“Excellent "Sun Hotel"”

Ranked #618 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Sasaram, India
“Excellent "Sun Hotel"”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was stayed with my family this month . The Room was very nice and clean .When I entered this hotel I was surprised , because the reception area so large and beautiful .
The manager is very helpful and friendly like you will feel your family member. When we need a taxi for delhi darshan , the tour and travel member arranged very quick . I Like very much this hotel "Sun International"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank priyanka d
hotelsun, Manager at Hotel Sun International, responded to this review, March 25, 2016
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Sun International and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed June 11, 2012

i had gone to delhi on april 2012 for business purposes . i stayed at Hotel Sun International ,Delhi.
it is a best budget hotel in delhi, and also it's rooms are excelent ,also service excelent. room's interior and hotel's food also excelent because it's with in the budget

Room Tip: room no 216,128,316 are best forsingle man
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jyoti_jackpot
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed June 7, 2012

whenever i go to Delhi with my family i stay at this hotel. facility provided by this hotel is very good. price charged by this hotel is reasonable n there staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Shailesh P
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Don't even know where to start. I've stayed in some pretty grubby hostels before having traveled extensively in the Middle East on a student budget, but this one absolutely takes the cake. The reception area is quite nice but that's where the similarities to the photos end. We walked into our room to find holes and cigarette burns in the sheets, extremely shabby blankets and pillows, a not so clean room and a bathroom that I could barely enter.

We decided to stay one night and see how it was....mistake. There was some sort of metalwork shop just outside the window, which hammered away most of the night. The walls must be paper thin because all night we laid awake listening to people shouting and screaming, doors banging open and closed, the floor telephone ringing from reception, dogs barking through open windows. Absolute chaos. The corridor had the feel of a bustling street and that seemed like the general atmosphere in the hotel.

The bathroom was actually sick and there was bird poop on the floor inside the bathroom. We ordered tea and coffee, which came up served in ancient plastic thermos containers accompanied by absolutely filthy cups. There was a layer of dirt inside them. Shabby is one thing, filthy is another.

If they have recently renovated, I would have hated to see it before. It's extremely cheap but you're definitely getting the worst here. They do advertise free WiFi but it worked for about 2 min of our stay. We had to print our booking info to cancel and their own computer connected to the modem barely held connection for the time to print the page.

They also ripped us off left and right- the airport taxi charge is exorbitant and we asked for a taxi to Connaught Place and the fee was outrageous for that as well. We ended up finding a tour agency in CP, and booked other activities and new hotels through them and it was the best decision. Even though we thought we were saving money here, they were totally taking advantage of us. Avoid if it's your first time traveling to Delhi.

We checked out after one night. I'm usually pretty easy to please and temperate in my reviews of places, but I really couldn't recommend this place to anyone, for any reason. Don't waste your time or your money here because you will leave.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank patriciadxb
hotelsun, Owner at Hotel Sun International, responded to this review, January 31, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting new mattresses, bed skirts, window treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

Please see our new and renovated rooms in our website and give us another chance to serve you

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Paris, France
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I do business in India & have been staying in this hotel a min. of 4 times per year for 13/14 yrs now. It used to be very basic, pretty grubby, but the price was right & the staff always helpful & friendly, so it suited me.. Located down an alley off the Arakashan Road, (& therefore missing most of the street din), it has undergone an extensive renovation over the past few years & is now a very decent, clean place to stay & still very reasonably priced. I've never paid more than 700/- rupees /night (10 pounds/$14.00) & that only recently to reflect their renovations. Twice a year I take my wife & son there when we pass through Delhi. She's French & can be fussy, but she's ok here. Its very handy to the N.Delhi Railway Stn, & Main Bazar in Pahar Gunj.
They even have free wifi now.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Denis H
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I would like to start by informing everyone that never ever in your life go to this hotel, even if this is the only option available on planet earth to stay... Horrible experience of my life...

