“decent stay”

Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
Ranked #42 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed January 31, 2014

stayed for 2 nights with my brother in this property which was Hilton DoubleTree before. the rooms are nice and the bed was highly comfortable - really had a good sleep on both nights. unlike other star hotels the per day rates for internet was deccent but still on the higher side. the toiletries, 4 bottles of mineral water, fruits on the house daily, chocolates on the bed every night - the frills were really good and of quality. but what would definitely suggest for improvement is the breakfast which had the same spread on both days and some of the items were not good. the chef made a masala omlette though I specifically said stuffed.swimming pool is under maintenance though they allow you to use the one of Crowne plaza next door. overall, if you get the room at good price worthwhile to stay but if the rates are high do explore other options.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Scott T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear jxpd,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent stay with us.

We are glad that your overall experience was positive and you enjoyed your stay with us. Your suggestion are most welcome and I have asked my Execuitve Chef to look into the breakfast spread for variety.

We hope to see you again in the near future and would be delighted to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights last winter (back when it was still Doubletree) and it was a really great hotel. Very close to one of the temples in the vicinity called Akshardham but far from everything else. Even downtown Delhi required a good half hour or more by local transport. If it wasn't for hotel chain I probably wouldn't have stayed here but still the service was excellent and something you would expect in high-end hotel chains. Everyone was really professional and the room was spacious and I always love having a bath that has a large window into your room that makes it less claustrophobic. Breakfast was really good and service was quick. Tried the spa and the salon services. Massage and facial were great although the haircut I got didn't really match the service you get from pros. The swimming pool was average in size and pretty much useless during cold winters. Check in and check out were fast and reception were nice enough to arrange an outside taxi to the airport. If you don't mind the distance or if you've got business nearby then go ahead and stay here. There's an easily accessible metro outside anyway but may require a good 10 minute walk on your part.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the temple seems better and the higher the better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear drmcflurry,

My team and I thank you for sharing your recent experience at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is very well located and clean. However, the staff the the hotel is one of the worst I have come across. I received a call from the hotel at 2 AM to settle some bill of Rs 400 even though they had taken credit card guarantee!
Even at the time of the check in, even though they took a lot of time, they were completely unapologetic!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear hereigoagain54,

I'm very sorry to learn that the service shortfall and inconveniences you encountered affected what could have been a pleasant stay. I wish to assure you that we have since taken positive steps forward to review and improve our processes, as well as uphold the high standards of our service delivery through the hotel's on-going training programmes.

We hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality that my team always strive to deliver. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for staying with us.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We booked to travel the Golden Triangle with Premier Holidays as part of a Round The World Trip through RTW experts and this was our first stop. Excellent hotel, good sized rooms and nice choice of botH western and Indian foods.
Nothing too much trouble and we think this ism down to the excellent service provided by Premier Holidays. They met us at the airport, and had a rep ready to take us to the hotel and check us in to an up graded room! Can,t praise them enough.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Stevros,
Thank you for your compliments and recommendation of Holiday Inn New Delhi-Mayur Vihar-Noida. I am happy to read that your recent stay with us was comfortable and that you felt well-looked after by my capable team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to New Delhi.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The service and staff quality of this hotel is not upto the mark.
Once, I got a call in the middle of the night from the staff, for which they did not have any explanation the next day! Food options are limited.
This is a relatively newer property, and hence, more or less clean. The welcome cookie is worth having.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Suhas K,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are extremly sorry for the service shortfall you encountered during your stay.
Since your last visit in August, the hotel have changed brands and have now become Holiday Inn effective 16 December 2013. We hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality that my team always strive to deliver.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Although the hotel is close to the new Taj Expressway, and the metro station is only a third of a mile away, if you’re not comfortable with New Delhi’s metro or its chaotic traffic, you’re going to feel very isolated in this industrial area not remotely close to anything. Nevertheless, it worked well for two nights with our Gate1 travel group. Much more luxurious than the Holiday Inns where I have stayed in the US, public areas are beautiful in marble and wood, with stainless steel accents. Staff was helpful, friendly, and efficient. The breakfast buffet was plentiful with both western and Indian selections, but the food at the hotel’s restaurants and those of the adjacent Crowne Plaza is both mediocre and overpriced. And since the hotel is so isolated, there are no other dining or shopping options.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear KenCT,
Thank you for your generous compliments, we are glad that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your stay with us.

