Classic Diplomat - New Delhi
$110
$174
$168
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$272
$161
Agoda.com
$99
$89
$169
$119
All reviewsclose to the airporttransit hoteldelhi airportchain of hotelson demandrestaurant food isaerocity metro stationan extra bedrooms are decentmain roadstayed here for one nighttasty foodroom servicenice hotelbusiness tripcomfortable stayconvenient location
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Recommended only for transit passenges, Wifi does not work on higher floors, no water heaters in rooms and main heaters are turned on only by 6 am. Staffs are not so helpful. Less then 10 minutes drive from Delhi International airport

Ideal hotel for layover , hotel is clean and beds are very comfortable. Not worth for the price.

Room Tip: Demand lower floors for better wifi access.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel but my experience was not good at all. I had asked for a particular pick up but some other car was sent at the airport. Next day I asked for another car but after waiting for one hour I was offered a small vehicle which I rejected. Later another car was brought but the driver refused to go to my destination. Manager apologised for the mix up but by that time I had lost my patience Nd arranged my own pick up to go to my destination.
Later the management offered me a discount of 20% in dinner as a sop but next morning while paying my bill I was told that we can give only 15% as no one had given the instructions for special discount!!
Mess at every step.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Location, location, location
The amazing thing about this hotel is its location. Right smack near the airport and the provide free airport drop off. Some of the places can charge you a lot for this service. The Delhi traffic is quite a challenge. Get to the airport real early, if you are in Terminal 1, you get to browse and see many lovely things. Some may be overpriced like the Pashmina shawls and artificial jewellery. Nice restaurants but getting a decent chai at the prices you do outside is next to impossible so settle for tepid Mc Donald beverages.
We checked in our luggage a couple of days ahead of our travel to Kashmir to avoid being overcharged by GOAir. They have an impossible limit of 15 kgs for checked in luggage. But it was great that we did because the security checks at Kashmir was daunting to say the least. Three full body pat downs and x-ray treatment for luggage. We found the heater not so toasty in our room. So we arrived really bloody late and crashed unceremoniously. Shower was not fixed, a technician came speaking no English and sullying our pristine bathroom floor! I complained downstairs, no one broke a sweat.
Attractions near and far
Lots of yummy food on the street, in the cold air-conditioned restaurants and convenience stores. I had the best egg and vegetables fried rice in a Korean store. Nice imported over runs available along the hotels' stretch. You can jump into and rickshaw, pay Rp 200 - 250(one way) to head some way to Janpath Chowk and Connought Place. Here you can't go wrong. It is a galore of lovely things to buy and splurge. Affordable to just watch and wish in the display windows items.

Room Tip: Good for reaching the airport quick and free drop off, other wise go else where.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very clean and confortable as a cheap transit hotel. 10 mins from the airport, good restaurant.

Staff not so helpful (asked 3 times to turn off the music in the corridor at 21.30), 4 short blackout in 4 hours, annoying if outside is 38° and you need some A/C...

Good value for price

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank quark2001
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited classic diplomats to attend a family marriage, we stayed here for three days.
It was a enjoyable stay with total comfort and fun, the rooms were clean tidy and spacious enough.
Behavior and service of the staff was excellent. Everything went smooth.
Location was great close to market and airport.
Only one thing we could find messy was the parking space but that could be neglected due to traffic and space problem in Delhi.
Rest everything was perfect.
Front office staff was very polite and helpful specially Mr. Vikas
Special thanks to MR. Sunny Rana the GM for his concern.
A sure recommended place
Keep it up., best wishes
Regards
Avinesh

Room Tip: take rooms on ground floor!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family