“Moved us to their "sister" hotel”
Review of Hotel Golden Wings

Hotel Golden Wings
Ranked #147 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Moved us to their "sister" hotel”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked two rooms for two nights here at the start of January, although we never stayed as we were once again the victim of a Delhi Hotelier scam. It appears that many hotels will continue to take bookings even when they are full, when you then arrive at the hotel, you are told that your room is in an annex or “sister” Hotel just around the corner.

Of course, what has happened is the owner has passed on your booking to another hotel with a commission for himself. We were “relocated” to the Signature Palace Hotel around the corner. We viewed the room and it was disgusting. The Signature had dirty sheets which also had damp patches on them, a leak from the ceiling and everywhere was very dirty. The towel on the bed was grey although originally was white. We ended up going back to the hotel we stayed at when we first arrived in Delhi, the Hotel Smyle.

Having looked at the reviews of the Golden Wings I don’t think it is a bad hotel per se, and our advice to anyone staying at the Golden Wings is to be very careful to ensure that you have a room at the hotel rather than being farmed out to another one. How one can confirm this, I can’t really be sure, but I would suggest booking through a reputable bookings site (rather than calling up like we did) and try to book well in advance since we booked a few days before and it must have been full by that point.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew W
HotelGoldenWings, Owner at Hotel Golden Wings, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Sir, sorry for the. Sir as you know January is a winter & foggy season in New Delhi. Trains & flight from New Delhi are delayed or rescheduled every day in January. on the day of your arrival all the trains from New Delhi Railway Station were rescheduled due to heavy fog and all our rooms were occupied due the reschedule of trains & no one vacant the rooms. Sir we were try to arranged your room in the next hotel for obey your booking & your convenience. sir, we always obey all the advance bookings but we are also helpless, due to natural calamities. sir we feel again so much sorry for the inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Agartala, Tripura, India
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have planned to stay at this hotel for 3 days in last week of December 2013. I have booked a triple bed room almost 1 month before through direct call to the hotel. They have confirmed my booking and even 1 day before my arrival I have called the hotel for confirmation of my triple room and they had replied that I room is booked.
But when I arrived at hotel they told me that no triple bed room is available they can arrange similar room in some nearby hotels. As I have opposed to shift other hotel they have arranged a double room with an extra mattress at their hotel.
They have provided a room in the ground floor just behind reception, lots of noise and shouting from the hotel staff till the late night. After spending one night at this I am shifted to other hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay at ground floor. Though the rooms are good still dont book this hotel in advance.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gagan_NITA

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Rooms were good. Service was also very good. I liked the food as well.Manager and staffs were polite and helpful. Only thing I didn't like was the location. Hotel is in a narrow street where auto can't go directly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Kumar S
UK
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Basic rooms, our one had no window. With A/C, close to New Delhi train station. Although did get a bit lost trying to find it. It's down a very narrow street right at the start if the main Bazar road. Good thali place on right on the corner you turn to get to hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Over all, great experience: friendly and helpful staff--they even ran after me when I forgot medicine and other belongings in the room after checking out--that showed that they cared. The rooms were spacious, clean wifi equipped. Front desk was helpful and the location was ideal.

The one con: warm water was advertised but non-existent. Oh well, 9 out of 10 ain't bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HotelGoldenWings, Owner at Hotel Golden Wings, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for valuable feedback for Hotel Golden Wings. We appreciate that you liked the stay at our hotel. Hot water is available regularly during the winters and within 2 minutes after requesting at our front desk during summer season.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 14, 2013

we stayed 2 nights in golden wings hotel. the room was acceptable clean, especially the bathroom. hot water is there, but the hot water was not available in the morning (around 5am) when we need to catch an early train to Jaipur. wifi works in lobby area. they provide morning call. the staffs are ok.
i stayed in level 3 and had no sleeping issue whereas for my friend, he's in 2nd level. he could not sleep since the next door guests was talked very loudly. he had inform the staff but the noise continued after a while.
there was a little bit misunderstanding about the booking. i booked the hotel through Agoda under my name, but when my friend came they insisted that there was no such booking although he brought with him the copy of booking. After some arguments then they "found" the record and let my friend to check in.
the hotel situated in a very small alley, sometimes rocky, beware of deep holes as well, quite dark at night when most shops are closed, but go ahead, keep going and follow the direction :) you may not believe that there's such a decent hotel in that area.

Room Tip: if you book this hotel online, please bring the hard copy of booking with you. at least there's...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am regular business visitor to delhi. My friend recommended this hotel to me six months back and now I don't book any other hotel. New construction, cleanliness & excellent service are some of its attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business