“Nice neighborhood villa-type inn”
Review of Mantra Amaltas

Mantra Amaltas
Ranked #155 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel is well located in south Delhi within an upscale colony. As others have stated, rooms facing the main road are prone to street noise, so would recommend rooms away from the street. My room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. There is no gym facility, but running in the neighborhood is nice. Breakfast is on par with the many other places I have stayed in the city. Service is courteous, and there is a wonderful patio seating area to relax or have a drink. Wifi is good at no extra charge. My bill, though, was a maze of 9 line items just for the daily room charge -- taxes, plan package, etc. I guess it makes the charges very transparent anyway, if a bit overwhelming. Would especially recommend for visitors, but it is homey comfort for business persons as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WWDC11

Reviewed November 29, 2012

At the end of our India trip we stayed in this wonderful Boutique Hotel.The Hotel is located in a very quiet location in New Delhi. The rooms are very clean and contemporary.
The moment we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly reception Staff. There is a beautiful Roof top restaurant which is decorated with fresh flowers and the atmosphere is most inviting.
we missed our flight home and had to return to the hotel for one more night. I would like to extend a special thank you to the two managers Brashant and Raihan for helping us book another flight the next day. They made our stay in India unforgettable. Anyone traveling to Delhi I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for a top floor so you have a view of the trees .
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank yellowhummingbird
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I want to like Mantra Amaltas, I really do. I selected it specifically because I wanted to give my boyfriend, on his first trip to India, a more homey, more authentically Indian experience than we'd get in a generic Western hotel. On my first trip to Delhi, I'd stayed at Thikana Delhi (which I'd wholeheartedly recommend!), and the personal service and attention was so helpful to me in getting my bearings. That was of particular importance to me, because I was going to be working for part of the time, leaving him on his own.

The room was indeed comfortable, and the staff was welcoming and, well, well-meaning. But their follow-through was pretty uneven. For example, the restaurant, billed as being open until 11, was shuttered one night at 10 when I returned from work (and there aren't a lot of other close-by dining options; we made do with crackers). Given the location in a residential neighbourhood, we were reliant on them to arrange transportation, and it was often unclear if they actually had scheduled a car or taxi. Everything would have to be confirmed, double confirmed, and confirmed again. This was particularly problemmatic when working, as I needed to get to business meetings on time. They also weren't helpful in explaining to the drivers where we needed to go -- I'd explain it to the front desk, only to find myself, mid-trip, trying to communicate my schedule to a non-English-speaking driver. Turning to non-hotel drivers was tricky, as the place is hard to find.

Look, I travel a lot, and I recognise that Delhi is a difficult city to navigate, with no central area to stay in. And perhaps this hotel would have worked better for a purely holiday traveler. While it advertises as a budget hotel, Mantra Amaltas' room rate is comparable to other business hotels, and the service, well-intented as it was, didn't live up to that.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank karinf74
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This small hotel close to New Friends Colony market is great if you would like to stay somewhere with a personal touch and great service. Rooms are large and comfortable. Enjoyed have a beer on the rooftop terrace in the evening. Reccommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mari O
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After spending one month in India, I nominate Mantra Amaltas as the Best Boutique Hotel in Delhi, and perhaps in India. From my first contact with General Manager Sandeep Patial before leaving the US to the final goodbye a few days ago, all encounters were first class in every way. Mr Sandeep anticipates the needs of his guests and is quick to offer solutions that make your stay enjoyable, comfortable and easy. I stayed at the hotel with two friends for one week before a group of 70 arrived, watching the staff handling the large arrivals with professionalism and ease.

Our modern rooms were spacious and comfortable with deep mattresses on the beds. Each room had a jar of biscuits, with English, Indian and herbal teas and coffees available and refreshed daily. The hotel has free WiFi which is usable in every room. The tiled bathrooms are well lit and very spacious with large mirrors. Each room has a safe mounted in the armoire.

Our tour group left the hotel for Northern India but returned to Delhi twice before leaving for the States. Each time we came back to the Mantra Amaltas which was like “coming home.” The entire Staff (from the front desk to the restaurant staff to the drivers) greeted us like old friends who had been away on a short trip. They greeted the buses at midnight with smiles, lemonade, and friendly welcomes. And each time we returned, our original room 205 was waiting for us.

The food served at the restaurant is outstanding and the Chef is to be commended for his excellent selections of both continental and Indian food. The restaurant staff knew our meal preferences and had it ready when we arrived for lunch or dinner. In fact, one morning we had a very early departure for an event. Mr Sandeep, the GM sent toast, marmalade and tea to our room so we would not leave the hotel hungry. That behavior goes beyond the normal hotel service. It states that this hotel prides itself on knowing their customers and responding helpfully and surely to all their needs.

Several afternoons Mr Sandeep served us tea and biscuits in the lobby while regaling us with stories about India, about the culture, and about the spiritual aspects of life in this mysterious country. There were many high points during our month in India. It's not often that a hotel achieves that designation, but in this case it does. We left having made new friends, most of them at the Mantra Amaltas.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor. The restaurant is on the fourth with a rooftop garden. Any rooms wil...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank FLTraveler88
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just returned from a month in northern India. We made New Delhi our home base as we toured many destinations within a days drive, flight or train ride from there. While in New Delhi, we stayed at the Mantra Amaltas, which I can't say enough good about. The facilities are clean and well maintained, the staff is courteous and helpful on every level and when we wanted to shop locally a driver was made available for half a day or full day as needed. We literally wanted for nothing at the Amaltas. Additionally we met and enjoyed the company of the hotel manager, Sandeep Patial, who regaled us with stories of his family, the traditions of India and the underlying messages of its complicated mythology. Where ever else we traveled in India, the Mantra Amaltas was like coming back home. Thank you Sandeep and your wonderful staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel was 3 stars at best. The location is terrible and it's also on a main road which means lots of noise all night - if you know that Delhi drivers honk constantly. The rooms are super basic. clean but not nice at all. at least the bed was clean and the bedding seemed relatively new. The food was good enough luckily, sunce going out for dinner would've been a journey.

• Stayed: October 2012