“Near airport and clean”

Classic Diplomat - New Delhi
Ranked #533 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice while in India for 6 weeks. My stays were always in transit and for 1 night only each time. My room was spotless and comfortable. And they can arrange for pickup and drop off an the airport or the train stations. The restaurant that is part of the hotel served good meals. I did experience some noise from the club that is in the basement. I was on the bottom floor in room 007 (Bond...James Bond). But it wasn't unbearable. The price was a little high for my room, but a good value. So I have no complaints and will stay here in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Classic Diplomat - New Delhi

Reviewed March 14, 2013

After being in Rishikesh for a week it was time to head home to Hong Kong. I had a 10 hour layover in Delhi before catching my flight. I was looking for something near to the Airport, clean and easy. The Classic Diplomat met all of these very well.

Room Tip: The room was reasonably quiet given the sounds of India always permeating the senses. It's alway...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I booked this hotel due to early departure. Hotel I понравился. good beds and hot water were in this hotel. I was there only one night and I was very pleased with. Will recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2013

After the seemingly common event of India transportation mishaps (pre-poned flight and a 12 hour delay on train while onboard) we found ourselves with two separate layovers in New Delhi. Because of the size and traffic, we didn't want to move far away from the airport, so both times we happily checked in to the Classic Diplomat.

The hotel itself was clean and with a modern decor. The staff was very attentive and nice. The bed was the most comfortable I had in all of India, and the TV had tons of channels to choose from. The bathroom even had little shampoos, shaving kits, comb...

Heating, however, was not optimal. We happened to hit Delhi on the coldest day in 44 years, right after being in the sweltering heat of Southern India, so the rooms were quite cold. The rooms are only equipped with air-conditioning, so they brought in a space heater which warmed things up. Also, while the showers do get hot, it lasts only for about five minutes. So be fast!

The neighborhood is kind of sketch, but has a couple of tasty restaurants and ample grocery stores to stock up on road trip snacks. Most likely, if you're staying in this neighborhood, it's just between one place and another - so overall, the Classic Diplomat is a great choice for this.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cristina M
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I felt very comfortable here (not sure if its because we just came from a terrible, sketchy, and dirty hotel down the street) the service was very professional and friendly, the rooms were very clean and MOST importantly, to me anyway, the bathroom was very clean with a nice bug shower with hot water! Room service and complimentary breakfast were great!

What really impressed me was we wanted to see the Taj Mahal in Agra which is about 3 hours away and they set us up with a driver to bring us there (leaving at 4 am!) and back in time for our flight out of Delhi. They even packed us some sandwiches and bananas for the car ride there!!

I'm not a big fan of the city of Delhi, but staying at this hotel made me feel safe and comfortable and was a relief to have staff you could actually trust.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Stephycarmel
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was there end of November, since I had an overnight transit at Delhi. The hotel was very close to the airport, which came handy to me, because for the early morning flight.

The room was clean and nicely maintained. The staff members were helpful with nice in house restaurant with excellent ambiance.

I recommend this hotel for every one!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kgprashanth
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Classic Diplomat on our last evening of a three and a half week tour around northern India: we wanted somewhere close to the airport as we were due to fly out the following morning. The hotel was like any good hotel you'd find in a western European or US city: it was ideal for our purposes as somewhere comfortable to stay for our last night before flying home.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple