“Too hyped!”

Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar
Ranked #55 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
“Too hyped!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hotel's architecture is quite beautiful. But the management and the services is very poor and slow.
Just to get my one hand luggage and a laptop bag to my room and to provide me the room keys they had taken approximately 20 minutes. After providing the room key, no staff to take me to the room. I had to request at the reception that , can someone tell me on which floor the room is and if their staff is not so busy can some one please drop the luggage and show us the room. Or the guests here are suppose to find their own way.
After paying my room bill by a debit card, at the time of check inn
The idiot at the reception asked - " Sir , how would you settle your food bill, by cash or card ".
I mean is it even logical or you are so dumb to ask such a question.
A little advise when you check inn - DO NOT CALL FROM THE HOTELS PHONE. they charge you freaking Rs.100 per min + service charges + service tax extra, for a simple STD call. So you might never know that a STD call would charge you a tariff equivalent to what you have paid for the room.

Transport is a big problem in the area where the hotel is situated.

Abhishek Gupta
stayed on 11th ,12th of April,2014

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Abhishek G
Preet S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar, responded to this review, April 18, 2014

Greetings from Radisson Blu hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for such a generous feedback about our facilities and staff. I deeply regret that you faced inconvenience at the time of arrival please accept my sincere apologies for the same. Regarding the Telephone charges, I would like to assure you that our rates are competitive in comparison to all similar level hotels and we focus upon providing complete value for money. We do not wish to inconvenience our guests and we deeply value your patronage.

I do hope you will not let this isolated incident influence your perception about us and accord us another opportunity to showcase our hospitality.

Preet Inder Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mauritius
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My parents, my brother and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel in December 2013. We spent a night in a hotel at Karol Bagh initially and then shifted to Radisson Blu. It was definitely the best thing that we did! Breakfast buffet is awesome! A good variety was provided -Indian breakfast, Continental along with some Chinese dishes too! I loved the Danish pastries and different cheese provided. Excellent service. The room was spacious, very modern, well decorated and extremely clean! Staff was very warm and helpful. Bed was super comfy and I slept like a baby! Bathroom was very clean too.
The only thing is that we had to travel a bit to reach city centre or other places of interest! But hey.. knowing that after all the travelling and sightseeing you'd come back to the Radisson Blu raised our spirits! :)
We also visited the Indyaki restaurant and absolutely loved the food served! Service was first class! Tried beetroot halwa for the first time and the chef made us some onions bhujias (I hope it's correct! )

I would definitely go back whenever I visit Delhi in the future.

Reena Fowdar - Mauritius

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank reena27fowdar

Greetings from Radisson Blu hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for your fabulous appreciation for the overall room, amenities, facilities and service. I am glad to note you enjoyed your breakfast and that the choice of cuisine over the menu was upto your liking which made our hotel as your first choices to stay in the city. Feedback such as yours is indeed a great motivation to our team to go ahead an extra mile to achieve the best of service standard.

Our associates express gratitude to you for your kind acknowledgement of the service areas and also the chef and the team is delighted to make your dining experience wonderful.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Hotel and be at your service.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We have organised wedding ceremony of my brother on November 2012 and booked five rooms. We really liked the arrangement and the hotel is superb. After that we visited the hotel many times for lunch or dinner. One of the best hotel in delhi, peaceful.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. choose bigger rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NikhilGuptaPeeAar

Greetings from Radisson Blu hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for your delightful comments about the rooms, ambience, food & service. I am glad to note that you had a wonderful stay and the dining experience exceeded your expectations. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for the team.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed in this hotel in september 2013and october 2013 for 3 times on different dates.
They upgaded me to a suite and i would say that the staff made were courteuos and made my trip very comfortable.
Its a five star property and very well maintained rooms
Would love to stay again and again

Room Tip: the suites are very good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank hsjhaveri

Greetings from Radisson Blu hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for taking time out to write about your wonderful experience at our hotel.

I'm glad that we succeeded in creating a memorable stay experience for you and you choose to come back again to relive the experience, I feel extremely elated by your kind acknowledgement of the same. Your positive comments are a great motivation for the team.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The stay was very nice,
Staff and service: as we entered the hotel we found a very welcoming staff, who brought no hustle and completed the formalities, I even asked them for the Laptop power cord which they cudn't arrange but they made best possible efforts. the overall room service was upto mark.

