“Coffee Shop at Radisson Blu, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi is very Poor!!”

Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar
Ranked #60 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My Wife called up Radisson Blue Hotel to reserve a Table for 2 people to celebrate our 15th Anniversary on 11/12/13. She was told that the Coffee Shop is totally booked and that she can only accomodate us if we reach by 830 pm. Office closed late, hence we were a bit late and shuddering if they would accomodate us. The name of Radisson made us think of great service, excellent food, nice and polite staff, wonderful ambience etc etc.We reached the Hotel some how and were astonished to find that One entire section having around 15 tables was only occupied by about 3 guests, while the other section seating capacity of 30 odd people was busy as there was a party. Totally confused we gathered some courage to enquire how things "happen" around as there was no one coming forward to help us though the hostess had guided us to a side table. Looking around we found the Salad table, but there were no Plates at the place. Waited patiently for 5 - 7 minutes thinking that some one would bring the plates, but to our dismay no one was even looking. Finally we asked the hostess again for the plates which she promptly got for us. Cold meat being served was actually not Cold enough.Similar Cold Meat Salad was there in 3 different offerings with one saying "Cold Meat", the other" Chicken" and the 3rd "Mixed". What is the point when they all looked the same and prepared in the same way!!! Looked for the sauces, which obviously didn't have any signage, thus one has to taste and find out which sauce is which. Sat on the table and after some time realised that the guys on the nearby table were being served some snacks and we also looked up at the guy serving as if implying that we are also guests here and not been served any snacks, So this guys walks over and enquires if we would liek to order any snacks? We said that we are here for the Buffet and that if it is a part of the buffet. "Yes it is" was the response and there was a smile on our faces as if happy to know that the buffet also had snacks. Three Non Veg ( Mutton, Fish Finger and Chicken Wings) and Three Veg (Mushroom, Paneer and Fried Cauliflower) were there in the menu. To which we requested for the Non Veg snacks only. 10 minutes later the snacks arrived with Mutton tasting ok, Fish Fingers delicious, while the Chicken wings were absolutely bland. It seemed that they purchased the wings, fried then in a batter of maida and brought it over to the guest after keeping it under the bulbs so that the oil could be soaked in and it still remained hot!! Useless Non Veg snacks. I don't know about any one of you but I think that Fish Fingers should be accompanied with Tartar Sauce, Which we asked for. "Sorry there is no tartar sauce". What??? You are a Hotel with a reputation and you do not have Tartar sauce which should be served with Fish Fingers? Upon much request, the server managed to get Mayo sauce!!!! Really this can't be happening!!! The guys do not know the difference between Mayo and Tartar?

Anyways, we moved to the main course" Pizza of the day, Pasta of your choice , Mutton Rogan Josh, Chicken, 3 veg subzis etc etc" Waited patiently at the Pasta counter hoping that one of the Chefs would come running asking if i wanted the pasta...no one came , busy chatting in one corner!! The server finally saw me and asked if I wanted the Pasta and told me that it would be served at the table. Had a bit of pasta, thought of tasting the rogan josh. Though the curry was good...the pieces of the mutton did not resemble the normal mutton that we are used to...no "champs" in the mutton. I asked one of the guys about the rogan josh not having any "champs or chops" and he said that he will find out and let me know. No response came. Moved back to the table to start with whatever I thought was good pieces of the Mutton , surprised to see the cutlery used during the previous meal set nicely on the table for me to reuse as if trying to tell me that the dishwasher isn't working and that you will have to use the same cutlery all over again. Pathetic!! The Sweet dishes were also not very great of what we associate ourselves wit Radisson chain.

Finally the Invoice came...the main copy was unreadable...reason.."Sir lagta hai ink khatam ho gayi, aap neeche wali copy dekh lijiye, isme total nazar aa jayega!! WTF!!! Paid the amount...didn't want to stay another minute...absolutely lousy staff, I think even the manager was shouting at his guys!! Really appalling service , not good service at all of what you expect from Radisson.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Preet S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback of your recent visit at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar. I sincerely apologize for your concerns and the experience you went through during your visit at Coffe Shop in the hotel. On behalf of the team here it is a matter of concern to know that the team members have not been cautious to pay attention to your needs, while it is our utmost focus to provide our valued guests such as you memorable experiences.

The incidents that occurred have been addressed to the Food and Beverage team with immediate concern & priority. Please be rest assured that its our ongoing effort to train our staff and sustain high level of service in the entire hotel, thereby improving upon the areas of concern. Once again please accept my profuse apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you and I assure you that I will be personally involved in taking the corrective measures.

On behalf of my team here we request you to give us a chance to be your host once again and provide us with your valuable feedback in the hope that we meet or exceed your expectations and make your dining experience a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Hotel and restoring your confidence in us.

Warm Regards.

Preet Inder Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The service in this hotel was the worst I’ve ever experienced. The check-in was protracted, inefficient and presided over by a rude and uninterested member of staff. She disputed the price of our online booking before conceding the correct price. No apology. She then lost my friend’s Marriot member card, before arguing it hadn’t been given to her in the first place. She finally found it and languidly handed it over. No apology. The bell boys seemed content to stand by idle, watching us struggle with our luggage, instead of offering assistance. When we asked them for help, they grudgingly took our bags.