First on their website they had mentioned that if you book deluxe room for 3 nights... breakfast plus pickup is included which was never provided (in four days stay in this hotel breakfast too was never included) although requested the hotel manager after arrival at Delhi to provide pickup service, for which they had mentioned on their website... The guy told me, come by your own or will charge you extra and our guy have to come all the way to pick you up..blah blah.. excuses.. Terrible start of my holiday trip... :-(

Then, after one hour we reached near hotel to find that it was not that easily located how they had informed me... so after standing in hot sun for almost half an hour with my wife... one of their employee had come to take us to hotel... n in the way we found that hotel was at pathetic location with tapori looking kind of people.. will suggest never go there with family... NOT EVEN ALONE...

After reaching there and checking in... hotel’s lift too was not working... (never worked in my entire stay of four days) had to walk up & down 3 floors... and you will find the area very dirty while entering the hotel premises...

Although it was Deluxe room, it was very small... no toiletries nor even a towel was provided... They provided it after I had requested on day one only.. after that nothing was provided or towels too were never replaced during our four days stay... :-(

Rooms too were never cleaned after our check-in through our check-out and still had to pay for their room service charges for all four days which they never provided...

From Room Facilities which are mentioned on their site for Deluxe room... There was No mineral water, no fruit basket, no geyser in bathroom (not even hot water), no toilet paper, no WiFi Internet, no sofa, no newspaper provided on a single day, no study table, and they had mentioned Tea table as dinning table... total wastage of holiday at this price which they claim as 3 star hotel...

From day one they started harassing me and my wife... by every now and then coming to our room and telling us that by mistake we brought tea of other room to your room or other room's food to your room... and did you ring the bell as the service bell's light is blinking so we came here... how can one ring a bell when he/she is sleeping??? Don't they note down the room no. from which the order was given?

They provide drinking water that too when requested... n didn’t ever bother to provide water glass.. we have to make separate request for it... they don't even give spoon either when we order food.. until we again request for the same... and after the food is served and empty plates are cleaned and although requested them thrice to bring the bill... they never do.. they only bring it for our signature after 12.30 am (midnight, on all four days) just to harass us from our sleep... and all four days... till 1-2 am there used to be noise on 4th floor coz of which we were unable to have proper sleep...

They even asked us to go to standard room as they wanted to take some snaps of our room, that too when I had already informed them in advance during our check-in that we are tired coz of traveling so please let us sleep and make sure not to disturb us till evening.. and still they kept on calling us or their waiters kept on ringing our room bell every now and then...

When I requested them to take snap in empty deluxe room if they wanted to upload snaps of room on their website... manager gave excuse that those rooms are not clean.. WOW! Being a 3 start hotel you don't keep your rooms clean? What if any customer comes to stay in your hotel without prior booking? Will they ask him to wait till the rooms are cleaned? What impression will he get for the hotel?

These people don't know how to run a hotel business, nor do they know "C" of Customer Service...

It seemed to me that we stayed in a guest house in a rural area and not in a 3 star hotel at Delhi… TOTAL WASTAGE OF MONEY AND TIME!!!

Room Tip: Never in your dream also go to this hotel... it's reception area is only good how it looks in th...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Saurav D
hotelsun, Owner at Hotel Sun International, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear Sir,
I am sorry about the inconvenience caused by our hotel.This will not happen in future.We will provide you best service.Next time you"ll have a comfortable stay in our hotel.

Thanking You
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The ACs drip water all night. The floors and Bathroom unclean. They charge you hidden rates. The staff are disgruntled, a few bengali staff are friendly but they seem unhappy working there. They say they have a complimentary airport / railway station pickup / drop, but they charged me an exorbitant rate for the same and the manager and even the owner fought with me in the most uncouth manner when I sought refund for the charges. Please dont go by the professional images posted in the site. only the hotel lobby looks good and the rest is like a damp cheap hotel. And dont expect anybody to respond to your calls if you need something in the midst of night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family