.

All in all, a good Radisson Hotel to stay in with competitive room rates.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank prjayachandran
Rohit_BAJPAI, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi-Dwarka.
We thank you for your feedback and words of encouragement.
Hope to welcome you back soon to our property.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best Radisson hotels I've stayed at. It has everything! From a pond to capsule elevators, roof top pools, a shopping mall. My husband and I tried out the Indian restaurant, which was amazing! And very decent with pricing, the food and service was at it's best. The rooms are very nice too. We will stay at this hotel again, if ever in Delhi.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Priya0827
Dear Priya,
Greetings from Radisson Blu, New Delhi-Dwarka.
It is heartening to know that our services met your expectations and even exceeded in a few instances.
Such like feedback is great encouragement for us as a team to strive more to provide great experiences to our customers.
Once again I thank you taking out your valuable time to review us on this paltform.
Hoping to welcome you back soon to our property.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel is running mainly due to proximity to airport, overall experience is satisfactory. I have stayed in this hotel for more than 5 times, sometimes service is poor due to heavy rush.
Despite low rates, in room dining is super expensive.
Worth trying as an overnighter

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Rahul C
Rohit_BAJPAI, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greeting from Radisson New Delhi-Dwarka.
We thank you for your feedback and have also noted the points of improvements which you have mentioned for out hotel & definitely try to work upon them to improve.
Hope to welcome you at our hotel once again in near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed in this place for a night before an early flight the next day. was upgraded to a suite on request as gold elite of CC. Uneventful stay for a few hours therefore not much to say.
On return from my holiday had planned to stay for about 1 week but ended up staying for 10 days. Initial impressions, courtsey of staff, demeanour of house keeping staff and in room dining all gone from bad to worse.
I mean things were going from bad to worse within a day. Ordered some food, arrived after 45 mins, cold, not completely cooked through chicken burger (and a howling child on top of this!). Next day ordered some paranthas brought something else and we had no option but to give it to our child as he was hungry. The next day, wife orders breakfast and the in room dining lady is argumentative with her, disrespectfully talks to her and here we go again! I had had enough and spoke to the duty manager (though i had asked to speak with the GM but apparently he is cannot be found?). He assured me that my stay would be better from that day. But alas nothing changed.

Had to wait for more than 20 mins each time for car valet as their were short staffed or something and kept getting cars of shouting people who had come for a function? (though it got slightly better when I mentioned it to them)

Delays in getting bucket of ice to room, argumentative staff of in room dining who lied to me on face and even had the ***** to tell me that I was wrong and they monitored timing on all orders. What could I say? Had I come here to stay or improve service of staff? Or to shout at anyone and maybe beg for basic service expected even from a 3 star hotel in delhi?

Again, mosquitoes all over the place, in the room, lobby, shopping mall downstairs. Someone brought a DEET spray which I refused to have sprayed in the room because of a 2 year old and he brings an electric raquet which zaps them, but used it for 10 mins and left with it. Spent 2 nights fighting with mosquitoes all over the place and had to go out and buy my own raquet.

I mean, it goes on and on.

There are a few good points though, rooms are large, spacious, front desk staff are good (for a change) does not argue with you! phew thank GOD!
On check out had asked for correct points to be credited and bill prepared but alas! Bill preparation done on time but wrong bill, no discount given 15% for gold elite, got it rectified; wrong points posted and had to request them to look into that as well.

I stay in hotels about 180-200 days a year and frankly, dont like giving bad reviews. But this one property, I have had to give only 2 stars as I think they are only geared up for stays of 1 night as an airport hotel and not for stays with families or extended stay.
They really need to train their staff to listen, ask if they do not understand anything, be courteous, helpful, not have an egoistic attitude, be respectful to women (I mean how would you feel if someone disrespects your wife?) and just let guests have a nice time. Is that too much to ask for?

In the end, I ask to speak to the GM, again told he is busy? Perhaps my next port of call is Radisson worldwide with a complaint. I mean if this is meted out to Gold elite of CC what of the ordinary package holiday couple?

Need I say anything more???

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank dream77boy
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Radisson Blu New Delhi Dwarka!
I'm truly sorry to hear that such like disservice was meted out to you at our property.
It is unfortunate that we were not able to live upto the standard of service which one desires for in a Radisson hotels like ours.
Your feedback is received by us in the most positive way & this will be taken up from an improvement point of view with one & all concerned.
I'm committed to improve along with my team on all the points mentioned by you & work upon the same to come up the curve in the fastest possible way.
I regret your experience but can assure you that we at the hotel will try with all our commitment to turn this around for one & all.
Hope you give us another chance to serve you by visiting our property in near future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2014

After a 20 minute ride around 12am (with no traffic), we checked in to the Dwarka Radisson Blu. It seemed very isolated from the metro noises of Delhi, we thought we would be close to.

Stayed here for 3 days during our 20 day vacation to India from Dec. 16, 2013 through the 6th of January 2014. We booked a double bed room for 3 nights (Wed-Sat). Our mid-night arrival and check-in was effortless and the room service was awesome. The rooms were spacious and had many amenities. We ordered mid-night snacks and beverages several times. Service was really slow after 1am, but the food was hot'n'tasty and cheap (by our US standards). The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was pricey and the selection was not to our taste.

We had a double bed facing the inside of the hotel's open atrium. We had asked for a skyline view... They were overbooked due to a conference and seasonal traffic. The pollution in Delhi with the morning haze made it hard to really see the cityscapes from any room. I requested an extra night and was flatly denied. No option but to check out... would have loved to have seen more of Delhi. Average taxi costs over Rs. 420 (that's around US$7) one-way to center of Delhi City.

The hotel over charged me a night (4 nights not 3 nights), I disputed with the hotel manager and never heard back from them. So, I went straight to American Express and after two attempts got them to credit me the extra night.

If I have no choice in Delhi next time, I'd stay here. But for now, I'll explore other hotels in my next trip and see what happens. Next time closer to the city center to take in the sights and sounds.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floor are quiet and spacious (I felt). The room's narrow doorway and floor sp...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Matt_M_MN
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Radisson Blu New Delhi Dwarka.
I would like to thank you for your feedback and i'm glad to hear that we were able to meet up to your expectations on some counts.
However, i have also noted the aspects of our product & services which you were not satisfied with & am committed to improve upon the same with my team.
Hope to welcome you soon to our property & showcase you set of our improved services.
Warn Regards,