“Loved my Experience”

Ranked #426 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Hicksville, New York
“Loved my Experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

When it comes to picking out a nice place to stay my priorities are always to find a place that’s hygienic and very comfortable. Traveling for the first time with my 10-month-old daughter made my search for a hotel even tougher and my needs much greater. After lots of research and brainstorming, I came across Sage Hotel. Its beautiful view, convenient location and the great reviews had me sold in an instant.
Upon arriving at the hotel and living there for one week I can definitely say that everything I experienced during my stay was much more than I had seen on their website or read in the reviews. The cleanliness and facilities in the suite were beyond what I have ever experienced in any of the hotels I have stayed at before. The suite was definitely kid friendly and convenient for my daughter to get around. The room service was always available anytime we needed anything. There was always someone available with a helping and cheerful hand. They even had wi-fi connection available in the rooms, which was a huge plus.
As great as the room was inside, the view outside was even more breathtaking. The hotel faces the historic Qutab Minar, which for someone visiting Delhi is a great view to wake up everyday to.
The best part of this hotel was the amazing food that they had. From breakfast to dinner, every meal was something to look forward to everyday. I have been to a lot of restaurants in Delhi and hands down the food at our hotel was the best I have ever tried.
Overall my experience at Sage hotel was a very memorable one. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a place to stay during the visit. I cannot wait to go back to stay at Sage Hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Gracyb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Overall great hotel and I had a great stay for a week. It's in an upscale neighborhood (upscale India, not US). And there is a Cafe Coffee Day real close (like Starbucks). I ate there everyday. Good food, not great, but good. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank records E
Dehradun, India
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We travelled from Dehradun and chose the Sage Hotel for its Location, the hotel provides with excellent service, the rooms are beautiful and very well kept, the breakfast was ok . I would highly recommend this hotel, the Sage Hotel experience turned out to be an ideal choice with its relaxing ambience, elegantly furnished rooms and service,providing an oasis of sanity in the midst of mind-numbing madness of Delhi. It was also nice to go into the city and return to a quiet place at the end of the day!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was concerned before the trip due to the a previous review but had very minor complaints.

This hotel was good and served it's purpose as it was a short stay due to a business trip. I stayed on the 3rd floor (not too sure if was executive room) but the room and bathroom were clean. There was free internet access and you just need to request the login by the reception staff. So for the cost of the room, I would certainly recommend staying here.

The only negative points I would mention are that the gym was not open (but advertised on the website) and the breakfast was minimal - was unsure if it was self-service or not as there appeared to be a waiter every so often wandering round!

Room Tip: Probably opt for a middle room on a floor due to the far end apparently it can be noisy with the cle...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank arnold494
Panjim, India
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Executive Rooms are compact but well designed, Superior Rooms are good as they are spacious. Since the property is new, the rooms are good and well kept. Complimentary breakfast needs enhancement as limited menu is served and refilling takes very long time this is one area they need to concentrate.
Overall the hotel is comfortable for a stay and enjoyable. Restaurant Food is tasty and room service very prompt. I strongly recomment this hotel for a stay around Saket and south Delhi.

Room Tip: for Singles - Executive Rooms are fine but for 2 people superior room will be advisable
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Freq_Travellerz
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Client had booked the place through their travel agent so they did not know of the place.

It was an all-negative experience beginning with the rooms that had some strange decorations, hastily-made beds which had both bedbugs and a strange odour. What surprised me the most was that the mini-bar had rate card with no items in it except half a bottle of soda.

The food as served in the room was okay but the breakfast had rotten or rotting fruit and sandwiches with dead flies.

We checked out hastily the very next morning despite the client having booked the place for 10 days.

Room Tip: Best tip: Avoid the hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bazked

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Visited India on a tour.
This hotel was the last hotel used on the tour b4 we flew back to the UK.

This hotel was easy to find and really close to the airport, 30 minutes but we left like 5am.

Checkin was a bit odd. Didnt think he expected us. Very cold reception by the checkin clerk. He then asked if we wanted a single room!!!!!!, or double room. I asked for a twin room.
We were offerred cold water on arrival which is always good after driving from Mandawa to Delhi.

The hotel had an nice lobby which doubled as the restaurant.
The hotel although looked clean smelt a bit funny, couldnt tell u what it was, paint thinner?. But they were undergoing renovation I am sure.

We were on the third floor and there is an elevator.
The room was spacious and the beds were the most comfortable. The sheets and towels were clean. Had a great sleep.
The bathroom was a good size and there was complementary soap/shampoo etc.
The water pressure wasnt that good to start with. There was no hot water in the evening 6pm, we called reception and 10mins later we had hot water.

The room had a safe and LCD TV, complementary coffee/tea and the mini bar was very reasonable priced.

There was no view to talk about. and we didnt venture outside off the hotel.

Dinner was really good, off the 6 hotels we stayed at in India we thought the food here was very good. Good portions and prompt service although the waiter took some time as his english wasnt the best. But he did try his best.

We were leaving at 445am and there was no option for a packed breakfast, even though other hotels offered this.
The night b4 I asked to clear the bill because I knew that we would be leaving very early. The staff said no, we will do that early in the morning. We told them we were leaving very early.
ANd now the bad bits, there was no hot water at 4am, we called reception and after 10mins of trying to explain what we wanted, we got a knock on the door with someone with bottled mineral water!!!!! This wasnt amusing as we needed to get to the airport pronto.
They finally understood what we wanted and said 20mins to get hot water. I had a shower in tepid water but my partner couldnt as the water wasnt hot and and we would be late for the airport if we waited.
Check out was another fiasco, after the porter woke up the receptionist, the poor guy wasnt sure what he was doing..... but I guess I would be if someone just woke me up. But he tried. He asked I used anything from the minibar and I paid in cash but he had no change!!!!
Even though he had just woken up, he was polite.

This hotel has potential to be very good.
Because the food was so good, and I had a good sleep I would try this hotel again. Would have given this hotel a 4 out of 5 if there were no hot water issues.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family