Room: the room was very nice and spacious, exactly the same you find on travel websites with a Large LCD TV and DTH connections, nice mini bar etc, the Bed was very comfortable, overall beautiful interiors.
Bathroom, was loaded with everything and nice toiletries but i missed a bathtub which should be there considering its a five star.
location: the hotel is in west delhi and highly recomemded if you are having work in west delhi only.
if you have to travel to south delhi, central delhi, then see other options.
near location you will find a departmental store, dominos pizza too.
breakfast: in the morning you will find yourself loaded with a mouth watering breakfast.

traveled on 18 jan, 2014

Room Tip: Taking Delhi Metro could be a bit hectic if you are carrying bags and need to change trains, take...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VikalpGupta

Greetings from Radisson Blu hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, It is a pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations with our overall layout and hospitality standards.

We strive to offer the best of everything to our guests and extend a pleasant experience. Having said this, we have also noted down your preference about the bath tub and on your next visit we would like to show you our Business class category of rooms that are equipped with four fixture bathroom having the facility of the bathtub and would be happy to book the one of your choice.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel and be at your service to experience the other facilities the Hotel has to offer to our discerning guests like you.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Radisson blue is located about an hour's drive from the airport. It is mostly used by businessmen or by tour operators.. The first impression is that of a good 4-5 star standard. The 12th floor “business class room” was spaciously laid out. They are equipped with a comfortable bed, a large writing desk, a relax chair, large TV and amnesties such as a kettle for the coffee and tea making.
The bad building substance, wall paper that peels off and amateurish repairs in the bath room are incompatible with the class of the hotel. Internet is free and reliable. The bathroom was equipped with a wide range of toilet articles which is customary in India.
The breakfast buffet was richly garnished, but tof rather poor quality and not of Radisson blue standard. The evening buffet did not convince either, however the a la carte Indian dishes are tasty and affordable.
The hotel is located on the ring road in an urban desert, completely cut off. A petrol station, DHL and a liquor store selling beer more expensive than the hotel are right next. There is no shopping or restaurants nearbywhich is worth to be mentioned here.
I would certainely not recommend this place for tourists. It is a bad starting point for a tourist, extremly hard to get a taxi in the evening from central Connaught Place back to the hotel. The drive took almost two hours due to persistent traffic jams. The hotel is a valid option for a business trip to the industrial zone of Kundli/Sonepat, which brought me to this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Radisson Blu hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Even though you have appreciated our property, facilities and service, I have noted your dissatisfaction pertaining to the room and quality of buffet was not upto your expectation. Please accept our sincere apologies for the same. I assure you that such an experience is an exception to the usual standards emphasized at our hotel.

I also regret that you found our location rather inconvenient, I am glad to know that in spite of that you had a comfortable stay with us.

We hope that you will not let this incident influence your perception about our hotel and accord us another opportunity to serve you better in future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 30, 2014

It was great pleasure to see prompt responses from Reservations Manager Ms. Amandeep Kaur during the process of reservation. She almost took care of every query raised not only thru mails prior to arrival but also during the stay.

Also Airport pick up was available on time.

However the entire anticipation of great hospitality collapsed once I reached the property early morning 5am after an international flight.

Only two people in Reception, one attending concierge cum bell desk and another on reception. Entire lobby was low lighted and looked empty.

I was assigned a deluxe suite which I had reserved for. However within few minutes of my arrival I realized the problem with the airconditioner system and found that it was not cooling at all.

Raised first complaint in the morning 7am. Technicians arrived and confirmed that they have fixed the issue. However again within two hours temperature started rising. Again the issue was raised and again technicians came in and confirmed once again now there will not be any problem.

However kept on getting hotter as the day was going ahead finally at 3pm I escalated this issue to Ms. Amandeep and she put the entire engineering department on the job. However finally I was shifted to another room in the same category where it was cooling and I was able to take rest after spending almost 12 hours of suffocation.

Beyond this issue, overall service of the people was excellent. Room had all amenities though the design was little bit unusual to have bed in the centre of the room and head board was attached to the writing table. Room Service Menu was kept in the drawer of the writing table which I had to find on getting to know the location from the room service department.

Inadequate dustbins was another issue realized, may be a small issue but makes life easier if they are visible and can be found without searching.

But all these infrastructure problems taken care by courtesy and hospitable service provided by people working for the hotel.

Room Tip: Try and find Room near the elevator as I faced long walk from elevator to the room main door
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo