“Clean but loud!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #141 of 695 Hotels in New Delhi
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Clean but loud!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Nice hotel which was ultra clean. Food was good- not a wide variety for breakfast but everything we had was nice. The Indian set menu at dinner was really good and reasonably priced! In a safe gated community (on our second night we walked to the Manor Hotel- highly recommended for dinner) but right next to a busy road so traffic noise is deafening!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank BeccaLouise89
MANTRAAMALTASDelhi, Owner at Mantra Amaltas, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to write the review on TripAdvisor. We regret that you were inconvenienced due to the street noise levels. Due to a major road closure, all traffic was diverted onto this main street. The situation has improved drastically and we hope that you use us again on your next visit to Delhi. I am sure you will find a change.

Many thanks

Avi Puri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

“Peace and calmness in a busy and noisy city in Delhi”

Whenever I travel to Delhi I felt that the best places to stay would be a 5-star hotel before I came across this boutique hotel, Mantra Amaltas.

For me after spending a hectic long day at work, the only thing am looking for is peace and tranquillity when I reach back to my hotel room. Mantra Amaltas offers just that. Though it is just a small boutique hotel it offers more that what a 5-star hotel would offer. In fact I would say it offers much more. Moreover it fits perfectly within ones budget.

Located almost centrally, the hotel room gives you a feel of staying at a heritage place. Their single room are large in size with a small little balcony giving you the required place to move in and around the room. Every room here is equipped with sound proof large windows that instantly kill all sounds and disturbance from the outside world which is exactly what I need while sleeping.

The room is A/C and also has a ceiling fan in the middle of the room with a decent satellite TV connection. I can honestly say that this was and will be one of our favorite places to stay in Delhi. It has a very warm, tranquil, welcoming atmosphere and the team does everything and anything necessary to make you stay comfortable.

If you love walking, the hotel is located perfectly so one can enjoy a long peaceful walk with surrounding trees and nice little bungalows in an around the property.

I had planned to stay for few days but ended up staying for a complete week thanks to the entire team at Mantra Amaltas that made me feel like am staying in my own home.

Thanks team Mantra Amaltas 

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking time out to write the review. We are absolutely delighted with your review and will be happy to receive you again. We shall convey your comments to the staff also.

Now a days the flowers are in full bloom all around and specially the terrace is an absolute delight.

Many thanks and you now have a home ( in Delhi) away from home.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

all in all i went there with high expectations as my wife had stayed there for more than a week, when i reached there the place looked welcoming, but when we reached the room it smelled damp and sure enough there was some wetness on the walls, we asked to change the room and the did so promptly, the new room was much better but there was enough road noise, not enough to not let you sleep but enough that u could notice.
The breakfast which we asked for our son was perfect and was prepared instantly but for us the breakfast was not up to the mark the muffins were hard and stale and the spread limited.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank 1strover
MANTRAAMALTASDelhi, Owner at Mantra Amaltas, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for having taken the time to write the review. Your frank comments are most welcome as they are intended to help us upgrade on services.

It was after your review we have initiated some measures to ensure that this is never repeated again. Food quality is paramount as we pride ourselves on that. We therefore genuinely thank you for helping us improve. I am sure on your next visit you will see the improvement.

Warm regards

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed 3 nights and really, really enjoyed ourselves. Staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. Room was very pleasant. Restaurant was good and the staff very attentive and friendly. The Delhi air was clear our first night and we were able to eat on the terrace. Being January it was chilly, but they brought out a heater for us. This was 1 of 2 hotels we stayed at in Delhi. Though the other was much closer to the sites, we'd definitely choose to stay here again. It's located in a QUIET, gated, residential area. We ate at another hotel's restaurant w/in the colony (Indian Summer, highly recommend the tasting menu), and were able to walk there and back (careful, though, roads are rather dark). After we waited too long to make train reservations to Agra, they arranged a driver for us with less than a day's notice. The hotel driver can also be hired to take you around the city, but it's much cheaper to call Mega Cabs, a company that operates in other cities as well. All and all, a lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ajmoreno25
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your time in writing such nice words about us. It is this which rewards us and makes us to do better & better.

New Delhi can be a very busy city and we want to give that solace & peace to our guests. Being located in a very upscale gated bungalow area, traffic is limited and our guests often go jogging and walking.

We have a very active and highly acclaimed travel desk who have put together interesting touring suggestions for Delhi & surrounding. The train tour to Agra is really nice but needs to be booked in advance as it is very popular. I am sure that when you visit us again we will give you many more touring options.

Thanks again,

CT, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was in India for a month (Sept-Oct. 2012) and the Mantra Amaltas was the first hotel my group stayed in. After that, no other hotel could measure up to the outstanding service, accommodations, delightful staff and the most superior General Manager ! We left the Mantra Amaltas several times to go to other places....always returning to what felt and became our "home' away from home. It was a joy to go eat meals there being waited on by the most courteous staff who tried to anticipate our needs. Room service was punctual, house keeping great, the front desk staff warm,welcoming and inviting, and the man who drives the hotel's taxi was delightful. Above all, this hotel is run by the BEST General Manager a hotel could have. If I go back to India, the Mantra Amaltas will definitely be a place I want to stay at again.
Leslie from CT, USA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leslie B
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed for one night. Was going to stay for two more nights after our Jaipur trip. Hotel wouldn't take booking in person. Was told to email to book a room. Email was not responded to for two days, so we ended up staying at another hotel. Hotel can be hard to find for out of Towner taxi drivers. Shower didn't have a partition or a lip to keep water in one place. As a result, water was all over the washroom floor. Staff was very good at the front desk and restaurant.

Room Tip: Get a room with shower partition or enjoy your flooded washroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was amazing from the first moment we arrived. We recently got engaged and the hotel did everything possible to make our stay special and memorable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the beds were fantastic. All in all we enjoyed our stay immensely. The small number of rooms is what makes this hotel unique and as such you are treated like a person and not just a client. The hotel was a perfect way to end our stay in Delhi. :-)

Although my review is favourable I do need to mention two matters that did impact on our stay.

The first matter concerns directions to the hotel. This hotel can be very difficult to find, even with the map provided by the hotel. My advice be sure to get clear instructions before you arrive as you could end up driving around for a long time trying to find it.

My second gripe concerns use of the hotel recommended driver and car service. On the advice of management I was persuaded to use one of the hotel appointed (and I assumed trusted) drivers as they were safe. I explained to reception beforehand cearly where we wanted to go (Dilli Haat outdoor market) who then instructed the driver to take us there. Without knowing the area as we were tourists our driver took us to Delhi Haat (a few shops aimed specifically at tourists with inflated prices). When we were dropped off I questioned the location but our driver assured me it was correct. When we returned to the hotel however I mentioned to reception where we were dropped and they advised we were taken to the wrong place! I was furious and after complaining to hotel management they advised they would investigate further. The matter was left until the day we were departing. Upon checkout the hotel although apologetic refused to refund me for any costs even though I was using their appointed driver. The manager advised that any refund would come out of his wages and not the hotel. I felt this was unfair and unfortunately tarnished what would have been an impeccable stay. :-(

The issues we experienced above should not stop you staying at this hotel for it really was very nice and highly recommended. My suggestions are to assist others so they don't experience what we did.

• Stayed November 2012