However we agree that Mayur Vihar Extension is indeed still under development to provide more dining and entertainment options. In the meantime, we recommend exploring our great city from the Blue Line Metro Station, which is only 500 metres away and connects guests to Delhi city centre within 20 minutes. Sector 18 for shopping and dining options is only 10 minutes away by car or taxi.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've been traveling to India many times. Therefore I'm used to a certain level of service. Even if a hotel is not perfect, usually the service is so high level that it almost makes you forgive the problems they may have in the infrastructure... Not in this case though.

We paid for an extra day to ensure that our early arrival won't be a problem -but they didn't have our rooms, didn't matter that they have confirmed the booking. Unpleasant at least -but the way they constantly lied about the reasons and next steps made it ridiculous. Telling us "two minutes" every half an hour is NOT helping. Plus when I told them that we will then have breakfast until the rooms are ready, the answer was: OK, but we charge the breakfast as extra, since you have no booking for today... I think you're getting the idea of the level of service-mindedness of this hotel.

The rooms themselves are OK by local standards, and even a bit above. Spacious, with normal quality furniture, average hotel beds and average pillows but comparably silent AC. The bathroom is OK, though they have this interesting window in the shower to the room (which can be covered with a dirty-looking shade). If you like kinky, this may be your thing (from the bed you can see what someone is doing on the toilet as well). However, no matter how much you like it, don't risk the round couch-like thing, others liked it too much before -it has some unremovable stains... There are at least plenty of power outlets (not always the case in hotels, eg. next to the bed) and OK TV with a good connecting system where you can plug your own media.

Internet however is just as bad as the service. It is sporadically available, and miraculously they managed to misconfigure the access point they put into my room after complaining, which is not easy to do! So prepare for bad access if your room is at an unlucky location. And yeah, if you somehow manage to connect, you have to select a payment plan, even though it is a free service. Do not ask the front desk about this though, unless you want to be lectured in an incredibly condescending way.

Cleaning is inconsistent, sometimes you get towels that have a few too many brown stains on them than you would like, not everyone is re-filling the shower gel and you may need to use shampoo, some cleaners put your bathroom stuff at one place, then another one rearranges them etc...

Front desk staff is not aware even of the basics, eg. one telling us that the bar and restaurant is 24/7, and when coming back at night and finding it closed, someone else saying that no, it never was 24/7...

But none of these matter. Because what happened on the day before the last is so unbelievably unprofessional that just makes the small stuff irrelevant.

I specifically reconfirmed the length of my stay while checking in, the day after, and the day after, with different front desk staff members. I thought I can be reasonably sure that the booking is not screwed up any more, after 3 people told me the same thing. Then when I went to sleep early on the day before the last, I was woken up by staff entering my room. So these guys are standing there, not even knowing what do they want (repeating that they just have to check the room), trying to contact the front desk on their mobile so they talk to me -so I shout at them and they leave. As it turns out, since I didn't pick up the phone (while sleeping), they wanted to check if I left without paying. Because they managed to mix up my departure date, regardless of 3 people telling me the opposite, and thought I should've left that day. But it comes to their mind at 10pm to check, why someone didn't check out at noon...? At least shouting at the manager on duty made them not to disturb me again for the night, and this is the only good thing I can say about the service here.

There are many hotels in Noida and Delhi. You will get better service even in the worse category ones than in this hotel. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Scott T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear n0rdicguy,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida. As we continue to work towards delivering quality service and stay experiences for all our guests, we truly appreciate receiving detailed and constructive feedback from guests such as yourself.

I'm very sorry to learn that the service shortfall and inconveniences you encountered affected what could have been a pleasant stay. I have made sure that all the issues you have brought up, have been conveyed to the relevant departments for prompt action and rectification where required.

I have also personally discussed the issues in depth with my team and we recognise that there had been problem at various levels, we certainly could have handled our communications with you better.

I wish to assure you that we have since taken positive steps forward to review and refine our processes, as well as uphold the high standards of our service delivery through the hotel's on-going training programmes. It is our commitment to provide our guests with the five-star and seamless stay experience expected of a luxury hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Delhi
Fraser Suites New Delhi
#181 of 712 in New Delhi
Pahar Ganj
Park Inn By Radisson New Delhi IP Extension

Been to Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida? Share your experiences!