“Lovely place in New Delhi”

Red Maple Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #39 of 1,106 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently travelled to India with my family. I needed a place where we could be comfortable staying with kids. Our experience was simply excellent in terms of reception they give you on arrival, the rooms are brand new and very clean, it is really a boutique property. The owners take creative interest in seeing that the guests are warmly welcome and offered every possible assistance. My kids felt like home at Red Maple and were happy to watch the cartoons and kid shows on Television !.

The property offers round the clock reception at property and every comfort in the rooms matches five star rooms.

Recommended to people who wish to feel at home in Delhi and enjoy all comforts at very affordable prices.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kris R

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our family stayed here twice in early August 2012. After some rather haphazard experiences with other homestays in India, we were impressed by the professional way this place is run - in comparison it felt more like a minuscule boutique hotel than a homestay! The building is in excellent condition (the outside wall was being repainted while we were there, although it looked quite spotless to me!), and the rooms and ensuite bathrooms were clean, tidy and comfortable. Breakfast was nice (although we had to ask for fresh fruit), and lunch and dinner can be ordered from a separate, quite extensive menu. There's an in-house washer & dryer that guests can use for their laundry at no extra charge, very handy! The staff were friendly and efficient, and the receptionist and the lady owner were extremely helpful when we ran into problems with a flight reservation - the matter was solved in no time thanks to them. The only drawback was we couldn't store any of our luggage here when we went to Mumbai for two days, as they don't have an extra luggage room. But otherwise we were 100% satisfied! One more hint: the location is not easy to find the first time, so print out the map from their website and be prepared to call or have the taxi driver call them if you get lost on the way. Once you know where the place is, it's really very easy to find your way back there from the South Extension Part I shopping district, which is at walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lakritsa
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The stay was comfortable. The rooms are clean and the staff was hospitable and accommodating. Good service. The breakfast was sumptuous. Value for money. except that the roads leading to the hotel were under repair leading to lot of dust and commuting problem.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank ChandigarhAmrit
Redmapledelhi, Owner at Red Maple Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for kind review on Trip Advisor appreciating your stay with us and finding it to be comfortable. We are pleased to note that you found the staff at Red Maple to be very hospitable and accommodating and their services to be good. We certainly like to offer lot of variety in our Breakfast and are delighted to note that you found the breakfast to be sumptuous.

During the period of your travel, the local municipal council was doing major repair works, which are sort of customary after the rains. Now the dust is settled as they have paved new roads and we hope you would have flawless access now to get to us.

Thanking you and looking forward to your next visit to Red Maple BB.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at Red Maple for our first two nights in India and found it a nice way to get adjusted. The place itself is very modern and well-maintained, and the neighborhood gets you right into Indian life. It's a residential area with lots of hustle and bustle and a good place to get started on developing your scooter and animal-dodging skills! The food at breakfast was very tasty - the masala omelet could stand to have a lot more spice and cilantro in it, but is good for easing yourself into the food.

As others have noted, it is apparently very hard for drivers to find. I had come prepared for this and had copied down the directions noted by the owner as a comment to another reviewer. However, when I showed them to our driver, he rebuffed the attempt to help, and then consequently got lost. He called them, and they sent someone to come find us in our car and lead us there. So I would definitely recommend having the contact info with you in case you need to call, and/or be prepared to insist that your driver take note of the directions.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mols2000

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your captioning your stay with us a “A nice welcome to India!”

We are pleased to note that you found your two nights stay with us a pleasant experience and wonderful way to get adjusted to the true Indian Experience. Your appreciation of our place to be very modern and well-maintained means a lot to us and we will make every endeavor to keep it the same way for our guests to come and enjoy the facilities.

Thank you for also acknowledging that the breakfast was tasty and you enjoyed the Indian flavours to Masala Omelet.

We have added and updated our location on google maps to find us more easier and have also posted direction and maps on our website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Red Maple on your next visit to India.

with kind regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Red Maple is truly international standard B&B. I have traveled to 25+ countries and this would be one of the best stays. Cooperative staff, healthy food and clean and well maintained rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Mudit D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind appreciation. We are delighted to note that you are an experienced traveller having travelled to over 25 countries and that your stay at Red Maple Bed and Breakfast was one of the best stays. These encouraging words help us strive more and excel in offering our services to our esteemed guests. Your kind words about our cooperative staff, healthy breakfast and clean well maintained rooms will encourage others to book with us.
With warm regards

Reviewed September 11, 2012

From the point of landing at delhi airport till my flight back to new york i was overwhelmed by the hotel's service. Excellent hospitality, super friendly staff. Its in the heart of south delhi minutes away from all the major tourist attractions. If you are in delhi, staying here is highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank chris k
Redmapledelhi, Owner at Red Maple Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to note that your stay with us was one of the finest experiences. We truly believe in making the stay of our Guests, as an experience to treasure, living up to the Indian Tradition of “Guest is God”.

Thank you for your stay with us, we look forward to having you back with us.

Harminder S. Saini

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I travel frequently on business to New Delhi. Usually it is the same hotel rooms and hotel environment. This time I decided to try the new initiative of Home Stay by staying at Red Maple in New Delhi, having read its reviews on trip advisor. I must say that right from my arrival and the warm reception i received and till I left after staying for 2 nights, I never felt that I had actually left my home in Mumbai. The owners are nice people to talk to, the staff are friendly and eager to help with a smile. The breakfast seemed great with cheese omlette and aloo parontha one morning. The sambar vada served next day for breakfast was yummy. They offer fruits, cereals and much more to just feed you enough. To my surprise the second evening when I came back to Red Maple after work, I remember it had been raining all day in Delhi, the owners sent me a Mumbai Special Vada Pao Sandwich with Masala Chai to my room. This is something the Mumbaiwalas love. I was overwhelmed. I plan to stay at this newly found home in New Delhi, whenever my work gets me here. I recommend it to people who need to be in accessible area of South Delhi, near South ext market and less than 2 kms to nearest metro INA. Fantastic place if you are looking for a caring experience.

Room Tip: Rooms have balconies and it is a smoke free property