“Two Meals Both Great”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bhubneshwar
“Two Meals Both Great”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

A leisurely break with the Misus took me to Delhi last weekend and I again had the pleasure of dining at the West View.First one was a dinner by myself at the American food promotion.Well there is nothing great about American food in terms of range so I was not expecting much in terms of the range and the spread.I was pleasantly surprised by the subtle variations the team of chef Aswin had created.The pulled pork burger was one of the high points.Add to that a wide array of drinks included in the cost of the meal and the value for money quotient went up by quite a few notches.Two days later I along with few friends had the pleasure of having the Sunday Brunch again and this time we were treated to some fantastic weather courtesy some much needed shower which made the greens overlooking the restaurant look glourious.and the food champagne and most importantly the service were upto their customary high standards.Anurodh and team.... Please keep the great work going so we keep coming back for more.

• Visited July 2014
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at West View The Grill Room, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review about West View, ITC Maurya. It is a delight to know that you enjoyed dining with us during our recent American food festival, and also had a great experience at our "Grand Mauryan Brunch".

We have shared your special compliments with Chef Ashwin and rest of our team, and they are also grateful for the same! We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fantastic meal, exceptional service, comfortable atmosphere”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

West View - The Grill Room deserves its five stars. We went for Sunday Brunch and were not disappointed, especially considering the reviews I had previously read here.

We were seated immediately at a table overlooking the park. Perfect spot. We were greeted promptly as our waiter explained how the brunch worked.

We began with the cold starters - an array of salads, cold cuts, breads, and cheeses all beautifully arranged on a large table in the center of the room. My description does not do it justice. Everything I sampled was delicious.

After having some cold starters, we moved to the grill section - a selection of vegetables, starches, meats (lamb, tenderloin, chicken) and seafood (salmon, giant prawns, squid). All the food in this section is uncooked. Once we selected our food, we handed our plates to the chefs who cooked our meals. (This is a great idea, BTW. Rather than have "hot food" sit out in warming trays filled with sauce to prevent food from drying out, cook it fresh. Brilliant. More buffets should take a note from West View.) I had a tenderloin, cooked "medium," and a few giant prawns along with some corn, sweet potatoes, chili pineapple and polenta with Provolone. All of it was fantastic, but the tenderloin and prawns especially so.

There was also another table with vegetable calzones, more fish and chicken schwarma I didn't even get to try because I was so full.

At this point, we were quite full, but could not pass up dessert. Again, there was an entire tables full of desserts. Every single dessert I sampled was delicious.

The look and feel of West VIew is very nice, but in a very comfortable, non-stuffy sort of way. This is not an uber-trendy place. It doesn't need to be. I'm not sure I'd like it as much if it was.

The price is very fair. There is a large amount of food that is of good quality and drinks are included in the price. It is absolutely worth it. I wish I could have had more, but my eyes are bigger than my stomach :)

I only had one very minor issue. It took a little longer than I would've expected for our drinks (Bloody Mary's). Not a huge deal as we were in no rush. The staff apologized numerous times, and I told them not to worry.

We had a such a delicious meal and wonderful time. We will certainly return.

2 Thank S H
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at West View The Grill Room, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking out time to share your wonderful, detailed review about West View, ITC Maurya.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the unique dining experience that we offer at "The Grand Mauryan Brunch" though our elaborate spread of Western cuisines and warm service.

We have also noted your feedback regarding the drinks service being slightly delayed, and will look into the same.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

new delhi
“Special evening made more special!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

i am falling short of words to write my exteremely over whelming experience at West view, there is no other restaurant which matches the quality of food and service, both. Their ongoing festival 'American food festival' was nicely done. We liked the selection of meats and desserts. Not to forget, a special mention of staff Rajan, Ankit and Chef Ashwin who took good care of us. And, lastly the ambience of this restaurant is just perfect for the evening parties.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing West View, ITC Maurya for this special ocassion. We are delighted to know that we were able to make your celebration even more special, and you also enjoyed our recent American food festival.

We have also shared your special compliments with our team, and they are grateful for the same. We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Chennai (Madras), India
“A special evening........”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

It's was our 5th anniversary and me and my wife were new to delhi... As I was searching for good seafood meal... as me and my wife are fond of seafood .We just decide to go this place to spend the evening.. It was like awesome.. ambience, greeting food.what makes a difference is the service is top notch. Anurodh and his team keeps bringing you surprises which creates an experience .best of luck guys keep it up.... will be back soon ..cheers

• Visited June 2014
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at West View The Grill Room, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing West View, ITC Maurya for your anniversary celebration in New Delhi. We are delighted to know that we were able to make this ocassion more special for you through our warm service and endeavors.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
“Amazing food, extraordinary service!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have been to this restaurant last weekend. Amazing food with extraordinary service especially ankit- wine sommelier, was great on the table. Thankyou so much. Will surely go back!!!

• Visited June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your delightful review for West View, ITC Maurya. We are truly happy to know that you had an amazing experience with us, and found our service to be extraordinary.

We look forward to the pleasure of having you dine with us again.