“Lovely haven in Delhi with outstanding hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Serene Delhi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Serene Delhi
Ranked #23 of 1,053 New Delhi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely haven in Delhi with outstanding hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Serene Delhi is just as its name suggests. A calm and welcoming guest house in the madness of Delhi. The rooms are clean with modern facilities, the staff are very friendly and accommodating, and the location is perfect.
The house is located in the Haus Khaz area, which may seem far from the city centre, but is very quickly and easily reached by metro. It is actually much nicer to stay in this area, as it is a short rickshaw drive to Haus Khaz village, which has loads of nice restaurants and bars in the evening.
What sets this place apart from the rest is the owner, Drew, who was extremely attentive, experienced and helpful. His recommendations were spot on and made a world of difference to our trip. There is nothing that can replace the service we experienced in this wonderful hotel. We used this house as a base, which was very convenient as you do not want to carry big bags of luggage when traveling, and Drew sorted our travel plans for us even on the days we weren't there!
Delhi just became a much more manageable city knowing that you have a safe, comfortable, clean and friendly hotel to go back to.
Thank you for a great stay!

1 Thank Laurie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Benaulim, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

When I arrived in Delhi I was passed through to Drew's place. The masala chai was fantastic - there was a woodpecker outside the window the first morning an I've never seen one before and the apartment is fabulous. Excellent location and Drew's great - he even helped us find our next homestay. A great beginning to our adventure. Sophie & Clare.

Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Serene Delhi is a great place to stay. The rooms are spotlessly clean, wifi and hot showers are available throughout the day, and the staff are helpful. The owner, Drew Puri, is very welcoming and would go out of his way to help you. It's in an excellent location, within walking distance to the Green Park metro station and also close to Hauz Khas village. I felt that this guesthouse was better value than other similarly priced places I've stayed in New Delhi.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank HShin_12
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed for approximately a week at the Serene Delhi at the start and end of my 2.5 week holiday and work trip to India. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend this guest house to anyone visiting Delhi. The guest house is spotlessly clean, quiet and peaceful in Haus Khaz a lovely area. I was made to feel very welcome and at home at the Serene Delhi and Drew Puri, who owns and runs the guest house made every effort to help me with advice on places to go, local attractions, help with arranging taxis, transfers to Agra. Drew also kindly looked after some of our luggage as we headed north to visit the Punjab region. The bedrooms were very comfortably and reasonably priced in the lovely suburb of Haus Khaz..

It was very nice to also have the opportunity to meet other guests each morning over very tasty and substantial breakfasts cooked up by the very kind and helpful guest house team. The team were always kind and cheerful and as I stayed at the guest house over Divali the house was beautifully decorated with marigold garlands and candles and wonderful views from the balcony of the neighbourhood fireworks displays.

Haus Khaz village is a short rickshaw drive away ( 50 Rupee approx) and has numerous bars and lovely restuarants, definitely worth visiting. The guest house is also close to Green park metro station and we found the metro to be a very fast clean and convenient way to get around Delhi.

I recommend the Serene to everyone visiting Delhi for a short overnight visit or a longer stay. I know that Drew and his team will welcome you warmly to a home away from home in Delhi. Thank you to everyone for making my trip to Delhi so relaxing and enjoyable.

Jenny C

Mussoorie, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I just spent 4 days at this small, quiet, beautifully appointed guest house in the Hauz Khas area of Delhi. I live and work in India and have traveled extensively here and around the world, so I can say with some authority that the Serene conforms to very high standards for good value. It was comfortable, spotlessly clean and, best of all, beautiful, something that I don't always find even in better hotels here. Dhruv, the owner, was most helpful, as were the full-time staff. The breakfast was good and included in the rate. The neighborhood is convenient to transportation, restaurants, shopping and sight-seeing. The WIFI service was reliable and, overall, the Serene provided what I would expect from a quality hotel.

Room Tip: There are just a few rooms, but they all seem quiet and attractive.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Serene Delhi is the perfect place to stay in Delhi: the guesthouse is comfortable, well maintained and the staff is really nice and helpful (and they cook a good breakfast!). Dhruv, the owner, is extremely welcoming and really looked after us during our stay, giving us advise on where to go, what to do, organising bookings, etc. The guesthouse is located in a nice residential area, is within walking distance of Green Park Station and just a short auto rickshaw ride away from the vibrant Hauz Khas Village, which is a great place to chill out after an hectic day in Delhi.

I highly recommend Serene Delhi, and will definitely stay there next time I am in Delhi.

1 Thank Aurelien T
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times on 1 or 2 night stops in Delhi and have found it excellent every time. Location in a smart and vibrant suburb, but in a quiet street, on the airport side of town. Pay 300 rps. for your taxi. Nearest Metro station at Green Park is about 10 minute walk, and 10 minutes ride to city centre, if you don't want to take a rickshaw. Upmarket shopping and restaurant enclave of Hauz Khas Village is nearby. Rooms are clean, spacious and well-equipped, internet always works, excellent and generous Indian meals and breakfast prepared when you want them. There are two locations - both in Hauz Khas market area. My stays have always been at D-72. Dhruv, the owner, speaks perfect English, and has always given me any help I needed, including patiently dealing with geographically-challenged taxi drivers late at night. I agree with previous reviewers: a great alternative to hotels - where you'd pay a lot more, and be very lucky, to get this level of service..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business