When we got to the room, it was short of mineral water. My friend telephoned to request some; none arrived. She called again later, still no sign of it. We made a third request to the staff member who bizarrely appeared at our door looking for a copy of my friend’s passport (this having been missed during the shambolic check-in). The water never did arrive despite THREE separate requests. Instead we had to share one small bottle between two of us. I don’t care how nice the décor is in this place; when you have to go to bed thirsty the aesthetics are meaningless.

In the morning, we went down to breakfast. There were no seats as the waiting staff hadn’t bothered to clear a number of tables. When we finally sat down, the table was set with a fork and a spoon. No knives. This seems standard practice, as the same happened on day two of our stay. The breakfast was very tasty, but I was left wondering why we had to specially request knives, when the Western buffet contained meat that required to be cut.

Our key card stopped working on the second day. I approached the reception desk and explained this to the uninterested woman there (a different individual from the day before, but equally apathetic). She did not reply or acknowledge me at all, and instead turned to my friend and addressed her.

The people working in the bar were capable and chatty, and the guys who brought us coffee and knives at breakfast were prompt and friendly. Otherwise, every staff interaction was marked by apathy, incompetence, and a complete lack of customer service. Wholesale incompetence on this scale has to start at the top – the manager clearly hasn’t instilled any sense of responsibility or customer values to the staff here.

Do not give these people your money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Hotel. At the onset please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my entire staff here for all your disappointment that you experienced during your recent visit to the Hotel.

Reference to your feedback, I personally checked all the points mentioned in your feedback which was cause of concern. Certainly the experience you had in the hotel is not acceptable in hospitality industry.

I have taken up all the issues as mentioned by you and relooked at all over processes and systems. I would like to assure you that every feedback we receive is very valuable to us and help us improve our services. Your feedback has also helped us to emphasize more on the staff behavioral and structural trainings and thus assuring an improvement in the overall process.

We would request you to take this incident as one time. As a five star establishment we are proud to be able to consider ourselves as setting the bar for service standards. It is regretful that you were a victim of a rare lapse in those standards
We at Radisson Blu believe in 100% guest satisfaction and would like to assure you that we have taken your feedback and my team has a commitment that on your next visit you will have a wonderful and a flawless stay that would certainly change your opinion about us.
I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hotel and meeting you personally and ensuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm Regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have stayed here for a couple of times. The hotel is a little far from the CBD of Delhi but its presence on a major ring road ensures good connectivity at all times. The Rooms are plush. The furnishing is good. In-room amenities are sufficient for a pleasant stay. Breakfast provided is good and filling. The deduction of 1 star is only because of late room service. I ordered room service on both nights during my stay but the food was served very late. It took them a good 50-55 mins to serve one main course dish and breads. Recommended hotel if you are coming to this part of Delhi for a short business trip.

Room Tip: Choose a Non-smoking floor as smoking floors smell of smoke badly.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Radisson blu paschim vihar New Delhi during our visit to New Delhi this april.we (my self with my wife and our two kids my brother his wife and their two kids and my mom and dad) booked three rooms and stayed for four nights.
The rooms were spacious with comfortable bed.very friendly staff.very good ambiance.they had a very rich menu of breakfast items.food was very good.
they had an impressive fitness centre.
hotel offered free high speed internet at all rooms
only thing i found against them is the location.away from the major attraction.but there is a metro station at walkable distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Preet S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!
Thank you for your valuable feedback and words of appreciation for the overall services, ambience and for the hospitality of the staff. I am indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed the warmth of our spacious rooms and comfort of our beds and also our breakfast offerings that met your expectations.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel to savor our world cuisines and interactive kitchens that the hotel has to offer to our discerning guests like you.
Warm Regards.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We are a UK based family and we had a party for my sons Munan for 100+ people. The guest all said that they have never tasted such awesome food, all the staff have been so helpful. Me and my wife stayed in room 664 which is a suite and recommend to anyone staying the room is lovely. The rooms are clean, smell great the décor is great. The service has been great. If I was being picky the only delay we had was waiting for a bell boy as they must had been busy, I also feel with the air con off the room became cold. This is the best hotel in Delhi without a doubt the bar, restaurant and the all the staff are great. The staff even remembered me and my families names. A day before leaving at 11pm I needed to use a computer to check in to my flight, the staff allowed me to use private computers as the business centres were closed. Credit to Girish one of the managers of the hotel that helped me.
Didn’t try the pool but looked great! Keep up the great work, will be coming back to stay again

Room Tip: 664 the suite!!! You will love it! Especially the UK people
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Good 5* hotel in Delhi. Pleasant stay and good services. We reach there earlier though the didn't have booked category the upgrade us to business class room.Location of the hotel is nice. rooms were a bit small then expected but they were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Its nice and comfortable hotel to stay in paschim vihar, delhi. Service was good and the best part i like was the restauran. It was nicely design and excellent variety of breakfast items. The staff in the restaurant was attentive and helpful.
The rooms were tidy and nicely design. Make sure that if you are a non-smoker, please select non-smoker floor room else entire corridor and the rooms will be smelly because of the HVAC system.
One suggestion to the hotel admin is the lift operation is very slow. Only one lift was working at time and it was frustrating standing there for almost 8-10 minutes.

Room Tip: Select appropriate room as per your smoking habits.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business