“Most convenient hotel at Delhi Airport”

Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3
Ranked #22 of 997 Specialty Lodging in New Delhi
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed here several times now and have found it to be a very convenient option when connected through Delhi. The hotel is located inside the airport and is a much safer, convenient option then trying to stay at a local airport hotel. I have done the local airport hotel and will never do that again. It takes about 45 minutes from landing to hotel checkin when you count the time to clear customs, clear the inter airport transfer from international to departures and to check into the airport hotel. The hotel is a bit spartan, but then you are only staying here to get a morning connection. The breakfast was really nothing to write home about and the last time i was there the printer did not work in the breakfast area so i was not able to pre-print my boarding pass. All that said, i was not staying here for a luxury stay, it was pure convenience to make a morning flight and avoid the huge headache of leaving the airport to a hotel and returning in the morning. I will stay here ever single time that i am transiting throughout delhi.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank E P
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your repeated patronage and taking time out to review our hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after by transit travelers and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. We strive to serve our guests with utmost flair and it makes us happy that you found our hotel safe and reliable. We have noted your feedback about the printer and ensure you that your next visits will be bereft of any such hassles.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Since I had read the comments, before i decided to book, I was a it scared what to expect there.
However, I am happy I had done the booking and had rest.
The New Delhi airport is very hard to orientate at, so going out of the plane and finding someone to wait to show you the way through all the 10 000 security checks one has to do.
My room was quiet, the size was reasonable for an airport hotel, and the amenities were very good.
I was very happy that I could have a tea in the room.
Be prepared to wait on many queues, even in front of the hotel of a baggage check and then at the reception desk takes also a while.
Internet access depends on your room rate, so ask before hand.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank GalenaG
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your patronage and taking time out to review our hotel. It was a pleasure to be your host.

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after by transit travelers and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your short stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our amenities and services and your stay with us was comfortable. Many thanks once again for your patronage and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed here for a few hours while waiting for a flight out from Delhi airport. I found the pricing for the short stay quite reasonable compared to similar hotels around the world.
I entered the hotel from the terminal - before I had gone through check in (as the check in was not open yet). I believe there is also an entrance from the transit lounge, as well as from the transit, pre-check in terminal (when you arrive too early even to be allowed in the proper terminal)

The room was quite modern in design. Its was big enough, clean and with blackout curtains. It was also quiet. I went off to sleep quite quickly - which is the most important thing if you only have a few hours to stay. Room had tea and coffee making facilities and also had shower gel etc. It did not have a toothbrush or toothpaste - at least not in my room, which I found strange as I imagine that most people have either checked in their luggage and therefore had no access to their washbags or were not carrying that in their hand luggage. I was happy to see that they had a proper hair dryer so you can shower and get yourself ready for your flight without fear of having to walk around the terminal with wet hair. The air conditioning in the room was also quiet and easy to use. It was quite easy for me to get a cool enough temperature to have a reasonable sleep

There is a spa at the hotel and I understand there is also a dining/breakfast facilities for those staying longer.

One thing that you need to know is that the hotel is airside. This means if you are arriving pre-check in and have your to- be- checked in luggage with you that it needs to go through a quick security check before entering into the hotel. This will be an issue if there are certain items in your bags such as scissors which would be okay for check in luggage but would not be acceptable in hand luggage as those items can not be brought into the hotel itself. This means you have to remove certain things. I saw this with a couple of guests - its not clear to me how they got their "confiscated" goods back.

The entrance/meeting point at the hotel from the non airside of the terminal is on the far left hand side of the building, at the very back. There is a desk there with a poster of the hotel on it. Unfortunately this desk does not seem to be well attended and so its quite confusing on how you alert people that you have arrived/want to check in. There is also not someone there to enquire about pricing. I found out the pricing by looking through the papers on their desk but it can be quite frustrating if you have arrived and just want to get to bed as quickly as you can. The only way I was able to book the room/get someone to come was by phoning the number on the poster. This is not clear and also not easy from an international phone (trying to work out how to dial the local number for example) . Reception did not immediately pick up and then trying to explain to them exactly where I was in the terminal was a little annoying , especially when you are tired. I imagine that the process is a lot easier for people who have pre-booked or are entering from airside.
Apart from the initial frustrations of getting into the hotel, I did have a good stay, and slept well. I will plan in advance the next time I travel so that I can make better use of this opportunity

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank morts109
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Eaton Smart!

