“Basics still need improvement” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka

Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka
Ranked #47 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Bangalore
“Basics still need improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel has a good location close to the airport and that is why I chose to stay here in Dec. this is actually my second review of the hotel. I had stayed here in nov2011 also and surprisingly, some basics still not in place - maybe even new issues creeping in. the hotel could end up throwing out the location advantage with gaps in basic stuff.
I arrived late and stayed only to have a night's sleep. However this was a battle from the start itself due to a party in the hotel and noise filtering in inspite of the thick window. There were more smaller things like bathroom light not working, water in the shower not draining etc. At breakfast also, staff were busy chatting with each other without worrying about the customer's orders. Actually even prepared dishes were left to cool instead of giving to the guests.
When I pointed these out at the reception, the front desk staff were courteous and good enough to hear me out. Rajat offered me a small discount to compensate, which was a good gesture. Appreciate that from him. However same does not compensate the basic need of a business trip stay - decent sleep, decent bathroom and efficient breakfast.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Venkatesht
Vikram_Berry, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing the detailed feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for the highlighting the issues ; the concerned departments have been alerted and have already initiated correcttive action.

Thank you for having stayed with us and please visit us again to see the changes firsthand.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Its a nice hotel but needs better service. Air conditioner was not working. I stayed here dec 6th and 7th. Food was good and tasty. In room refrigetrator didnt work. Atleast three lights bulbs were not working in room. Someone came to fix it but couldnt do it and said they will get it fixed next day. Bathroom didnt have any toileteries. I called the room service and reception and stated to please send some or stock it while I am gone. But to my surprise when I came back in the evening they still didnt leave any soap etc. Very sloppy service. Wish if the service was better.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VikramBerry, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing the detailed feedback.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed with wife and 2 kids over the new year eve. Good choice of stay for being near the airport (hardly 30 min. by taxi). Good service and clean rooms/washrooms. A few things could really make this a worthwhile stay :

- Very expensive breakfast and in-room dining options - we did'nt opt for this while booking the room as we thought something around would allow us to have breakfast. This turned out to be bad planning - the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and even getting an auto is a challenge. On the day of checking in, we came in late and decided to have breakfast due to these constraints. The metro station is nearby but how do you get there without any drop provided ? I'd suggest Radisson to provide cheaper breakfast options so we can come back there again. Per head is 600/- for breakfast as a buffet which makes it nearly 2000 INR for a family. Not for those watching their budgets.
- Next day we thought we'll go to the nearest (sector 5) main market and have options there. But guess what, nothing was open in the market till 10 AM ! Radisson should consider having some options in its basement level "mall" where there can be fast food or pizza joints. In any case we ended up calling McDonald's mcdelivery for a couple of days.
- Bathrooms have a semi-transparent door ! With 2 kids it was a real challenge to go to the bathroom and watching your back !!
- After a few drives around, we realized this hotel was really in the middle of nowhere as it took forever to reach with the wide as hell roads and nothing around but huge apartment complexes which look dead. Any taxi ride from CP to the hotel was nothing less than 600/- Radisson should consider having shuttles from the metro or from the airport.

Only plus was the metro nearby, which was walkable (5 min.) and from there you could go to any place in the city (45 min. to Rajiv Chowk aka Connaught Place) by train for 22/- !

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your detailed feedback and insights on your experience during you stay with us. We do value the praise and regret the inconvenience.

We at Radisson are committed to 100% guest satisfaction for all our guests. Your feedback has given us a chance to improvise on our offers. Please also let me add that we do have several rate options to choose from with various inclusions to meet requirements of different guests. Please let me know when you next plan to visit us so that we can offer a customized package.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back for an extended stay.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel from Dec. 27 to 29, 2012. Though it may be far from the city, the hotel is clean, well managed, and the food for the breakfast and dinner buffet is excellent, choices of western and indian food. More so of the service that the hotel staff showed to us during our stay, Typicla of an American chain, the hotel is quite spacious, well lit and there is a newly built mall on the ground floor, with two tenants

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka !!!

It feels great to receive such wonderful and positive feedback.

Since its inception, Radisson has been known for are friendly and hospitable associates and has also had a long standing culture of excelling service and this feedback of yours reaffirms this fact. I will definitely pass on your compliments to all my associates.

I look forward to welcoming you to our lovely hotel, soon.

Chandigarh, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

There was a goof up. The girl at reception forgot to charge me for railway station pick up. I asked her to charge me next time I stay, which happened sooner than I thought - the next night. And, they argued about one-way transfer (I said it could be pick up or drop - my choice).

I had my flight canceled from Chandigarh to Chennai. I took Shatabdi to Delhi. It was 2 hours late. I reached Delhi at 12. The airport pick up by hotel was on time. Driver was well behaved and courteous - that's a big thing in Delhi. I checked in at around 1 in the night - they billed me up front on my request. At 6 in morning, I was already going to the Airport. It does take 30 mts to reach Airport and not 15 as they'll claim. So, plan. I came back at around 12 again from Chennai after a really hectic day. I slept after savoring the most delicious Gulab Jamun's. They gave me complimentary cookies, chocolate the second day along with fruit platter. First day was only fruit platter. Rooms are spacious. Hotel is big. It takes time getting around. The elevators did not work the second morning. I had to go 100 meters to catch the next elevator.

What more? Generally nice staff. Quick to act.

What can improve? 7 is too late for breakfast. Start at 6:30 at least. Will benefit lot of people traveling with Delhi as a base.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka !!!

We are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your visit and that you were satisfied with the overall stay experience. Please accept my apologies for the transfer arrangements.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back for yet another stay.

Karnal, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here on 22nd December for one night really tired reached here at 9 at night , reached at the reception met the duty manager Saunak could say really nice man at duty served with smile , really outstanding . The room Is good but the view was normal nothing great about the view . The Gym is good but the steam sauna is still not ready .
The hotel has various restaurant u can try Chinese it's good and the ambience is good too .
The hotel is near the airport and near to the metro line .
Could say value for money hotel if u like to stay for few nights .

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice view .
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SharadDatta, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka!!!

We are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your visit and that you were satisfied with the overall stay experience. We appreciate your kind words about Saunak and will definitely pass on your compliments to him.

Sharad Datta
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I traveled to Coimbatore during early Dec. 2012 on work and booked the hotel via the mobile app of Makemytrip and hence got a very good deal. The property is located about 45 minutes from T3, Delhi Airport by road. it may look a far off property but once you reach, you will be in a different world. The atrium is awesome and the lower basement has a shopping plaza coming up. Check-In was quick and efficient, that staff were really courteous standing up to Radisson legacy. The rooms are either facing the atrium or the city-side but I would propose the former. The floor-to-ceiling- glass walls give a magnificent look to the property. The rooms are well laid out and comfortable. Toilets are spic and span, with all useful items on the house. Room service is just great - courteous and quick. Food was very tasty but i thought they were over-priced for what it was. Over all a good stay and worth the spend.

Room Tip: Ask for a atrium facing room and the check-in staff would oblige if they have one!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka !!!

It feels great to receive such wonderful and positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you to our lovely hotel, soon.

Sharad Datta