“Decent Hotel for the price but inefficient staff”

Alpina Hotels & Suites
Ranked #155 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Chennai (Madras), India
“Decent Hotel for the price but inefficient staff”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Hotel is quite clean and the rooms are small but tidy. The rates are quite good (when compared to the options). The staff is friendly but not quite efficient. When I got there I learned that my room confirmation was 'missed' by the GM even after he sent me an email confirmation a couple of days ago. Moreover, I was asked to check out two days earlier than scheduled they were full booked and couldn't accommodate me . However the hotel arranged for me to be moved to a hotel a couple of blocks away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ramses1983

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Alpina hotel is to be searched for its existance amongst the multistory buildings of the area and one can easily miss it for just another residential building. I had to spend nights and because of festive season in Delhi, remaine confied to the room most of the time. Hotel being in a residential area does not offer a view outside the window and it is advisable not to peek into the neighbour's windows. Access to the rooms if through a ground parking place and the reception is at the first floor...quite an unusual thing. The rooms are clean and the best thing is the free wifi inside your room. The restaurant provides good Indian food at very reasonable price and the taste is authentic as well as homely. Shopping place is at a walking distance which makes the stay convenient. Hotel does not provide newspaper in the morning which could help travellers in planning their day in the city. Overall a good hotel but ....

Room Tip: All rooms are alike and no good outside view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Bhupendraa
Bangalore
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed with my wife and daughter for 2 nights at the start of a trip round Rajasthan. We've been in India for the last 2 1/2 years so knew what to expect from a mid-price hotel.
Rooms were small, but fairly clean. Basic breakfast - mostly indian. Room service was available pretty much 24hours for snacks. Free wi-fi.
Big plus was that it was quiet at night as it's not on a busy street. However the building is a typical cheap concrete structure so if you had noisy neighbours or people moving around in the corridor the sound will travel straight through. There was slightly wierd background music playing all the time in the corridor which was audible in the room.
Most of the staff were helpful except for the reception attendant, who was thoroughly miserable. I had to argue with him at around midnight when we arrived, as we had booked an extra bed but there was none in the room. Apparently none were available ... except they were when I insisted!
Wouldn't particularly choose to stay there again, though it was OK.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank UK_Expat_100
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I am a travel agent and just returned from India. Alpina Hotel was my first accommodation, which could not have been more inviting. This hotel has been totally redone since early this year. Hence every picture I saw online before booking was as tastefully decorated and clean as the pictures show. The helpfulness of staff, and the luxury of the rooms made my stay for 2 nights a great start. If you enjoy the flavor of a small Boutique Hotel, you will love this place for its warm intimacy and location.

I made an inspection of the hotel, and want to also recommend it for anyone, company or organization needing a conference room, or a terrace to hold a reception. They would be able to accommodate a moderate size group for business, and even a small wedding reception.

The hotel is just a short ride by tutuk to the old city and many important sights, and a short walk to an enclosed mall if anything is needed. What was particularly impressive to me was how quiet the rooms were from all the busy street traffic. I even had a garden view from my window, which was on one side wall of the hotel. I did use the restaurant and was very pleased.

If you should need any information before booking, please contact Mr. Prem Parkash, Gen. Mgr, who helped me in making arrangements for a private guide to see the sights, as well as shuttle service from the airport. I found the Indian people so helpful in assisting tourists and do it with such grace. Alpina's staff is no exception to the rule.

I know you will find my experience can be yours as welll. You can reach Mr. Prem by email to his attention at info@alpinahotels.com

I

Room Tip: I loved being on the first floor. Since I am a single traveler, I felt it convenient to leave my ro...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Saundra3
San Diego
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife & I stayed there for five nights in early August 2011. The room was clean and very nice. The staff and manager were very helpful. They were very flexible concerning check-in and check-out hours. The restaurant was good and reasonable. It is in an upscale neighborhood. We took a "tuk-tuk" to the metro & back. There is a local shopping area within walking distance (less than 1/2 mile) with American restaurants such as Domino's, Subway, and Ruby Tuesdays (ask directions to it).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jerecer
Reviewed July 30, 2011

stayed there for 3 nights great staff and service absolutely clean and new modern fixtures and fittings and in a very peaceful area transport by tuk tuk is freely available good breakfast very well prepared .quality noted thanks for the lovely stay will definately stay there again rates were affordable

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SKYErain
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife and I are currently on a 'round-the-world' tour and during our stop in New Delhi, we stayed at the Alpina. It was a great place to stop. The staff was nice, the rooms were clean, and provided us with a nice place to stay on our stopover.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
#146 of 707 in New Delhi
New Haven Hotel
#215 of 707 in New Delhi
Queens Residency
#65 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hotel Comfort Zone
#306 of 707 in New Delhi
The Allure - A Boutique Hotel
#200 of 707 in New Delhi

Been to Alpina Hotels & Suites? Share your experiences!