“report on our stay in suncourt hotel”

FabHotel Suncourt Karol Bagh
Ranked #126 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was staying here in August 2012 for 2 nights. Raz, actually the Manager welcomed us with much and much kindness. He helped us in all means such ; tourism information, where to find anything that we could!nt find ourselves...
As well, Raz managed to make our room ready, clean and nice as it never did happen while our whole stay in India (5 weeks) >
On the other hand, his kindness and his professional skill decided us to have our dinner in the hotel restaurant. However our first decision was to go in town center to have dinner. I must say that we enjoyed our evening and food a lot.
Well, in a word we warmly recommand this hotel, his staff, and espacially to Raz the hotel Manager
Guy MATRICON - France

Room Tip: Our room includes comfortable beds, AC, Large TV screen, and a fine decoration. Bathroom is fully eq...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Guy980
akt1957, Owner at FabHotel Suncourt Karol Bagh, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

There are newer reviews for FabHotel Suncourt Karol Bagh

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great hospitality of the staff.
Area was quite and eay to reach most important pints for sightseeing.
Rooms are clean and was the only hotel that cleaned the room every day.
Reall good! One of the best choices inDelhi!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hi, My name is M.A.SANATH KUMAR, from Bangalore..I had stayed in this hotel in the month of june 2012..room was excellent.. even the complimentry Breakfast was tastyy.. It was Post summer..still A/C temperature in the room was cozy.. No wonder, I'll be visiting Delhi, in the month of October 2012, for Formula One Race.. I"ll stay in the same hotel.. along with my few friends..
Moreover even the Tariff of the room was not that Expensive.. Had A Great Time..

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter..
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Quality297628

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Hi,
My names Farhan, n i am from Cochin.,

I had a stay at this lovely hotel which I felt like home..,I came here to stay for 1 day which was extended for 4 days.,, with that, the experience I had was excellent.,

The rooms had superb interiors., n about the beds it was soo cozy n comfortable.,, I never felt I was away from home..,the rooms r, as it was pictured., n it was clean., the price was fine cus it had a good facilities n service which was satisfactory..,

Personally I din hav much from restaurant., as it was overly priced., but the food was ok.., n I also had daily breakfast free.,,

N about the staff over here are quiet friendly.,, not scary or rude., as I experienced from few other hotels n
Delhi., especially Mr. Raj at the Reception whose a very kind person..,
Thanks

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank han147

Reviewed April 16, 2012

we were on an intrepid tour and this hotel was booked for us. It was a good place to stay. The staff were friendly and the receptionists did a fantastic job for us. Organising transport and enjoying that we were happy was key to them. I did have a problem with a breakfast I ordered as it took ages to arrive - apart from that everything worked and we had a very good stay there. It is not far from the restaurant 'Spicy by Nature' - excellent food and sensible pricing

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank number240

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed here twice on our recent Intrepid tour of India - once at the beginning and then again at the end before flying home.
Very nice, small, clean and comfortable hotel.
Friendly and helpful staff, especially the managers Raj and Rana on the front desk. They organised a taxi for us a couple of times including a MUV that we hired all day for a last tour of the city and to get us back to the airport - very reasonable rate and friendly driver.
Rooms very comfortable and well appointed, we had an excellent double bed in both the rooms we had.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank marea260

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here while part of a 9 person Intrepid Tour. We stayed one night at the beginning and one night at the end of the tour. It appeared to me that Intrepid basically keeps this hotel in business with its many small tour groups that frequent it.

The hotel rooms appeared as pictured. In general, I found my room to be clean and functional. (though, no top sheet, which DOESNT feel clean.) I feel that it is inconveniently located of tourists. The hotel is within walking distance to a market...that is really of no interest to most tourist (think of super cheap and tacky looking dime store clothes and shoes). No restaurants that I would recommend nearby either. Mostly, lots of itty bitty tiny kiosks nearby selling basic sundries.

I don't like feeling like I'm being taken advantage of...and this hotel made me feel that way. I would recommend avoiding them for taxi calling and recommendations. They tack on a significant extra amount (650 rupees instead of the 385 I paid from the airport.). Plus, in getting a taxi to the Red Fort, against my better judgement and voiced opinion, they insisted that we pay the 750 rupee cost and have the taxi take us there, wait for us and bring us back.. Bad choice. Much much better to take one cab there that can drop you at the front gate and a different cab back (easy to get...everywhere!) that you can return from at the main gate. We were short on time and spent an additional solid 50 minutes time and energy walking to and from the Red Fort entrance to the parking lot where our taxi was waiting for us.

I personally did not eat at the restaurant, but the tour members that did avoided it after one meal.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank sfcitygirl
akt1957, Owner at FabHotel Suncourt Karol Bagh, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Hello Sfcitygirl California.
first of all i will like to thank you for your reveiws. before giving my reply i will like to apologise for inconvinience you had to face in our hotel. you have complained about the location. our hotel is located in karolbagh which is almost in centre of new delhi city. it is easily approachable from airport & railway stn & bus stand. it is just 3km from connaught place. metro stn & market is nearby.
your second complaint is that there is no restaurant nearby. i will like to mention there are numerous resturants & fast food outlets of various international brands in karolbagh market which is at a walkable distance. a 5 star hotel namely siddhartha is just 1.5 or max 2 km from our hotel. a famous restaurant namely alfa spice by nature is just nearby.
your next complaint is regarding taxi charges. u paid only 385 while coming from airport & they charged u 650. i will enquire about it. i will like to mention something about taxi in delhi. pls do not think that i am taking side of my staff. while coming from airport u got a taxi from pre paid counter. these are non ac taxi. the taxi rate also increases if u r travelling at night. further while going to airport taxi charges more because they have to come back empty. they r not allowed to pick passengers from airport.
your next complaint is about charging 750 for going to red fort waiting there & back. u urself have given right idea that one should take one way taxi as u need not pay waiting charges. i will surely tell my staff to guide customers & tell them both options in future.
lastly ur freinds complaint regarding food i have taken it very seriously. i have instructed my cook to take special care while cooking for foreigners. he should use less oil & food shold not be spicy. i have also told the stewards to ask guest what kind of food he will prefer.
i once again apologise for the inconvinience u faced at our hotel.
i am very thankful for ur reveiws.
we get to know our mistakes & try to remove them.
i am sorry to reply late as i came to know about this facility that we can reply to our guest on tripadvisor just yesterday.in future i promise to give u or any of ur freind coming to delhi a very good service & a family atmosphere. not only u but i will give special attention to every guest in future.
i wish u all the best in ur life. may god bless u . you may acheive every thing in ur life that u desire.
thank you once again. see u soon