“Clean and quiet”
Review of Jorbagh BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jorbagh BnB
Ranked #15 of 1,106 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The BnB is extremely clean and well attended by kind staff. The owner is very well organized and the home located in a very nice neighbourhood. It was a very pleasant stay and I found it very helpful to be staying with someone who has many years of experience in the travel industry.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Laura H

Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a delight to stay with Pravin and Anjoo for four nights in late November. Their location is wonderful. Quiet yet convenient to other Delhi sites. More importantly, they are wonderful hosts.They helped smooth my initial adjustments to India. While my international flight arrived around 1:30AM, I had a driver waiting for me. When I arrived at the BnB shortly later, I was welcomed by Pravin. When I awoke the next morning, I was able to ask Pravin dozens of questions about my Delhi plans. In order to taste some wonderful north Indian food, Pravin and Anjoo even took another BnB resident and me out to dinner one night. I can't say enough about Pravin and Anjoo. I hope that when my wife and I return to India we will be able to return to Pravin's and Anjoo's BnB. If you are wanting to avoid a large, loud, and nondescript Delhi hotel, I would highly recommend these knowledgeable and gracious hosts.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Curt L
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Wow - I cannot say enough good things about this BnB. The location is ideal: close to great shopping, minutes from the Metro and walking distance from Lodhi Gardens!

Pravin is a true gentleman and is very accommodating. The included breakfast was very good. The room was ideal - quiet, clean, large, air-conditioned with a modern bathroom and amenities.

If you are an ex-Delhi native like myself or a newbie to Delhi, you cannot go wrong with this BnB. They are super helpful with directions, arranging taxis, shopping tips and good conversations.

Lastly, there are no hidden fees and you pay exactly what they initially quote.

I will definitely be staying at JorBagh BnB next time.

Room Tip: If you like a garden view, stay in the front room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Charles K
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Jor Bagh BnB for 6 nights to attend a conference held at India Habitat Center. It was our best decision to not stay at one of the big hotels where you are just one under hundreds of guests. This bnb combines the feeling of safety with spotless clean and spacious rooms in a great location of Delhi. Anjoo and Pravin do everything to make you feel at home. I never felt so welcomed at any hotel or guesthouse! I came to Delhi with plenty of concerns and left with the wish to return as soon as possible. And the reason for this is Pravin and his careful way of teaching us how India 'works'.
The bnb is located in a very clean, green and comparably calm district of Delhi. The metro station is some two minutes walk down the street, the Habitat Center maybe some 15 minutes passing the beautiful Lodi Gardens.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at the Jorbagh BnB for 3 weeks in September/October 2013. I've been to Delhi 6 times before, but this is now my favorite place to stay. I liked it so much that I will be staying again for a month in January. It's perfect for the professional who wants a safe, clean, comfortable, and central location with a friendly touch, or for a tourist who wants a good base to explore Delhi from and appreciates good conversation and helpful advice. Pravin, his wife Anju, and the staff are extremely efficient and competent. Things get done without hassle. Nothing breaks, nothing needs to be asked twice, and the costs are exactly as they are advertised. They are hospitable without being intrusive; Pravin is a great conversationalist who comes to breakfast everyday, they generously sometimes take guests out to dinner and check to make sure their guests are OK, but give plenty of space and privacy.

A few more details:
- there are two main rooms – one with more light but more street noise and one with less light but quieter. Both have AC, flat screen satellite TV, and nice bathrooms, and are extremely well cleaned every day. There is an airy, light, AC-ed common room where breakfast is served that can also be used as a work or relaxation space. The breakfasts are excellent and there is free bottled water, coffee/tea, and biscuits during the day. There is reliable free wifi throughout.
- The B&B is close to a lot of tourist locations (Humayun's Tomb, Lal Qila, Lodhi Gardens) and on the Yellow Line for quick access to others (CP, Qutab Minar, Chandni Chowk, Hauz Khas Village). For professionals, it's close to the various NGO and corporate offices in the South Delhi area.
- For dinner or lunch, in a 10 minute walk there is the Lodi Restaurant on Lodi Road and Tres and Ploof in Lodhi Colony Main Market. Within a 15 minute walk or 5-minute autorickshaw ride there are some very nice places and a Café Coffee Day in Meher Chand market and the cheap, solid Eatopia food court at the India Habitat Centre. A 25-30 minute walk through Lodhi Garden or 10 minute autorickshaw ride is Khan Market's cluster of restaurants and stores, and a 10-15 min. ride is Defence Colony market. The Metro connects to areas like CP and HKV (take metro to Green Park, then a quick 30 rupee auto ride) that have lots of places to eat.
- Pravin can arrange taxis and car hires and the Jor Bagh Metro is a very short walk away. There are lots of easy landmarks around to help a taxi or auto driver to get you back, and there are lots of autos and taxis in the (very safe, very affluent, sometimes absurdly wealthy) neighborhood.

In sum, this is an excellent value for Delhi. It has the professionalism and privacy of a business hotel with the friendliness of a bed and breakfast. It seems to attract an interesting crowd of tourists, academics, and NGO folks who are independent but have high standards. Highly recommended and worth booking well in advance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent service, great advice on the city, clean and secure apartment. Pravin and his staff were very generous and did their utmost best to make me feel at home. The breakfast was very good and healthy. The place is very well situated: close to the Jorbagh metro and Lodhi gardens. I highly recommend the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed two days/nights at Jorbagh BnB after returning from a 7-week trip to Ladakh and Zanskar. Initially, I had some concerns about stopping in Delhi on my way back home. But Jorbagh BnB turned out to be a wonderful place, and thanks to it my stay in Delhi was very pleasant. Jorbagh BnB is located in a central, but quiet area of Delhi close to the lovely Lodi Gardens (and the Khan Market, which offer coffee shops and restaurants). It is also within a short walk of a metro station that is directly connected to both Old Delhi and Qutab Minar. The owner, Pravin, is a perfect host. The rooms are large, well-equipped, and very clean. They are located on a the second floor of the small building, while the owners live on the third floor, so that both the guests and the hosts have much privacy. Pravin gave me excellent advice about the places to visit and arranged a car (at a very reasonable price) for this visit. I will certainly stay again at Jorbagh BnB during my next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo