“A great place in the middle of a big city”
Review of Jorbagh BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jorbagh BnB
Ranked #14 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Stanford, California
“A great place in the middle of a big city”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed two days/nights at Jorbagh BnB after returning from a 7-week trip to Ladakh and Zanskar. Initially, I had some concerns about stopping in Delhi on my way back home. But Jorbagh BnB turned out to be a wonderful place, and thanks to it my stay in Delhi was very pleasant. Jorbagh BnB is located in a central, but quiet area of Delhi close to the lovely Lodi Gardens (and the Khan Market, which offer coffee shops and restaurants). It is also within a short walk of a metro station that is directly connected to both Old Delhi and Qutab Minar. The owner, Pravin, is a perfect host. The rooms are large, well-equipped, and very clean. They are located on a the second floor of the small building, while the owners live on the third floor, so that both the guests and the hosts have much privacy. Pravin gave me excellent advice about the places to visit and arranged a car (at a very reasonable price) for this visit. I will certainly stay again at Jorbagh BnB during my next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jean-Claude L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed September 12, 2013

"Elegant", "secure", "central" are true to their meanings(Here I don't need to repeat what so many others have described). More than that, Pravin and his staff enbody care and generocity. My flight arrived very early to Delhi and Pravin arranged airport pick-up. Beverages and fruits were ready immediately after I settled down. With Pravin's brief and concise explanations about his city, I could start exploring Delhi as a tourist right away. If first impression on the first day is important, the rest of my stay(7 days) is all like the first day - delicious breakfast, spacious and clean room and prompt service whenever they see I have a need - they go extra to make one feel at home. I am sure that I will choose to stay here if I visit Delhi again. An earlier guest's recommendation and the reviews from TripAdvisor have been helpful for me to choose to stay at Jorbagh BnB, but one has to stay here to know what those good recommendations mean.

Room Tip: My room at the back is quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 3Red33
Turin, Italy
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is just a short review to confirm what I wrote in a longer review a few months back. I came back to JorbaghBnB after a few months and things have not changed: great service, very clean rooms, very nice complimentary breakfast, and great people. As far I am concerned, I will look no further for a placa to stay when I am in Delhi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at Jorbagh BnB for my first 2.5 weeks upon relocating to New Delhi. I couldn't have asked for a better temporary home - or hosts. Pravin and Anjoo are extraordinarily hospitable and went way beyond the call of duty, for instance by taking me out for meals and, in my case, providing much-needed advice on home renovations and putting the entirety of their personal contacts, tradespeople, etc, at my disposal. I am delighted not only to recommend Jorbagh BnB to any visitor looking for a safe, central respite in New Delhi, but also to become Anjoo and Pravin's near neighbours for the next few years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at this B&B for two nights because it was walking distance to a meeting I had to attend. It is also walking distance to the nearest metro station. There is not much else in the area, though if you don't mind a stroll you can get to the Indian Habitat Centre where there are dining options. The room including the bathroom were nice and seemed recently refurbished. The breakfast was large and nice, though was the same both days; you can have it at whatever time you specify. After going out you have to ring a bell for a serving-boy to come and let you back upstairs. The owner is ever so pleasant and well mannered, that you would almost feel oafish in comparison. I would stay here again if I am travelling to the same area of Delhi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank qirtaiba
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've now stayed at Jorbagh BnB twice in three months - first in February (3 nights) (we picked it based on the tripadvisor reviews) and then again in April (5 nights). The rooms are very modern, stylish - think boutique hotel (flat screen tvs and marble + free (fast) wifi) not American style B&B for the decor, and quite large. The mattresses are comfortable, but very firm (in the indian style) - I was surprised how well I slept as I'm used to something a bit softer. The location is pretty perfect - Jor Bagh is a safe and quiet (for Delhi) neighborhood filled with stately apartments and homes around greened squares. Most of the neighborhood is gated and the gates are locked at night. The neighborhood has a small market with an English language bookstore, two banks, a butcher, and deli.

We appreciated being so close to Lodi Gardens (if you're a runner and don't want to spend your time in Delhi working out on a treadmill, do as the Delhites (?) do and head to Lodi Gardens at the crack of dawn). The location - about a 3 minute walk from the Metro (which also doubles as a cab stand) makes JorBagh B&B a great place to explore the city from. The owner had very helpful suggestions for navigating Delhi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer J
Turin, Italy
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Delhi. I tried a few BnB in Delhi in the last few years but I must say my search for the perfect place is finally over. I stayed here for three weeks in March 2013. First, the owners (Pravin and Anjoo) are extremely interesting and chatty people who will spare no effort to make you feel at home. They even took me out for dinner a few times. I've probably learnt more about Delhi from conversations with Pravin than in years of study.
Second, the location is just perfect. 1 minute walking from JorBagh metro station on the yellow line which connects virtually any tourist destination in the city and most government offices. Khan market is 2 km away and autorickhshaw are available at the metro stantion. There is also a taxi stand nearby. The marvellous Lodi Garden in a short walk away. The neighbourhood is perhaps Delhi's safest and cleanest.
Third, rooms are very clean and spatious. There is a mini fridge, a big flat TV screen and unilimted free wifi. Also, free water, tea and coffee. Bathrooms are big and the shower is powerful (24 hours hot water). The service is great, as Pravin would make anything to satisfy your needs. Complimentary breakfast is good (fruit, omelette or paratha, lassi, cereals, tea, coffee).
Overall, I can recommend this BnB without reservation.

Room Tip: Room facing JorBagh road is full of natural light
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo