“clean, new and helpful front desk manager & doorman”

Hotel Sohi Residency
Ranked #262 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“clean, new and helpful front desk manager & doorman”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My review is a little late as my stay period in this hotel was on 17 April 2013 & 20 April 2013.
From the time i booked, Deepak (the front desk manager) was very helpful and responsive in emails and arranged for a driver for us to take us around in Delhi.
We found the rooms and shower clean, with good WiFi and new.

The breakfast was a little disappointing but the location was within walking distance to Karol Bagh.

I wished i could tip the doorman more as i was short of change , for he was a very helpful old man.
If i do visit again, would love to tip him better.

Room Tip: If you are 3 pax, get the Deluxe room as 3 people can easily share the bed here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank simrankm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We got into the hotel quite late but there was always a doorman at the entrance. We were booked here for the night and wanted to book for another night, however, we were moved to their other property around the corner. We were fine with it since it was late and we are not picky travelers. We ended up at Singh Sahib and ate breakfast at Hotel Sohi. Both locations were really nice and people were quite friendly. Hotel Sohi was a bit more put together than their other property but that could have been because we arrived so late in the evening. During the day, the staff was really on top of it and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a clean and well maintained hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The property is relatively new as well. It is centrally located and close to Karol Bagh metro station. The room rates are very reasonable. I would recommend it without any hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mumbai
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here when I received this hotel as a package.Very clean Bathroom . Room was neat.Good service.

The only reason that I did not give a five star is because the checkin policy is 12 to 12 although my flight landed in night time after couple of days the staff was demanding half of room rent for additional hours even though I explained about the package I had from internet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Finland
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our first trip to India, been reading lots of reviews and nightmares about hotel experiences in India, thus, we didn't know what to expect before the trip. I booked Sohi Residency basically based on the reviews I read on TripAdvisor, which usually would never go wrong, but for this time.. hmm...I think this place has been a bit over-praised. But then again, like I said this was our first trip, we didn't know what to expect, and what's considered an average quality. But being a frequent traveler, having visited almost hundred of cities in more than 20 countries, I think Sohi Residency is just ok. The good side is that, it's safe, clean, tidy, no insects, no bugs, the bed was comfortable. But there are also lot of negative points such as, noise from the reception area, in the middle of the night you could hear people moving furniture (not just one night), you could hear people talking loudly and sounded like it's coming from their own workers, then noise from slamming the door; the hot shower didn't come automatically though, you had to go to the reception to ask them to turn it on, and that's quite a trouble when you travel with small toddler and might need warm water anytime during the stay. Breakfast was absolutely lousy (I can't believe I am saying this, this is the first time I am using such word to describe hotel's breakfast, so sorry guys, but I really mean it!) The breakfast place looked like a half-renovated area, you could see workers still sleeping in some corner while eating your breakfast, which feels really weird (maybe this explains the loud noise and furniture-moving sound in the middle of the night, these people were "working" while we were sleeping. Karolbagh itself is a really nice neighborhood though, visiting India is an eye-opening experience, we did enjoy every moment of it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Berendii
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We are dealing in auto parts and Karolbagh is whole sale Market.We decided to stay in Karolbagh and tripadvisor helped us choose a nice hotel in the area.We selected Hotel Sohi Residency on good ranking at tripadvisor and our stay was just perfect.We are surprised with the cleanness of the hotel. Hotel is located just few minutes walk to Metro station.Room was spacious with very soft bed and bathroom attached. staff is very helping.Chinese food was very tasty.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank senthil_kumar1990
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am quiet frequent to this lovely property managed by Mr jarnail Singh. Since my first visit in the month of December 2011, I visit this place at least once in a month some times alone and some times along family. But kind of comfort v get here right from front desk staff to staff in kitchen is really unmatched . It feels like v r in our second home. Only small issue is parking of the vehicle that is also taken care by the staff witch is supervised efficiently under d leadership of its proprietor Hr Jarnail Singh .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business