We are glad that you liked our spacious room and amenities and had a good rest. We also thank you for bestowing us with wonderful ratings. The security checking and verification are standard procedures and we thank you for your co-operation. Having said that, we would also suggest you to book your stay in advance to enjoy the effortless check-in and stopover with us.

Many thanks for your custom and feedback, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

As there are limited options for a long stop over between flights, Eaton Smart is really the only suitable choice although it is very overpriced. I had some problems at check in to do with payment but the staff assured me that it would be alright. A short while after I was shown my room, the reservations department rang me to ask for the name on the credit card which I gave them. They then responded to say that everything was okay. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the shower was hot. I would have appreciated a toothbrush and toothpaste as others have mentioned as well. The bathroom layout was a bit odd with a full length mirror opposite the toilet. Breakfast was very ordinary. Cereal, yoghurt, fruit and toast. I was asked if I wanted eggs but that was the only hot option offered. I had to locate the staff to ask for coffee and the small cup cakes were cold and hard.
The worst thing for me was being woken up after only a few hours sleep by a noisy group of people in the corridor as the room is not soundproof.
No. Actually the worst thing was being asked to pay at check out despite my previous conversations and reassurances that everything had been paid already. Hotel staff denied the conversations and insisted that no one had rung me from their reservations department. This happened at the desk in front of other guests which was very embarrassing.
The situation was resolved only after I became angry and insisted that I had been told by 2 staff and on the phone that the payment was okay. To make it worse, I then received an email from reception which outlined a conversation that I had already said did not take place between me and the staff. The implication that I was lying was very stressful and certainly spoiled my overpriced stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank travellight_8
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback with us.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. We would like to bring your attention to the point that we had to make your reservation on the spot as you did not present us the reservation code, sole reason being for the booking not being made through on our website. We were not able to charge your card as the booking was done at our hotel so that is why we had to inform you about the same over the phone. As the physical card was not available with you so we had to take an authorization from you. We hope that this response clarifies your concern and this incident would not put you off from visiting our hotel in the future.

We hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here for one night, to catch my early morning flight. It is a very usefull hotel if you have to spend 5/10 hours in the airport. Although the charges appears to be a bit high, but you will be having a peace of mind as you will be right there in the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank navendu_pal
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after by transit travelers and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. We would like to take this opportunity to inform that the rates of the hotel are based on industry standards and we are glad that you found our offerings worth the value.

Many thanks for letting us host you on your recent business trip. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had a long day travelling and arrived at the domestic airport late and had a international flight the next day. For this reason, the Eaton Smart was the best option. Our tour rep met us at the domestic airport to transfer us to Terminal 3 of the International Airport and ensure a hotel rep met us. Thank goodness because if we had to work this out for ourselves, it would have taken so much longer. There are multiple security checks before proceeding to Level 5 where the hotel is located.

The rooms are modern. Our room was very close to Reception but we didn't hear anything during the night. The bathroom is great. We had multiple issues with the TV, but the staff assisted. We had dinner in the restaurant. There were enough options for us. Breakfast was more than adequate - pancakes and omelets made fresh.

All in all, we were very happy with opted to stay at Eaton Smart. It was so much easier than going into Delhi for the night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after by transit travellers. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our amenities, services and the overall layout of the hotel. It is a delight to note that all our services were at par with your expectations and that you had a great stay. Our team in the kitchen is delighted at your special mention of their efforts and looks forward to serving you again.

Many thanks for your custom; we look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

It was my third time staying at the Eaton Hotel, Delhi Airport! Best part this time was that they had an attendant waiting right as you exit the aircraft to escort you to the hotel!
Best for transit as you can check in late for your next flight! Moreever the most secure hotel/place that you can find in Delhi! Especially great for women or kids travelling alone!
Rooms and service is all ok. Just that they have to add more channels on their tv! Another they should keep toothbrush and toothpaste as complimentary which saves you the pain of not re opening your own bag! Overall quite satisfied and you won't find a better place for transit in Delhi!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dins890
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Return guests are a wonderful testimony of our services and amenities and we thank you for your choice of Eaton Smart.

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after transit travelers. It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed our amenities, services and the overall layout of the hotel. We strive to serve our guests with utmost flair and it makes us happy that you found our hotel safe and reliable. Our associates will be thrilled with the recognition through your review. This will encourage them to continue working with perfection.

Many thanks once again for your patronage and we will look forward to your next visit.