“so called 5 star hotel not worth it”

Fraser Suites New Delhi
Ranked #188 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Im writing this review in the fraser hotel delhi. Went there with more expectation but the hotel is well below the expectation. Our disappointment can be attributed to lack of cleanliness in the room which we never expect in a 5 star, i walked inside the apartment barre footed and i got dirty foot, and the tap water is very very salty that its not at all usable for even brushing and bathing this is contrary for a 5 star hotel. The hotel staffs are not well trained to handle guests, i used my rental self drive car and given the car for valet parking, and while giving the token to the valet driver he gave me the key and asked me to take the car myself.
The guys in the reception looks arrogant and showed no respect to guests on first visit. Just throwing the ID cards shown for proof like illiterates.
The hotel location will cost more on travel expenses as its located 15 km away from delhi city.
And the 2 bedroom apartment which we are staying is no better than a dilapidated 2 bedroom ordinary apartment with no maintenance, no proper staffing, the staffs are arrogant. BETTER AVOID IT.
You have better 5 star hotels very close to this useless place.

Room Tip: Never go to fraser suites they are not upto the 5 star mark, just 2 star
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Prince A
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Perfectman79,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to write a detailed review about our property, I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations and have taken up the issues with the concerned departments .We constantly strive to improve and take measures to train our staff to
meet the expectations of our esteemed guests in keeping with our brand which represents luxury apartments worldwide and would ensure that action is taken at once to improve whatever facilities were lacking based on the feedback provided by you.

I would be delighted to welcome you on your next visit to our property and would ensure a comfortable and memorable stay .

Shafali R.Chopra.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and the golf thing they had was really nice....
B'fast was nice and lavish...the bar needs some additions but the service was quick..rooms are loaded with every thing.location suited me as south delhi and noida both were just 10 min

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Narang1234,

Thank you for your valuable feedback ,it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.It gives me great pleasure to know that you have liked our rooms and were satisfied by the services of our team .
We look forward to welcome you to our property on your future visits to New Delhi,

Resident Manager.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am very regular in Noida hotels, this was the first time i have tried to have new experience but believe me my money which i have wasted in Fraser Suite can not be compensated with million of rupees. Except the House keeping every body else were running like headless chicken. take my suggestion and delete this property name from your dictionary. The first point of contact Sales it itself is like our Prime minister who want to keep the designation in his pocket but don't want to perform accordingly. I can only say shame on them.

Room Tip: Dont even think of going to this place
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Supercool27,

Thank you for your review, I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by our staff,except the house keeping team.

I would like to assure you that we have taken your review seriously with the sales department and would ensure that our guests do not have to face any problems in future.

If given an opportunity to serve you again on your visit to the city , my team would take all measurements to make your stay a pleasent and memorable one.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visited Frasers Suites on a weekday (it was a Tuesday to be precise) for dinner. The hotel looked deserted and no one was there except for the guys at the reception. (Probably its still to be accepted as a commercial place for staying or I went on the most unhappening day). The interiors are good, clean and inviting. The restaurant was cosy and the Buffet dinner was laid out. Not too many options on the buffet just 9 items which included breads/rice/main course veg and main course non veg. Not too many options for drinks. I asked for Budweiser which was yet to be cooled so I asked for KF beer. The KF beer was flat and it was changed on request. Salads and maincourse items were good. The only thing that was irritating were the mosquitoes. The waiter was quick to put up Allout but that didnt help and the mosquito was uninvited guest throughout the dinner. Only 3 dessert options were there, but nevertheless they tasted good and fresh.

Overall a nice place to have a comfortable dinner with family and friends. A bit pricey though for the options and location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Puneet_Vanniar,

Thank you for taking valuable time to write a review about our property ,I am glad to know that you enjoyed your meal at 'The Epicure' and found it comfortable.

We have taken up the feedback about the mosquitoes ,beer and the spread of the buffet with the concerned departments and assure you that on your next visit at Fraser Suites New Delhi you would find a larger buffet laid out .

We are committed to serve our guests to their satisfaction and offer our hospitality as is expected from a luxury brand.

We hope to welcome you in the near future to enjoy the services provided by the team at our property.

Shafali RChopra

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I'm stuck here right now and would give anything to get away (but my flight is two days away). Just checked in today and the sheets smell like vomit. The neighborhood is disgusting, as is the level of cleanliness. This is not the standard of Fraser Suites elsewhere in the world. This is Indian standards, which means that most people will not come back (unless they're Indian, in which case they're used to it). Ate at the restaurant. As expensive as London (seriously!) and inedible. After a few bites, our meals were over. Made that known to the restaurant manager. Was offered cake (as if we really wanted to put any other food from that kitchen into our mouths) but no consideration to removing from the bill the inedible items. Do not stay here. We are fools for doing so! And, I've never written an online review of a hotel/restaurant before. So, you can be sure that this place is horrible enough to have elicited my first review. Gross.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NotSoDifficult

Dear NotSoDifficult,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, I deeply regret that we were unable to offer you services upto the desired standards and have taken it up with the concerned departments.

I would like to assure you that I have personally discussed your review in depth with my team and would like to refund your entire food bill if you may please give us the details.

I also wish to assure you that we have since taken immediate steps to look into the laundry,cleanliness and quality of food so that we are able to meet the expectations of our guests as we are comitted to provide our guests complete satisfaction as is expected from a Fraser property.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to extend a warm welcome and serve you to your satisfaction in order to make your stay a pleasent and memorable one.

I thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was sweeped off my feet when I enetered the one bedroom suite..amazing room with a bar table though I had to request them to place bar tables..I had good time with there bose system though the valume was fixed to a limit..the restaurant has less capacity but served our pourpose..the lawn is very nice and the staff co operates to serve coffee there as well...thw Wifi speed was excelent..I liked there elevated jacuzzi ..the murg tikka was nice. Location is good as the hotel is right infront of DND..I suggest its worth the value.

• Stayed: November 2012
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear abhinavabhinav,

Thank you for your review about our property , I am pleased to know that you had a pleasent stay at Fraser Suites New Delhi and liked our rooms.

We look forward to having you stay with us in future when you are in the city.

Shafali R Chopra
Fraser Suites New Delhi

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My friend stayed at this hotel recently and we were highly impressed with the hotel. But the staff working is terrible and has no idea how to talk or deal with the guests.
- Our check in took almost half hour because they could not figure out our booking. Perhaps they don't know how to effectively use an iMac!
- We were assured that the payment will be done from the card from which the booking was made. But to my shock, the payment was done from my friend's card (my guest) So make sure you don't invite a guest and put them up here.
- When I called the hotel to check, the person I spoke to was extremely impatient and hung up on me without resolving my query!

I have read other reviews of this hotel and I can see that many of the guest found the staff not trained and unprofessional. Its a pity that such a beautiful hotel has been left to be run by a bunch of jokers.

Room Tip: As long as the person who is paying for the room is one of the guest, the hotel is worth it. Expect...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
ShafaliC, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Atulagarwal56,

Thank you for your feedback about our property as it would help us to improve our services.

I am extremely sorry for the delay that was faced by you and your friend and have taken it up with the respective department.

I would like to clarify your query regarding the charges.

The charges for the stay was taken through the card no. provided at booking.com but the extras were charged to your guest on her card as per her request prior to her check out at 6 am the next day.

I am happy to know that you have liked our property and we will make all efforts to train our team to meet all guest expectations. I assure you of a pleasent experience on your next visit at Fraser Suites New Delhi