“Delightful place to visit !”
Review of Delhi Haat

and up
Delhi Super Saver: Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #80 of 438 things to do in New Delhi
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Delhi Haat is a delightful place to visit - whether you are alone or with your friends. India has a rich and diversified culture. This culture is represented in Delhi Haat. Great place to meet artisans from all over the country and buy typical ethnic goods: colorful clothes, artifacts, furniture etc. You can see a lot of foreigners hanging around this place, besides locals. Clean and well maintained. Food, as prepared in various states of India, are available in local stalls. Tasty and authentic. Anyone visiting India from abroad should not go without visiting Delhi Haat. They will not be disappointed.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was always lovely to visit Delhi haat and it was refreshing to visit it again. The variety and colors that it offers is amazing and the food is always a winner, Loved the food at the Maharashtrian Food stall and the food I got packed from Nagaland stall.., simple and yummy. The stalls offer various things, from ceramic pots and pans to bangles to juttis and what nots. And another big add on is the cost, you might shop to to hearts content or eat to fill yourself to the brim, but it wont hurt your pockets...must visit!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We wanted to go to the real Dili Haat but were scammed and taken to the fake Dili haat 95 Shamboo road near the lotus temple. Dont go here. Just walk away as the rickshaw drivers get a commission and the place is dishonest. We bought a number of things including a bedcover for $190 AUD which Carlos who works there said we should have posted as it would save us carrying it. We agreed and when we got back to Australia we received in the mail another bedcover which had holes in the corners as if it had been used as a display piece outside as it also had yellow stains on the back as if it had been wet.

At this stage I have contacted the fraud section of my bank. ( i paid by credit card and have records of the transaction). I also sent my bank copies of all the testimonies on the internet of other people who have been scammed by this place. I had to send the bedcover back as a condition for my bank in trying to get ,my money back . This cost me $50 AUD and I resent that I good willingly picked out a bedcover which was expensive but I was looking forward to receiving it. It is disgusting that this place shows such contempt for tourists to treat them this way. How insulting to send me a piece of crap in the mail that they know i did not choose. We spent money phoning them and they denied everything and then said they would call back and never did.
If I am successful I will receive my money back as my bank is going through Dili Haats bank and not directly dealing with the crooks who burned me.
I urge people to pursue things with their banks if they have had similar issues with Dilli Haat on 95 Shamboo Road or any other bad dealings with similar companies.

There needs to be something done about these businesses who cash in on the name of a popular tourist attraction just so they can carry out their theiving ways.

10  Thank Taj81
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had fun shopping here. We went when the theme was India Weaves and the fabrics, scarves and bags for sale were gorgeous! However, we found the prices here to be much higher than what we paid in other cities on our trip (Jaipur, Pushkar, Udaipur).

3  Thank CStevens218
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dilli Haat is not a traditional market or bazaar, but it does bring together artisans and traders from all over India in one area. The stalls are more like small shops, but the vendors change and will tell you how long they are staying in Delhi for. The quality and variety of goods is good, you can find cheaper elsewhere, but not all in one place, except perhaps for Cottage Industries Emporium on Janpath which is now expensive. You can also find food (especially from the NE of India) and Vandana Shiva has an organic food outlet here. It feels quite safe and everyone attends from adults alone to local teenagers to families with young children and elderly relatives.

4  Thank Chumby